ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Purdy is pretty impressive…

He is the beneficiary of having a bunch of weapons around him and a coach that is usually good at scheming to use them. Beathard had fewer weapons and absolutely no blocking when there. I wonder what he could do on that team.

He is the beneficiary of having a bunch of weapons around him and a coach that is usually good at scheming to use them. Beathard had fewer weapons and absolutely no blocking when there. I wonder what he could do on that team.
Come one man. It takes a good qb to lead a team to the Super Bowl. Give credit where credit is due.

The only thing that the 49ers should have done is go for the touchdown instead of kick the field goal to win the game and rely on the D to stop KC.

We’ll never know.

If Brock Purdy was from Arizona State, would you have the same opinion? I actually like to see all the guys with ties to the state of Iowa do well.

We’ll never know.

If Brock Purdy was from Arizona State, would you have the same opinion? I actually like to see all the guys with ties to the state of Iowa do well.
Yes I’d have the same opinion. I’m not bashing him, just laying out the situation he was gifted. Put him on the Bears and tell me he’s a good quarterback. He’s fine in his current situation, but I guarantee you the 49ers aren’t looking at him as a 10 year franchise qb yet. They had Jimmy “made of glass” G as their QB who did pretty good also, when he wasn’t injured. I don’t think they’re going to trade for someone, but I could see them spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick hoping to find someone that can push Purdy.

Yes I’d have the same opinion. I’m not bashing him, just laying out the situation he was gifted. Put him on the Bears and tell me he’s a good quarterback. He’s fine in his current situation, but I guarantee you the 49ers aren’t looking at him as a 10 year franchise qb yet. They had Jimmy “made of glass” G as their QB who did pretty good also, when he wasn’t injured. I don’t think they’re going to trade for someone, but I could see them spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick hoping to find someone that can push Purdy.
In fairness, Mahomes would probably look like an average quarterback on the Bears.

Did you watch the game or any of his games the last 2 years? He extends so many plays with his pocket awareness and that alone puts him on another level of NFL QBs. That seems to be way more important than a lot of physical tangibles. It is like you, and others that call him a “system qb”, think the 49s coaching staff is just starting him to prove a point. Yes he was a cyclone qb and isn’t the most physically gifted, get over it. I promise you if Shanaham thought one of the many higher paid, higher drafted QBs they have had in the system were better, they would be starting.

What? You guys don't like Deacon?

Pro Wrestling Fight GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

I wish Ray Lewis were still around and encountered Partrick Mahomes. It would have been fun to witness.

I was surprised how poised he looked the entire game. No doubt San Francisco has their franchise quarterback. Kudos to him.

What can you say about Patrick Mahomes? He comes through when it matters most. Unbelievable.
Good QB, no doubt, but do you honestly think he's a franchise quarterback?

Purdy had a pretty damn good game - and if they weren't playing a now 3 time SB champion his performance would have been good enough to where his team won. AND, they only lost because they (like many recent teams/years before them) got beat via a Drive For The Ages by a QB who will now be considered one of the all time of all timer QB's in NFL history.

The Chiefs beat Jackson, beat Tua, beat Allen (three so-called franchise quarterbacks) - and now beat Purdy. These 4 went up against arguably the best defense in the NFL this season and go figure - they ALL lost.

Just who could have these 4 teams have had at QB in the current NFL that would have made the difference in these games?

There's Patrick Mahomes - then EVERYBODY else. That's it - that's the list of true, no doubt about it Franchise Quarterbacks in the current NFL.

Meh. He played pretty well. Someone just wanted to post that meme either way.
He wasn't the reason they lost. Shanahan was way too conservative with a lead. He trusted his defense against a QB who is one of the most clutch QB'S to ever play the game. Shanahan just let Mahomes stay in the game and when you do that you're playing with fire.

The Purdy story is so unique. It most situations he never sees the field to have this chance to perform. Lance gets hurt. Jimmy G gets hurt. Purdy made the most out of his opportunity as a 3rd string guy.

I can appreciate the greatness of Patrick but I just don’t like the guy. I was talking about that yesterday and my wife said that’s how some fans feel about Clark in basketball. The intensity and the whining about calls

Depends on one’s definition of a franchise quarterback. I doubt Purdy is a future HOFer. But the kid can no longer be considered “just a game manager.”

Generally speaking, that’s the difference. A quarterback who can go out and execute a game plan with some competency vs. someone you can depend on and build a team around. Jimmy G. is a great example of the former. I think Brock Purdy has proven he is capable of fulfilling the role of the latter.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Purdy is a good story. He is fortunate to be where he is and kudos to him for getting his shot and delivering. I would guess he thanks his lucky stars he wasn't drafted by the Carolina Panthers or other equally horrible team.

He wasn't the reason they lost. Shanahan was way too conservative with a lead. He trusted his defense against a QB who is one of the most clutch QB'S to ever play the game. Shanahan just let Mahomes stay in the game and when you do that you're playing with fire.
When they missed the extra point, I knew they wouldn't win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT