ADVERTISEMENT

Bride killed, husband injured in golf cart crash after wedding reception, authorities say

That's absolutely horrible!

But was the golf cart on a street? Is it really possible for a car to hit a golf cart and throw it 100 yards??

074f7ceb-2d23-4bd2-ab8c-df03a2b2dab2_text.gif

Reactions: noleclone2
Wow, unbelievable. That sinking feeling everyone as had at some point x 1,000,000.

I'll never understand why people get behind a wheel that drunk. It should be so hardwired in that it's not an option no matter how obliterated you are.
Alcohol lowers inhibition.

Not a big enough piece of shit to disqualify Kimmy Two Timer as governor I guess.
Thanks for bring politics into this conversation, it is really pertinent. I know your personal and identity and self worth are centered around who you vote for but most of us have other priorities and interests. Keep being you. :rolleyes:

When I see people bombing around our town in golf carts and ATVs I think of the worst case scenario and this is it.

Doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong when the vehicle you are driving is no match for a real car/truck.

Not to mention no seat belts.
Ditto. I am starting to see more and more of those golf carts on the road up here in the DSM metro. I also think it is crazy, for the reasons you state.

That's absolutely horrible!

But was the golf cart on a street? Is it really possible for a car to hit a golf cart and throw it 100 yards??
Yeah, I was wondering the same about the 100 yards detail.

Yeah, I was wondering the same about the 100 yards detail.
Maybe it was on a slope/hill? Maybe that or it was hit from behind and it rolled a bit rather than being "thrown."*

*edited to note the article said it rolled several times, so there must have been a hill or slope.

Thanks for bring politics into this conversation, it is really pertinent. I know your personal and identity and self worth are centered around who you vote for but most of us have other priorities and interests. Keep being you. :rolleyes:

First day on HORT, huh?

Poor wittle abbs. Don't get your feelings hurt any more than they already are precious.

Alcohol lowers inhibition.

Le duh.

The point I'm getting to is there should be no level of lowered inhibition that you get behind the wheel of a car wasted. It's a flaw in that person's compass. Everybody's different I guess. I grew up in a household of zero tolerance for it and have lived most of my life in towns of extremely high enforcement, so maybe it's just baked in a little more. If I grew up in Dunlap where the towny sheriff follows you home from the bar just to make sure you make it home - maybe I'd feel differently.

I wonder if the golf cart had lights. The bitch that was drunk would probably get away with it if the cart was being operated at night illegally. I hope not though.
doubt it. A guy by my home town hit UTV full of young kids and killed them all. they were not legal to operate and the road was not legal for UTVs. Didn't matter.

He was over the limit and went to prison.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Tragic. The worst thing that happened at mine was the bridesmaid having sex behind the 9th green before cake.

No pics.. But you'd want them.

Like your adoption of M1, your definition of “worst” is curious at best. I’d use “best” instead.

Still need pics.

Lol, that's the only reason @HawkinK.C.1 brought it up. Get a clue.

Solid guess. I used to work with a dude that drove drunk and hit/killed someone. I believe he did 4 years before getting released.
Knew a guy convicted of killing someone while driving drunk. Got house arrest and was caught leaving his house. Went to pound-me-in-the-ass prison for 11 years.

• Wow
Reactions: McLovin32
The gal's mom is now saying the marriage was invalid and wants all of the settlement money.

Family feud: Relationship between groom and mother of bride killed in DUI crash devolves into ugly legal battle​

Samantha Miller was killed by an alleged drunk driver on her wedding night. Months later, her mother and groom are battling over her estate.

Family, groom fight over bride's estate

https://www.wcnc.com/video/sports/l...ture/535-a258c57a-c1a0-424f-920b-42c620ac01ce
Author: Hank Lee
Published: 11:11 AM EST December 6, 2023
Updated: 11:11 AM EST December 6, 2023
Facebook
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Months after a Charlotte bride was hit and killed by an alleged drunk driver on her wedding night in Folly Beach, her family is waging a legal battle with the groom over control of her estate.
Samantha Miller died when the golf cart she was riding with her new husband, Aric Hutchinson, was crashed into by a suspected drunk driver.

Click here to sign up for the daily Wake Up Charlotte newsletter
According to a new report from the Post and Courier, Miller's family is contesting the validity of the couple's marriage. The report says the family wants Hutchinson removed as the representative of her estate and they're citing "issues of potential fraud" and conflicts of interest.
Lisa Miller, the mother of Samantha Miller, has reportedly filed a motion to intervene in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Hutchinson on behalf of his wife's estate. The estate is positioned to receive a substantial settlement in the suit, which names numerous bars that are accused of serving the driver beyond the point of intoxication. Hutchinson reached a settlement with three businesses in October. Details of that settlement weren't made public.
One of Hutchinson's attorneys told the Post and Courier that he has been "more than generous" with Miller, offering her half of the money received in the settlement. Miller told the paper she declined the offer partly because it included a provision that would have banned her from speaking about the settlement and accused her son-in-law of "dishonoring her daughter" by going against her wishes.

The gal's mom is now saying the marriage was invalid and wants all of the settlement money.

Family feud: Relationship between groom and mother of bride killed in DUI crash devolves into ugly legal battle​

Samantha Miller was killed by an alleged drunk driver on her wedding night. Months later, her mother and groom are battling over her estate.

Family, groom fight over bride's estate's estate

https://www.wcnc.com/video/sports/l...ture/535-a258c57a-c1a0-424f-920b-42c620ac01ce
Facebook
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Months after a Charlotte bride was hit and killed by an alleged drunk driver on her wedding night in Folly Beach, her family is waging a legal battle with the groom over control of her estate.
Samantha Miller died when the golf cart she was riding with her new husband, Aric Hutchinson, was crashed into by a suspected drunk driver.

According to a new report from the Post and Courier, Miller's family is contesting the validity of the couple's marriage. The report says the family wants Hutchinson removed as the representative of her estate and they're citing "issues of potential fraud" and conflicts of interest.
Lisa Miller, the mother of Samantha Miller, has reportedly filed a motion to intervene in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Hutchinson on behalf of his wife's estate. The estate is positioned to receive a substantial settlement in the suit, which names numerous bars that are accused of serving the driver beyond the point of intoxication. Hutchinson reached a settlement with three businesses in October. Details of that settlement weren't made public.
One of Hutchinson's attorneys told the Post and Courier that he has been "more than generous" with Miller, offering her half of the money received in the settlement. Miller told the paper she declined the offer partly because it included a provision that would have banned her from speaking about the settlement and accused her son-in-law of "dishonoring her daughter" by going against her wishes.

Money truly is the root of all evil.

I

Facebook

wow. You lose your wife on your wedding night and their closest relatives really trying to **** you over. Until death do you part, I guess mom has no qualms parting.

Or possibly before, we did ours before.
Right. Everyone's is different.

Typically a couple goes in a gets the certificate and such. Then they do the ceremony and immediately after, they, the officient, and witness sign everything. Then the first following business day they bring it in and have it certified. Not sure how valid it is if one of them dies before bringing it into the court.

Right. Everyone's is different.

Typically a couple goes in a gets the certificate and such. Then they do the ceremony and immediately after, they, the officient, and witness sign everything. Then the first following business day they bring it in and have it certified. Not sure how valid it is if one of them dies before bringing it into the court.
I guess I don't know that part either, I assumed once the document was signed it was signed. Life a life insurance policy. It isn't about the company's processing time. Good to know.

😉 thanks for posting.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I guess I don't know that part either, I assumed once the document was signed it was signed. Life a life insurance policy. It isn't about the company's processing time. Good to know.

😉 thanks for posting.
We actually lost our certificate after the wedding and found it in a friends trunk. When we finally brought it in the court clerk was like “wtf? I can’t read anything your officiant wrote” so we had to have a new cert issued, mail to my wife’s uncle across the nation to re sign it and send it back. We technically weren’t married our first month of marriage.

Facebook

This is pathetic.

We actually lost our certificate after the wedding and found it in a friends trunk. When we finally brought it in the court clerk was like “wtf? I can’t read anything your officiant wrote” so we had to have a new cert issued, mail to my wife’s uncle across the nation to re sign it and send it back. We technically weren’t married our first month of marriage.
And she still wanted to marry you after that month, whew!

Such a sad situation --- I am so curious what this is supposed to mean "....accused her son-in-law of "dishonoring her daughter" by going against her wishes". I can't come up with anything trying to think about what the BMIL is getting at here in a situation like this.

Absolutely horrible situation. Here’s my question: He was also seriously injured. So he should be entitled to half anyway, correct? Offering his Bride’s Mom the other half is absolutely generous of him.
I just wonder what the State of South Carolina law is regarding right of survivorship is in this instance.

Absolutely horrible situation. Here’s my question: He was also seriously injured. So he should be entitled to half anyway, correct? Offering his Bride’s Mom the other half is absolutely generous of him.
I just wonder what the State of South Carolina law is regarding right of survivorship is in this instance.
I looked it up - if wife had no will and they have no children - husband gets 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT