ADVERTISEMENT

What a rollercoaster of a day

3boysmom

HR Legend
Dec 21, 2001
Omaha, NE
www.chooseyouradventuretravels.com
We listed our house on the market yesterday with showings to start today. Going into today we had 2 showings for tonight. Woke up and soon had a showing for noon and the other showings rescheduled to tomorrow. The showing apparently went well because they left the house at 1. Our realtor calls at 2:15 with an offer. $5k over asking, waiving inspection, and over 50% down so no appraisal issues. They wanted to close end of May and we were hoping for mid to late June so we negotiated for more money for the inconvenience. We got what we wanted and more so I was super excited.

As we are finishing negotiations I get a call from my middle son’s best friend. He had another major seizure at work. Went from the excitement of the day to one of the worst nightmares. He’s in the ICU, on sedation and a ventilator, not yet responding to commands but is moving extremities when they turn down sedation. Mostly due to agitation. CT scan showed sub arachnoid hemorrhage so they are doing an MRI and MRV. 26 years old and spending his second stay in the neuro ICU. He was on anti seizure medication but stopped taking it about a week or so ago because he didn’t get it filled. I’m guessing he didn’t have the money but didn’t want to ask. Ugh. Anyway, any healing vibes sent his way are appreciated. Really hoping for answers as to why this keeps happening. Tox screen was negative this time if anyone was wondering.
As a side note, it was more than a little concerning that almost no one knew of his history before we told them considering it was just 5 months ago he was at that same hospital. Not because I would expect them to remember him but they have all his records. I guess I thought it’d jump out at them.

We listed our house on the market yesterday with showings to start today. Going into today we had 2 showings for tonight. Woke up and soon had a showing for noon and the other showings rescheduled to tomorrow. The showing apparently went well because they left the house at 1. Our realtor calls at 2:15 with an offer. $5k over asking, waiving inspection, and over 50% down so no appraisal issues. They wanted to close end of May and we were hoping for mid to late June so we negotiated for more money for the inconvenience. We got what we wanted and more so I was super excited.

As we are finishing negotiations I get a call from my middle son’s best friend. He had another major seizure at work. Went from the excitement of the day to one of the worst nightmares. He’s in the ICU, on sedation and a ventilator, not yet responding to commands but is moving extremities when they turn down sedation. Mostly due to agitation. CT scan showed sub arachnoid hemorrhage so they are doing an MRI and MRV. 26 years old and spending his second stay in the neuro ICU. He was on anti seizure medication but stopped taking it about a week or so ago because he didn’t get it filled. I’m guessing he didn’t have the money but didn’t want to ask. Ugh. Anyway, any healing vibes sent his way are appreciated. Really hoping for answers as to why this keeps happening. Tox screen was negative this time if anyone was wondering.
As a side note, it was more than a little concerning that almost no one knew of his history before we told them considering it was just 5 months ago he was at that same hospital. Not because I would expect them to remember him but they have all his records. I guess I thought it’d jump out at them.
Good luck and best wishes, sister.

Prayers for your son and your family!

Wow, good luck with this, that is a lot to navigate. Real gut punch about your son, don't wish that on anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3boysmom
Congratulations on selling home at a solid price and a little extra. You sound like a solid negotiator, you have that business savvy vibe.

But I am very sorry to hear of your son’s issues. Hoping he recovers and finds answers. All the best

So sorry 3boys. I won’t say anything cliche.

Ugh... hugs, love and best wishes for his recovery.

Wow. So that's amazing you got an offer and contract on day one. Where are you moving to?

Hope the friend is going to be ok. Sad there.

Hope your son is improving and the professionals are able to provide some answers. Sending your family healing vibes. You are in my thoughts, take care.

Well, we are on our way home with him. He apparently extubated himself overnight 🤦‍♀️. Then for extra fun removed his catheter. MRI didn’t really reveal anything other than the blood vessels in his brain are small or constricted which may have contributed? He’s getting a referral to the Epilepsy Clinic and scheduled for a repeat CT in 4 weeks. Follow up with neurology in a week.

Well, we are on our way home with him. He apparently extubated himself overnight 🤦‍♀️. Then for extra fun removed his catheter. MRI didn’t really reveal anything other than the blood vessels in his brain are small or constricted which may have contributed? He’s getting a referral to the Epilepsy Clinic and scheduled for a repeat CT in 4 weeks. Follow up with neurology in a week.
Glad he’s coming home and feeling better. Hope you get clarity on cause soon.

Was he on Kepra?

Yes. But he ran out about 2 weeks ago and had a snag at the pharmacy and didn’t follow up on it.
Yikes. My (no pics) daughter had a closed head injury in high school and had to take it for several years. Hope your son is better soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT