ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Wegher

This board loves it some “what could have been” talk and if we must indulge, I’d say Brandon Wegher is the single biggest FML of the Ferentz tenure. Had he played all four years the trajectory of the program would be significantly higher. For all the “next man in talk” there are some dudes who are simply great and can’t be replaced by any warm body. Wegher could’ve been our McCaffery. (Sigh)

This board loves it some “what could have been” talk and if we must indulge, I’d say Brandon Wegher is the single biggest FML of the Ferentz tenure. Had he played all four years the trajectory of the program would be significantly higher. For all the “next man in talk” there are some dudes who are simply great and can’t be replaced by any warm body. Wegher could’ve been our McCaffery. (Sigh)
Yeah, our depth at RB sucked for the years following ... and some of the guys we ended up landing were either mediocre themselves OR they didn't stick with the program. If Coker hadn't gotten in trouble ... and if Wegher would have stuck around ... that would have been one heck of a one-two punch!

1000% correct about the 93 squad. Ahh the good old days of white and red checkered endzones! 2nd best team all time was the 96 City team, 3rd was the 94 team. The Mid 90's put Larry Brown and the Little Hawks on the football map! Hope they can make a new round of Glory Days soon.

Yessir. 93 City High had 8 all-state players. Four more were all-state in 94 that weren’t in 93. That’s 12 players on the 93 squad that were among the best in the state. Nobody has ever been that good in Iowa. If so, I’d like to see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT