ADVERTISEMENT

Bryson DeChambeau

Good point.

I don't know if the old guard is just making excuses but Faldo was talking about how the new equipment, shafts specifically, is allowing for this modern karate move of a golf swing.

Different game, but it's always of course been evolving.

Yeah Faldo wants DeChambeau to use steel shaft irons instead of graphite. More distance control, especially on wedges.

Maybe so. Right now DeChambeau has 6 PGA wins while Oosthuizen has 1. People always talk about how great Oosthuizen's swing is, but he never wins. He's the PGA's version of Antoine Walker.

Well, he's won a major and has finished runner-up at 4 other major events. That's not just dog crap.

When I opened this thread never in my wildest imagination did I think there would be an Antoine Walker reference.

Was trying to think of someone who has a good reputation but is overrated. Nowadays we know how inefficient Walker was. But 15 or so years ago when he shot 6-8 threes a game, people thought he was a good shooter. In reality, he was a chucker who hit 32%, but you would've thought he was a 40% shooter by his reputation. Not sure what present day player to compare him to...Nico Mirotic is no longer in the league but he came to mind.

As Obviously Oblivious pointed out, Oosthuizen is not dog crap. I never said he was. But people love Oosthuizen's swing so much they overlook how little he wins, & how often he has "Finau-like" Sundays.

I just thought it was coming from Natural.
They always do.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Yeah Faldo wants DeChambeau to use steel shaft irons instead of graphite. More distance control, especially on wedges.
Faldo is correct. It’s a distance/ accuracy thingy with steel and graphite. However, wedge players have a gift for the club...practice and technique only go so far. Jim Thorpe once offered $1M to anyone who could teach him “how to hit a wedge”...You ask “Who’s Jim Thorpe?” And I say you have answered the question. Some guys just have the gift.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT