ADVERTISEMENT

BTN - Good Comments on Iowa Spring Practice (Best seen with OSU)

ikesmail

HR All-American
Gold Member
Apr 18, 2005
Chicago
I happen to catch the BTN briefly discuss the Hawkeyes and show some scrimmage video from yesterday.

They suggested that they thought Iowa had one of the best practices they have seen in person with Ohio St. This comment was not in regards to yesterday scrimmage, another practice they attended.

They had some very promising thoughts on Weigers during the practice they saw and even from yesterday he made some very good throws. I like what I see from Weigers and believe the kid will be a good QB.

They mentioned both Nelson's playing well and showed a sack or two from yesterday's scrimmage. It really sounds like Matt Nelson has made great strides and is physically ready to play Down 1 to 3. I really started to see the light bulb go off during the Michigan St. game. If he can hold his ground against the run his height alone with pretty good quickness is going to create issues on the opponents passing game to his side. Not easy to throw around someone that is 6'7.

Of course mentioned our RBs, especially Wadley. Wadley looked good as usual. I saw Snyder filling holes fast and laying the wood along with Taylor. Those guys are going to light people up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News