ADVERTISEMENT

Cade, mic'd up

1. Staying positive: Definitely an upgrade over Spencer. Gets the ball out quick and looks confident.

2. Staying Negative: Dear lord during any 7 on 7 or facing the defense every, single, pass, was the Brian Ferentz special of a 4 or 7 yard out route. I watched it again and almost every pass was an out route. Looks like we can continue to get those 4 yard passes on 3rd and 5 .
That being said this will be an automatic upgrade for the offense. Yes I know this was a 2 minute snippet of what they are doing. But I'm not convinced a BF can move the ball until I see it in person.

1. Staying positive: Definitely an upgrade over Spencer. Gets the ball out quick and looks confident.

2. Staying Negative: Dear lord during any 7 on 7 or facing the defense every, single, pass, was the Brian Ferentz special of a 4 or 7 yard out route. I watched it again and almost every pass was an out route. Looks like we can continue to get those 4 yard passes on 3rd and 5 .
That being said this will be an automatic upgrade for the offense. Yes I know this was a 2 minute snippet of what they are doing. But I'm not convinced a BF can move the ball until I see it in person.
last year bf had what 1-2 difference makers. with reasonable talent bf will more than just move the ball. imo

last year bf had what one difference maker. with reasonable talent bf will more than just move the ball. imo
You can only move the ball so much with FB dives, slow moving stretch plays with a below average offensive line, and 4 yard out routes. I will be glad to eat crow if BF opens up the offense this year.

If Iowa can have even a "Below average" offense instead of a historically bad offense they will probably win the West.

Also short clip, but more fodder to the Vines looking good chatter. Very much rooting for him to be healthy and strong this year!!

If Vines can break out, Nico bring the steady/consistency, and any combo of the new guys being a threat and we’ll have a really well rounded threat at all skill positions (TE, RB, and WR) with a confident, proven QB. With an improved OL, I’m pretty optimistic the offense will be solid.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again AND I’m far from the only one….

You can blame Brian Ferentz for being Kirks son. You can blame Brian Ferentz for putting together one of the worst offensive lines in history. You can blame Brian Ferentz for having absolutely horseshit quarterbacks last year and you can blame Brian Ferentz for basically having an inept offense

But I for one am not at all convinced he is a poor play caller. In fact, I think he’s a decent play caller. It’s the organization & identification, &/or coaching, of the O in its entirety that I have problems with.

PS…. If I had a dollar for every football team I’ve seen throw under the sticks in college and The NFL over an entire season I would have a hefty, hefty amount of money.

anchorman-ron.gif

Checkout the end of the video, which is excellent btw. Crisp, efficient route running and delivering the ball on time, yes, I know it's practice and 7 v 7 most of time but you can see the diff already. Both in the huddle, on sideline, locker room, etc, it's moxy and it's coming to IC!
Very end of video, look at Black #94 and Mr. Incredible (#95 Graves), yikes for opposing OL, those dudes are stout!

Hope to see Hill run a few QB sneaks. Dude is massive.... :D
Indeed he is.

Interesting that I don’t think Joe Labas appears in any of these clips. The QBs who we see are:

12 McNamara
10 Deacon Hill
11 Marco Lainez
19 Tommy Poholsky

Also interesting that Lainez is now wearing #11. He had been listed at #3 when the roster was first updated. (Kaleb Brown is also #3, which would have meant Lainez and Brown could never have been on the field at the same time.)

It’s also cool to see a Poholsky on the field at quarterback again.

A lot to like about this kid. Iowa fans will end up absolutely loving Cade.

To me, he's clearly a winner, competitor, and leader with a great work ethic.

You have to remember that Michigan people credit Cade and Hutchinson for rebuilding their winning culture.

Run. The. Ball.
Why is it you finish your post with Run. The. Ball. ?

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Gents - McNamara is going to be a gamer…. Been a while since we had one at the QB position. Awesome leader, will create and make throws when they are needed and most importantly when the game is on the line. Can’t wait to see it play out. So jacked about this season. If O-line has improved and can give him some time and create some running lanes - we are going to dominate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT