ADVERTISEMENT

Breyer: It's possible Dobbs could be overruled someday.

It is pretty obvious the leak came from someone on the right and that the extremely right wing court shut down any investigation. You are telling me that if it came from someone on the left this court would just ignore it? Nah no way in hell.

If it's obvious then cite your evidence.

Reactions: ICHerky
I am disgusted about how many of you have unjustifiably lost confidence in every institution.

I think it is a sign of self-disempowerment (“my life sucks because everything is corrupt”).

I am disgusted about how many of you have unjustifiably lost confidence in every institution.

I think it is a sign of self-disempowerment (“my life sucks because everything is corrupt”).
It's totally justified to have zero faith in SCOTUS. All three of Trump pick said they wouldn't touch Roe during their confirmation hearings. All three lied. Also how is it empowering to have rights taken away from you?

Liberals will always cry and scream when they don’t get the decision they want.

Your concern for the negative psychological impacts of disempowerment is noted. I'm more concerned that this Supreme Court has provided the legal basis to disempower women regarding the right to bodily autonomy.

If it's obvious then cite your evidence.
My evidence is my brain. Unlike you I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills and came to the conclusion the obvious reason they haven't investigated is because they knew they wouldn't like what would come of an investigation so they shut it down.

The only reason you haven't come to that conclusion is either a) you aren't able to use your brain and come to this logical conclusion or b) you are too much of a partisan hack to admit this is the logical conclusion. My guess is the answer to that question is actually c) both of the above.

Reactions: mattymoknows
My evidence is my brain. Unlike you I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills and came to the conclusion the obvious reason they haven't investigated is because they knew they wouldn't like what would come of an investigation so they shut it down.

The only reason you haven't come to that conclusion is either a) you aren't able to use your brain and come to this logical conclusion or b) you are too much of a partisan hack to admit this is the logical conclusion. My guess is the answer to that question is actually c) both of the above.

Your brain is not evidence.

The only thing you've illustrated in this thread is that YOU are the "partisan hack".

I think Breier is a lot more “intellectual” and astute than most of the recent Court appointee As to what the real function of the Court is in America today……I agree with his view of “textualism” as the world as viewed in the 18th and 19th century has changed greatly to what the world is now. Yes, it(textualism) can work today (just read the words) but it doesn’t work very well when integrating it into today’s world. Brilliant.

Guess whose fault that is? The biggest liar in US government history...Donald Trump. HE'S THE FVCKING PROBLEM!! So much damage that piece of crap has done in so little time. Add Fox news to this as well.

Your brain is not evidence.

The only thing you've illustrated in this thread is that YOU are the "partisan hack".
Well the chief justice does have control over the investigation. And none of the justices nor their spouses were interviewed. Off the 100 court employees that were interviewed, there was no evidence they were the source. I’d suggest that once the CJ learned the probability that the leak originated from the cloakroom, he terminated the investigation to protect the person.

Guess whose fault that is? The biggest liar in US government history...Donald Trump. HE'S THE FVCKING PROBLEM!! So much damage that piece of crap has done in so little time. Add Fox news to this as well.
I would say this is more true than a lot here would want to admit. “Can’t never did a thing” and that is what Trump, MAGA and FOX are selling. Sadly, America is buying it, too.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Liberals will always cry and scream when they don’t get the decision they want.
Congrats, you're the 1,000th poster to kill irony. You may collect your prize at Mar-A-Lago.
Well the chief justice does have control over the investigation. And none of the justices nor their spouses were interviewed. Off the 100 court employees that were interviewed, there was no evidence they were the source. I’d suggest that once the CJ learned the probability that the leak originated from the cloakroom, he terminated the investigation to protect the person.
If they were serious about finding the leak, they'd have actually invited the FBI to conduct the investigation.

Reactions: Lindemann
Breyer and Kennedy were both great Justices. Any legal scholar can acknowledge their intelligence without having to go down the left / right path

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: abby97
All three of Trump pick said they wouldn't touch Roe during their confirmation hearings.
Also how is it empowering to have rights taken away from you?
I do not recall their exact statements, but I think none of them said that or something like that. Post if you have those statements.

Rights taken away from me that I shouldn’t have (e.g. killing babies) are empowering to us as a people.

I'm more concerned that this Supreme Court has provided the legal basis to disempower women regarding the right to bodily autonomy.
The pro-choice crowd always forgets the other body involved, and that body’s autonomy.

Trump is a POS, but this “all is corrupt, I’ll just sit here and wallow in it” view has been around in a lot of people for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT