ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark and Angel Reese as co-Athletes of the year for 2023

Also if Reese wasn’t the “name “ player on LSU she wouldn’t have been the mvp of the finals! The only reason she won that was because of her asinine “can’t see me move “ and pointing to her ring finger! It wasn’t her basketball but ESPN chose to run with that which is very sad. Also I can’t even imagine what CC would have to do to get benched and if she was us Hawk fans would lose their minds but didn’t see much outrage from LSU fans over sitting Barbie.

Reactions: NI hawk
Imagine if you will if Angel had fake boobs equal to those fake eye lashes.
I think she’s doing ok with that.
si2023_angel_reese_05_0690_c_wmweb.jpg

It's easy to get double-doubles when you're allowed to rebound in a manner that can best be described as a 5 yr old throwing a flailing tantrum in a crowded elevator........................

I caught some of their games last year towards the end of the regular season and at the beginning of the tournament (which is far more than most any of you have watched anyone not named Iowa), and saw the way she rebounded and was getting praised for her tenacity and aggressiveness on the broadcast, and I was just like, ".......you f***ing kidding me with this sh**?

..................this *points finger* you see this is why people don't take women playing basketball seriously.........*still pointing finger*................this is why".

And I said this before they were even a potential opponent for Iowa, so suffice it to say, absolutely nothing about the championship game surprised me.
Bump for accuracy

I’d never even heard of Reese until the hand wagging. Next thing you know she becomes a social media star because of that.

A co-winner decision is pretty sad .. the fact these two players and human beings aren’t even on the same level … Clark is a generational talent and exceptional student and person off the court … Reese is not very smart … and in 5-10 years people will be asking … ‘what ever happened to …’

Reactions: Franisdaman
Look at the numbers! Look at the big-picture of the women's game! No comparison. There are only two reason's why Clark has to share this award- 1) is that Reese plays in the SEC and you can ask Dawn Staley for the second reason! The regrettable state of our politics today!
Look at the numbers! Look at the big-picture of the women's game! No comparison. There are only two reason's why Clark has to share this award- 1) is that Reese plays in the SEC and you can ask Dawn Staley for the second reason! The regrettable state of our politics today!
State of politics today, huh? I guess you’re saying that since our Hawks lost you’re going to pout, claim we didn’t lose, go beat up some cops, and try to change the scoreboard? Maybe Vlad can pay off refs for you this spring?

Also if Reese wasn’t the “name “ player on LSU she wouldn’t have been the mvp of the finals! The only reason she won that was because of her asinine “can’t see me move “ and pointing to her ring finger! It wasn’t her basketball but ESPN chose to run with that which is very sad. Also I can’t even imagine what CC would have to do to get benched and if she was us Hawk fans would lose their minds but didn’t see much outrage from LSU fans over sitting Barbie.
ESPN is a cesspool and the home of pickle ball ;)

You seem to be unaware of Megan’s achievements. [Among her many other records], she had 33 double doubles her senior season (tied for the most ever), 88 for her career (4th most) and averaged a double double for her career. Here is her Iowa bio and stats that list these and her many other achievements…
Note also that she was 1 for 2 for her career on 3 pointers.
😎
Outstanding, and thanks for adding that. I was not aware, and yet I believe Reese did that last year as well, and yet we have fans on here saying she's the most over rated player in the country. Really? I mean I can despise her, and still give her the credit she does deserve as a player.....

Reactions: cyberhawk
They also forgot her antics in the regional finals. Drawing a ring on her finger with a sharpie, she wasn’t the first Player on the team with one.

if there was no Caitlin Clark or Iowa in the championship, she would be about as famous as every other women's player that came before her. She isn't on the level of Lobo, Bird, Tuarasi, Parker, Maya Moore, Grier, Stewart, or Boston.

She got shined up because of Clark. If they beat South Carolina in the finals she isn't sharing or winning this award. That's a fact.

One was Today Show famous before the title game. One wasn't until after.
Perhaps, but Reese makes $1 million more a year on the NIL than Clark. Reese also has 5 million social media followers to Clarks 1 million followers.

I think she’s doing ok with that.
si2023_angel_reese_05_0690_c_wmweb.jpg
Honestly, nah. She has a nice body but her face does nothing for me aesthetically speaking. I did have a thing for Candice Parker many years ago. I don't know if others would agree with me and I don't care anyway. I always thought she was pretty cute.

Of course, when you want to talk about a gorgeous basketball player, that could absolutely have a career in modeling, look no further than one of our own right here in Iowa City!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT