ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Harding

So you're accusing Brock of allowing Utah's point guard to get a triple double when Brock only played 16.5 minutes of the game, always thought games consisted of 40 minutes. Interesting :rolleyes:Your hatred of Brock is getting old.
it was definitely a team effort... and your maroon colored glasses are fading...

Looking at Fran's failiure to have a really good penetrating, defense-breakdown pt guard I might be for Harding starting at the point next year. Let him continue to grow, let him drive and dish or finish, Dix can be the #2 wing starter and backup pt guard.

If Payton is back he is there to find open shots and assists from Harding etc. Freeman getting lots of assists after harding breaks down the defense.

If Perkins leaves with PMac then that opens up play

Looking at Fran's failiure to have a really good penetrating, defense-breakdown pt guard I might be for Harding starting at the point next year. Let him continue to grow, let him drive and dish or finish, Dix can be the #2 wing starter and backup pt guard.

If Payton is back he is there to find open shots and assists from Harding etc. Freeman getting lots of assists after harding breaks down the defense.

If that's all we've got, we're gonna have to roll with it. Unless there's a giant leap of improvement, we're looking at another NIT run next year.

it was definitely a team effort... and your maroon colored glasses are fading...
I thought we were rooting for the same University of Iowa team. Instead, we're arguing about who Fran has on Iowa's roster. If you can't like the likes of Payton, Dix, and the 4 freshman I can't help you. Yes, Fran played his son way too much, we all agree with that except for Fran. Krikke was a terrible portal get, sorry but it's the truth. Getting Brauns from the portal was a waste too.
Yes, Brock is listed at 6 foot, that's the official Iowa listing, if you feel he doesn't fit your description of a legitimate point guard, that's your opinion.
You and I have no say on how Brock is going to be used in the next 3 years. If Fran thinks that Brock is worthy of becoming the starting point guard for Iowa next year and beyond, let's enjoy
and see how it turns out instead of bitching about whether I or someone else that live in the Quad Cities think of Brock, Owen has sure turned out OK. Heck, we don't know what Fran will get to fill the empty scholarships that could change the entire complexion of the Iowa roster. Enjoy the ride, I know I will. Happy Trails to You!

I thought we were rooting for the same University of Iowa team. Instead, we're arguing about who Fran has on Iowa's roster. If you can't like the likes of Payton, Dix, and the 4 freshman I can't help you. Yes, Fran played his son way too much, we all agree with that except for Fran. Krikke was a terrible portal get, sorry but it's the truth. Getting Brauns from the portal was a waste too.
Yes, Brock is listed at 6 foot, that's the official Iowa listing, if you feel he doesn't fit your description of a legitimate point guard, that's your opinion.
You and I have no say on how Brock is going to be used in the next 3 years. If Fran thinks that Brock is worthy of becoming the starting point guard for Iowa next year and beyond, let's enjoy
and see how it turns out instead of bitching about whether I or someone else that live in the Quad Cities think of Brock, Owen has sure turned out OK. Heck, we don't know what Fran will get to fill the empty scholarships that could change the entire complexion of the Iowa roster. Enjoy the ride, I know I will. Happy Trails to You!
LOL, you're so easy to trigger. Brock is a legitimate BACK UP pg, not a Big10 starter worthy of 30 minutes a game. Every team attacks him on defense. He may get a steal here or there, but that doesn't equate to lock down defender. He can be a disruptor, but not going to make any all defensive teams. Not even 3rd team all defense. We all bitch about the lack of defense from Fran's team, yet you want to play the biggest defensive liability on the team at starter?

We have 3 proven D1 players returning next year (Freeman, Dix & PS) & two freshman who are question marks. Dembele has potential, but he hasn't shown me much yet. The rest of the team is mid major talent. And don't even bring up Mulvey again for F' sake. I blame Fran's recruiting. Now if he can get a stud guard in the portal, we have a shot at the NCAA's next year. NCAA's are guard dominate & we don't stand a chance without good Power 5 guards. Or have you not been paying attention to our first round NCAA games the past years? Brock is not the difference maker. Get over it.

Let me know what time you eat your breakfast tomorrow so I can come pee in your cheerios & start your day off on a good note.

Im Gonna Pee On You Dave Chappelle GIF

LOL, you're so easy to trigger. Brock is a legitimate BACK UP pg, not a Big10 starter worthy of 30 minutes a game. Every team attacks him on defense. He may get a steal here or there, but that doesn't equate to lock down defender. He can be a disruptor, but not going to make any all defensive teams. Not even 3rd team all defense. We all bitch about the lack of defense from Fran's team, yet you want to play the biggest defensive liability on the team at starter?

We have 3 proven D1 players returning next year (Freeman, Dix & PS) & two freshman who are question marks. Dembele has potential, but he hasn't shown me much yet. The rest of the team is mid major talent. And don't even bring up Mulvey again for F' sake. I blame Fran's recruiting. Now if he can get a stud guard in the portal, we have a shot at the NCAA's next year. NCAA's are guard dominate & we don't stand a chance without good Power 5 guards. Or have you not been paying attention to our first round NCAA games the past years? Brock is not the difference maker. Get over it.

Let me know what time you eat your breakfast tomorrow so I can come pee in your cheerios & start your day off on a good note.

I can't change your mind on your opinion of Brock, but Brock can with his play!
It must be hard to be you, that you can't see a good thing when it's in front of your eyes. Again, sorry that Bowen didn't have the fortitude to stick it out and work on his game to get better. He had game that could've helped Iowa but bailed when it was apparent his playing time was not going to be what he wanted. Looking forward to having more conversation with you in the fall, unless you bail on Iowa too.

I like Brock, obviously he did not come in as a 5 star McDonald’s AA, but if can play great defense and dish the rock - those are the most important traits at PG. Shooting well would be nice, but not a deal breaker. I don’t think Dee Brown was that great of shooter until late in his tenure at IL and I want to say some PGs under Izzo were never outstanding shooters as well…😎

Last edited:
Now if he can get a stud guard in the portal, we have a shot at the NCAA's next year. NCAA's are guard dominate & we don't stand a chance without good Power 5 guards.
Definitely agree that we do need a solid or better than solid combo guard in the portal this year. If nothing else, for depth. Whether Fran believes that, or whether Iowa has the NIL funds to snag a stud is open for debate.

Reactions: RocknRollface

Again, sorry to beat on a dead horse, but as much as you post on here it's not helping your anger management. Wish Franisdaman could help me out here and post videos of Brocks 2 layups, his midrange shot and 2 - 3pointers as very few as you say backup point guards could provide while sitting on the bench.
Maybe you need a change of scenery and jump over to the Kentucky basketball board and hear all about how their HOF coach has done wonders over there. He recruits just the 5 star players you crave Fran would recruit and has done such an excellent job of coaching in the NCAA tournament this last few years.

THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkosx
Definitely agree that we do need a solid or better than solid combo guard in the portal this year. If nothing else, for depth. Whether Fran believes that, or whether Iowa has the NIL funds to snag a stud is open for debate.
We all know Frans out there trying to find another shooter.

He can't help himself.

I like Brock, obviously he did not come in as a 5 star McDonald’s AA, but if can play great defense and dish the rock - those are the most important traits at PG. Shooting well would be nice, but not a deal breaker. I don’t think Dee Brown was that great of shooter until late in his tenure at IL and I want to say some PGs under Izzo were never outstanding shooters as well…😎
Brock will never be a great defender. Fran doesn't know how to scheme defensively, so much of this is on him. Brock has quick feet & is capable lof keeping pg's in front of him, but too many times he tries to reach around them & slap the ball from behind. This is horrible defense & needs to stop. Puts the rest of the team out of position covering for this.

Again, sorry to beat on a dead horse, but as much as you post on here it's not helping your anger management. Wish Franisdaman could help me out here and post videos of Brocks 2 layups, his midrange shot and 2 - 3pointers as very few as you say backup point guards could provide while sitting on the bench.
Maybe you need a change of scenery and jump over to the Kentucky basketball board and hear all about how their HOF coach has done wonders over there. He recruits just the 5 star players you crave Fran would recruit and has done such an excellent job of coaching in the NCAA tournament this last few years.

THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE!
He's going to be a good back up. Just like Riley...

With Tony gone, even more need now for Brock to work on the outside shot and get to know the weight room well. He's never going to have much size, but adding more muscle should be a priority for next season.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505

now that we only have 2 guards on the roster (Harding and Dix), I think Brock will have to start (not that it's a bad thing) ;)

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
I love Harding and Dix, but Fran is at a juncture of his coaching career, he has basically 2 guards on the roster right now, if he can bring in 3 guards that are equal or better then Harding and Dix, I'm good with that. Iowa will be in contention next year to get back to the NCAA tournament, if Fran go's for more forwards or just fails in the portal, well it will be a long next year and Fran's last at Iowa. Maybe, most on here should root for Fran to fail in the portal to speed up the process of getting a new coach. I my self would hate to go through a bad season, but....I'm beginning to think the hate of Fran is so deep that even though Iowa could go 25 and 6 next year. the seats in Carver would still not be filled. Sad!

Last edited:
his entire year of highlights in 1:30 or less.... now put together all the times he got burned on defense. Probably twice as much time... right @IllQChawk... lol

Actually, I thought his defense was pretty good. Consistent effort, savvy and fairly effective for freshman with limited size. He still has a lot of work to do and he did that on a team that was not very good on defense.

Brock missed a lot of "bunnies" last year. They are shots that he can polish up on. I think his shooting %n will sky rocket. Hope he is the starter.

Harding is pretty quick and he is active on the defensive end. Whether opposing teams will figure out how to take advantage of his size, as he gets more playing time, will be a deciding factor on whether he gets most of the minutes at PG. He also needs to show that he can consistently hit the 3, when the defender gives him some space.

Actually, I thought his defense was pretty good. Consistent effort, savvy and fairly effective for freshman with limited size. He still has a lot of work to do and he did that on a team that was not very good on defense.
you didn't notice how many times his man would get by him while he would try to slap the ball away from behind? This is the epitome of bad defense. Forces others on the team to rotate & put them in a bad position. A good defender keeps his man in front of him. Brock gambles too much. Yes, he will get an occasional steal, but more often than not this creates a 2 on 1 situation in the lane. This will cause Freeman to cover for him & we know how that worked out, 2+ fouls on our big guy in the first half & sitting on the bench.

Brock lacks some fundamentals that he must clean up to be successful in the Big10. Don't let his flashiness blind you. This is Big10, not YMCA.

Harding is pretty quick and he is active on the defensive end. Whether opposing teams will figure out how to take advantage of his size, as he gets more playing time, will be a deciding factor on whether he gets most of the minutes at PG. He also needs to show that he can consistently hit the 3, when the defender gives him some space.
He has sufficient quickness to match up with most PGs. He'll always be at risk of being posted up.
I think he needs to add some muscle mass; 10 lbs. would help with the banging that he'll take.
As noted, it's the outside shot that needs the most improvement. Being a threat from the perimeter will be critical to his success.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
He has sufficient quickness to match up with most PGs. He'll always be at risk of being posted up.
I think he needs to add some muscle mass; 10 lbs. would help with the banging that he'll take.
As noted, it's the outside shot that needs the most improvement. Being a threat from the perimeter will be critical to his success.
And mid range even though no one likes those shots anymore

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
I have zero doubt Brock will be a much better shooter this year.
Book it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT