ADVERTISEMENT

Broward County and CV19

SoFla-Hawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
My oldest son's GF (no pics) tested positive after leaving here a week ago. As a result, my son needed to be tested. He was able to make an appointment online for the very next day. 8:00 appointment so he showed up at 7:45. 400+ in line in front of him. He was told having an appointment only meant filling out your paperwork online. Disgusted and unwilling to wait he went looking for another location. He found a drive thru location at the local mall. $75 and 5 hours and 40 minutes later he tested negative. He was #27 when he got in line. There was a shift change when he was on deck to be tested. While he was being tested we spoke with the lab tech/nurse/dude doing the testing about the length of time we had spent waiting. His reply? "The other crew are all positive and not feeling well. That's why they brought me up here from FtL". :oops:

This morning Boy #4 went to get tested. His school (staff/faculty/students) is 50+% positive. We made an appointment last night knowing there is no such thing. Fortunately, he has a buddy whose mom is a city employee and can cut to the front of the line. She is positive and needs a negative test before she can go back. 120+ city employees are currently positive. She is the head of the CSI team. 3/6 are out sick. We arrived at 7:15. They open at 8:00. My son was #2 in line. Meanwhile, the line for poor people was several hundred long and grew exponentially the 60 minutes we were there.

Local news is reporting average wait times between 5 and 8 hours. Desantis needs to pull his head out of his ass and acknowledge the need for additional testing sites. Instead, he is actually telling people not to get tested unless they are symptomatic

My oldest son's GF (no pics) tested positive after leaving here a week ago. As a result, my son needed to be tested. He was able to make an appointment online for the very next day. 8:00 appointment so he showed up at 7:45. 400+ in line in front of him. He was told having an appointment only meant filling out your paperwork online. Disgusted and unwilling to wait he went looking for another location. He found a drive thru location at the local mall. $75 and 5 hours and 40 minutes later he tested negative. He was #27 when he got in line. There was a shift change when he was on deck to be tested. While he was being tested we spoke with the lab tech/nurse/dude doing the testing about the length of time we had spent waiting. His reply? "The other crew are all positive and not feeling well. That's why they brought me up here from FtL". :oops:

This morning Boy #4 went to get tested. His school (staff/faculty/students) is 50+% positive. We made an appointment last night knowing there is no such thing. Fortunately, he has a buddy whose mom is a city employee and can cut to the front of the line. She is positive and needs a negative test before she can go back. 120+ city employees are currently positive. She is the head of the CSI team. 3/6 are out sick. We arrived at 7:15. They open at 8:00. My son was #2 in line. Meanwhile, the line for poor people was several hundred long and grew exponentially the 60 minutes we were there.

Local news is reporting average wait times between 5 and 8 hours. Desantis needs to pull his head out of his ass and acknowledge the need for additional testing sites. Instead, he is actually telling people not to get tested unless they are symptomatic
Makes sense to me. Stay TF home if you think you have been exposed, get tested if you are showing symptoms. Stop overwhelming the healthcare system for nothing.

Makes sense to me. Stay TF home if you think you have been exposed, get tested if you are showing symptoms. Stop overwhelming the healthcare system for nothing.
A lot of people can't go to work/go back to work if exposed without negative tests. How is this so hard to understand?

You can buy a test at Casey's

“Stay TF home if you think you have been exposed”. Surprised you think Desantis should impose mandates. 50+% of his school is CV19+. Do you think he’s been exposed?

A lot of people can't go to work/go back to work if exposed without negative tests. How is this so hard to understand?
That would be true if they advertise their exposure or illness. The CDC now has a different guidance. No symptoms, go back in 5 days and mask up - unless you take a test...

You can stop at any of the pop up sites that are along University Blvd, Broward Blvd…they are everywhere. They are also free. Hell, there is a tent next to the Dunkin Donuts on University…usually has 4 people in line

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
You can stop at any of the pop up sites that are along University Blvd, Broward Blvd…they are everywhere. They are also free. Hell, there is a tent next to the Dunkin Donuts on University…usually has 4 people in line
There is 1 free site and 3 pay sites. And none are next to the DD on University.

Anything on Military Trail? Surely they have testing near one of the Adult places.

No.

It is not.

You can deny this all you want, but no one is being personally charged for a Covid vaccine.

Unlike those who have cited $75 for a "test" in this thread. You go to a vaccine site, you pay nothing.

Now, you can argue over "who is paying Pfizer/Moderna/J&J" all day long, but the simple fact is that no one asking for a Covid vaccine is asked to pay anything out of pocket for it.

None of the tests are "free", either. And some DO require people to fork over $$ for them.

If you have the ability to call in sick for 5 days, then you have no need to test. If you think you might have Covid, call in sick for 5 days, wear a mask for 5 days and you did everything you need to do without testing.

Reactions: Finance85
Pretty much. Im vaccinated and just had it. It was a mild cold for about 4 days

Yeah, this variant is looking to be more mild than delta, and the vast majority of people will be fine. The problem is going to be the potential impact at the population level. The denominator (ie cases) for this wave is going to be WAY higher than at any other point in the pandemic, so even if omicron is only 1/3 of the severity of delta (in regards to hospitalizations), it may actually lead to more total hospitalizations than delta. In addition, the disruption in staffing, schooling, etc is going to be a problem. I guess we are about to see...

Biden failure to order enough tests when offered in October. He promised to shut down the virus.

Biden failure to order enough tests when offered in October. He promised to shut down the virus.
FE-UoBwWUAohbVu

If you WANT him to round up all these unvaccinated holdouts and force-vaccinate them, just say so.

Otherwise, quit trying to blame him for something the rightwing media machine has caused here.

You can deny this all you want, but no one is being personally charged for a Covid vaccine.

Unlike those who have cited $75 for a "test" in this thread. You go to a vaccine site, you pay nothing.

Now, you can argue over "who is paying Pfizer/Moderna/J&J" all day long, but the simple fact is that no one asking for a Covid vaccine is asked to pay anything out of pocket for it.

None of the tests are "free", either. And some DO require people to fork over $$ for them.

So someone is paying for the shots? okay thanks

Dont feel well then you should stay home anyway. Its gonna take a few days to get your results anyway if you do a PCR. The antigens are terrible with omicron. By the time your PCR comes back and you have had symptoms for a day or two you are near 5 days anyway. Besides, we all have a date with it.

Yeah, this variant is looking to be more mild than delta, and the vast majority of people will be fine. The problem is going to be the potential impact at the population level. The denominator (ie cases) for this wave is going to be WAY higher than at any other point in the pandemic, so even if omicron is only 1/3 of the severity of delta (in regards to hospitalizations), it may actually lead to more total hospitalizations than delta. In addition, the disruption in staffing, schooling, etc is going to be a problem. I guess we are about to see...

Give this a couple weeks and we'll be on the downhill side of this episode...

Reactions: Melmacian
Pretty much. Im vaccinated and just had it. It was a mild cold for about 4 days
I’m vaxxed and in good health. It kicked my ass for 3 days, then add another 5 days where it was comparable to a cold, or mild flu. Luckily I wasn’t bad enough to go to the hospital, but there were moments I questioned if I might be heading that direction.

So someone is paying for the shots? okay thanks

Someone is paying for ALL the tests, too.
Whether it is individuals, or the governments.

What is cheaper? 3x vaccine doses per person, or hundreds of millions of redundant tests?

Reactions: 3boysmom
This is what is infuriating, if you have cold like symptoms just stay the **** at home. Stop clogging up ERs and hospitals to get tested for the sniffles. The numbers are doomsday but the results are far from.
People are going to the ER just to get tested for cold like symptoms? I highly doubt that. Im pretty sure everyone knows that they charge you $$$ just to walk in the door and they wouldn’t show up just to get tested.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Give this a couple weeks and we'll be on the downhill side of this episode...

Agreed. No matter what happens this wave will be quick, it just remains to be seen how disruptive it will be in that time frame. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I think the next few weeks will be rough.

People are going to the ER just to get tested for cold like symptoms? I highly doubt that. Im pretty sure everyone knows that they charge you $$$ just to walk in the door and they wouldn’t show up just to get tested.
Yes. Americans are clueless about healthcare. There are hospitals literally giving PSAs to stop doing it.

This is happening everywhere. Testing capacity has been a shit show since day one.

However...why do your kids need to be tested? Do they need to show a negative test to do something?

I understand that there are some people that need a negative test for travel or their job, or they care for an old vulnerable person. But way, way too many people are testing for no actual benefit.

I don't blame them, the messaging has been all over the place and quite crappy on this, and circumstances have certainly changed with Omicron. I don't think it's realistic that testing will do anything to stop the overall spread.

But for a huge number of people a positive test means the exact same thing and before they knew. Stay home if you're sick.

Until they can get testing to where it should be, and I'm not sure they ever will, they should be prioritized for people in health care and who have elder care responsibilities for which it could be very vital.

Trick question, the answer is neither,.. Vaccinated people use testing also.
Not nearly as much, because they're more likely to be asymptomatic, be ill for a shorter period, and shed less virus - which in turn lowers the infection rates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT