ADVERTISEMENT

bumpy weather Tuesday

Starting to hear the low rumble thunder here in northern CR so it's coming. Sidewalks got wet on the first wave of the rain, but that was it.

Sounds like the west side of the state is starting to clear and warm up. The Weather Channel has a guy in Des Moines right now and it's clear skies and sunny, so that may help fire up some more storms later today me thinks.

Sounds like the west side of the state is starting to clear and warm up. The Weather Channel has a guy in Des Moines right now and it's clear skies and sunny, so that may help fire up some more storms later today me thinks.
"ME THINKS"????

Sure you're not Joel Jr?

mother nature trying to clean up mount trash city

Lets Fight About It GIF

Sirens going off now.

Reactions: fredjr82
Sirens went off in Pella and we had to take cover in the assigned shelters. Wasn't very long though, maybe 15 minutes. Shortly after 1:30pm.

Stuff in W IA may be right on the low as it plows east. May be best tornado threat. Further south east... Don't know if we'll destabilize enough to get a good round two.

Reactions: Moral
Tornado warning in JoCo. Sirens going off. I’m on my porch like a real Iowayan. Pretty weak sauce so far.
I think that was just a severe t-storm/high wind siren. I have not seen anything about a tornado. That was a pretty strong blast of wind that rolled through on that front. Hopefully it levels the QC and all the haters and doubters there.

Reactions: Hawki97
TWC is following a tornado right now in Henry County moving towards New London. Spotter/chaser on the ground following it.

I think that was just a severe t-storm/high wind siren. I have not seen anything about a tornado. That was a pretty strong blast of wind that rolled through on that front. Hopefully it levels the QC and all the haters and doubters there.

Hmmm, I got a tornado warning alert on my phone until 4:45pm at almost the exact same time as the sirens going off so just assumed it was the same thing. I’m not an expert on how phone alerts vs. sirens are connected though.

Meh...nothing special here in CR. Both lines dropped all too brief heavy rainfall, then flew on through.

I guess I should be happy we got some rain, but (so far) we didn't really get all that much considering the forecast.

Sigh...

Mean(er) tornado. Southern end of the line is doing it. In general when you're looking at a line it's best to get to the south end for best tornado potentially, usually air isn't as worked over and other storms aren't shitting on it.

This one was able to ingest some nice surface parameters. (more juice in SE out of Iowa ahead of the low)

I sampled the tornado warning near Mt Vernon but it was obvious junk.

Would have thought about going south today if it was better terrain.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
One round of heavy rain in NL, then another an hour later. Radar indicated tornado near Morse. Some pea size hail. A little drink of water basically.

Tornado warned storm headed right for the quad cities. Don't think his it has anything down on the ground currently, but watch out. Area of interest for rotation has a good chance of heading through the area.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT