ADVERTISEMENT

Cadet Freestyle Trials

Good win for Jesuroga over Perry.

As a wrestling fan, gotta admit it's pretty cool to see an Olympian(Taylor) in the corner coaching these young guys

Tate N. nearly gives up the last second td. Hangs on to win 5-3.

Block lost on the front to a guy he beat last week in kind of a wild one. Was down a couple and in on a shot and got head pinched to death, tweeked his knee during the action. The Bobzien kid he lost to seems like one of those freestyle guru types, dangerous to expose at any time.

Reactions: Gobblin
Block lost on the front to a guy he beat last week in kind of a wild one. Was down a couple and in on a shot and got head pinched to death, tweeked his knee during the action. The Bobzien kid he lost to seems like one of those freestyle guru types, dangerous to expose at any time.

He won Greco.

Bobzien is an electric factory. Threw kids for 5 all weekend at the duals in PA. Actually, was involved in a little controversy because on one of his fives a clueless officials called it a slam lol. His coach refused to leave the mat until the head official intervened and explained that you can in fact do that in freestyle.

Reactions: Gobblin
Interesting thing I noticed after watching is that Kueter is stylistically very similar to Murin of all people on his feet. Left leg lead. Left hand over collar is their base tie. They'll usually go to an inside tie with their right hand and pull hard to move their opponent and then post on their over collar side to a left hand single/low double where they catch the far foot or hit a shrug and wrestle out of that. Foot work is very similar overall. Some really good stuff.

He has some unorthodox upper body stuff on top of that. His length is really something. I hope he can hold 197, but I'm skeptical.

Interesting thing I noticed after watching is that Kueter is stylistically very similar to Murin of all people on his feet. Left leg lead. Left hand over collar is their base tie. They'll usually go to an inside tie with their right hand and pull hard to move their opponent and then post on their over collar side to a left hand single/low double where they catch the far foot or hit a shrug and wrestle out of that. Foot work is very similar overall. Some really good stuff.

He has some unorthodox upper body stuff on top of that. His length is really something. I hope he can hold 197, but I'm skeptical.
I'm not even considering that he holds 197 as big as he has gotten in 1 years time and as tall as he is. I think he ends up a 250 pound heavy by the time 2 more HS seasons and a redshirt go by. Just in time to take over for Cass .

I'm not even considering that he holds 197 as big as he has gotten in 1 years time and as tall as he is. I think he ends up a 250 pound heavy by the time 2 more HS seasons and a redshirt go by. Just in time to take over for Cass .
It'll be interesting to see how his style develops as he grows.

Reactions: MVPFAN

All one has to do is look at his dad. He has to be at least 6.5’ -6.6’ maybe bigger. Looks like a monster among the typical wrestling crowd lol. Will definitely be a heavy in college.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gobblin and MVPFAN
No saying yes or no either way, but there are 70-80 man brackets this weekend in Va Beach. A lot of east coast kids are there wrestling folkestyle instead of traveling to Wisconsin.

After a year of no cadet/junior UWW or Fargo, this is going to be a springboard for kids in the rankings and to get noticed...even more so because of that year gap. For example, I have seen a crapload of Mason Gibson matches this year because the kid wrestles everywhere...complete stud. But Cael Hughes from Okie, who I had never heard of, took him out today.

Nothing against the NHSCA, folkstyle, or Virginia but if you are an elite Cadet aged kid, why wouldn't you want to be on a world team?

After a year of no cadet/junior UWW or Fargo, this is going to be a springboard for kids in the rankings and to get noticed...even more so because of that year gap. For example, I have seen a crapload of Mason Gibson matches this year because the kid wrestles everywhere...complete stud. But Cael Hughes from Okie, who I had never heard of, took him out today.

Nothing against the NHSCA, folkstyle, or Virginia but if you are an elite Cadet aged kid, why wouldn't you want to be on a world team?

I have never understood why they don’t coordinate better and not have such big events compete so often.

No saying yes or no either way, but there are 70-80 man brackets this weekend in Va Beach. A lot of east coast kids are there wrestling folkestyle instead of traveling to Wisconsin.
I’m sure there are some kids there that would make a difference at the world team trials.

Even so, these Iowa kids doing well will pay dividends for them long term. This performance should get them into some OTC camps and other training environments.

Reactions: el dub
I’m sure there are some kids there that would make a difference at the world team trials.

Even so, these Iowa kids doing well will pay dividends for them long term. This performance should get them into some OTC camps and other training environments.
No doubt!!!

Tate and Kueter both lost tough ones. Tates's style is a bit more geared to folk to me so pretty impressed with how he is doing. Kueter has the leg up and didn't score in the second and then scored right at the end on a roll through but they waved it off in review saying time was up.

Tate and Kueter both lost tough ones. Tates's style is a bit more geared to folk to me so pretty impressed with how he is doing. Kueter has the leg up and didn't score in the second and then scored right at the end on a roll through but they waved it off in review saying time was up.
Hagarty and Kueter wrestling each other for third. TNaak drops down to 5th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT