ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark left off the Olympic team

Also tops in the league in turnovers.
Man, you are rolling out the WNBA talking points. You sure you don't work for the W?

She's actually played more total minutes than anyone in the league at this point in the year with as many games as the WNBA stupidly decided to schedule this early in the year. As mentioned before, and as anyone with eyes can see, she's being blitzed and double-teamed at historic rates. Of course she's going to turn it over wiht the ball in her hands. Terrible officiating, cheap fouls and teammates with hooks for hands aren't helping those numbers either.

Amazing i have to write these things

Man, you are rolling out the WNBA talking points.
No; I'm pointing out the area of CCs game she needs to shore up.

She has been turning the ball over a lot, and that has probably cost her team a couple Ws so far.
5.6 TOs/game.

Next highest among guards is 3.9

She has been turning the ball over a lot, and that has probably cost her team a couple Ws so far.
5.6 TOs/game.

So you think her play doesn't warrant being on the team. Got it. Why does Taurasi, Griner and Page deserve it than? I'd also take CC over Plum 10 out of 10 times. Clark would lead the league in assists if her teammates didn't airball wide open shots. Imagine her with a player like A'sa? Come on.

Reactions: steelhawkeye
Clark and Ogunbowale over Griner and Gray is so obvious. Literally everyone wins. I hate that their stupidity bothers me so much

Reactions: Tenacious E

5.6 TOs/game.

I don’t feel like you actually watch the games. She is not perfect and makes some bad decisions, BUT… She is at max usage with fumblef$ck teammates who can’t catch or convert passes, attempting to make the most difficult plays to win while being guarded harder then anyone in the league. Her “turnovers” are high because of that.

I don’t feel like you actually watch the games. She is not perfect and makes some bad decisions, BUT… She is at max usage with fumblef$ck teammates who can’t catch or convert passes, attempting to make the most difficult plays to win while being guarded harder then anyone in the league. Her “turnovers” are high because of that.
It's very clear he doesn't watch the games

Nice call SL, her exact approach.
Really liked how she handles herself in front of the media

She is so polished speaking contemporaneously in front of a camera. Had plenty of practice of course. I think her intelligence, demeanor, and (I’m just guessing) some tutoring on how to handle interviews has really paid off.

Just my opinion, but Clark’s commanding presence when you put a microphone in front of her is a decent portion of the explanation for her popularity.

And her play in her first games is on par with "good" WNBA players, but not the top tier ones. Yet.

Your buddy wants to tout the 30 pts she just put up in the last game, and ignore the 3 pts she put up in the game prior to that. That was the first WNBA game she has been a dominant force - the majority of their other games, she has been good, but not great (yet).
However, you’re apparently failing to see, or acknowledge, the extra amount of defensive pressure/attention that Clark is receiving in the WNBA…compared to other “normal” rookies. Combine that with the weaker team she is on, and Clark’s play/poise have actually been quite remarkable.

She is so polished speaking contemporaneously in front of a camera. Had plenty of practice of course. I think her intelligence, demeanor, and (I’m just guessing) some tutoring on how to handle interviews has really paid off.

Just my opinion, but Clark’s commanding presence when you put a microphone in front of her is a decent portion of the explanation for her popularity.
I have to reply to myself to add that….
However skilled Clark is at handling the media….
Her coach is equally unskilled. My god, she’s an idiot.

Stephen A Smith rips Team USA Women’s Basketball (again)

With numbers!

“Apart from just hitting 4 of 20 shots from beyond the arc, another aspect of the game that came out later was a shocker. Team USA's matchup against Japan only brought in 13,040 fans to the Pierre Mauroy Stadium in Lille. Surprisingly, this number was 8000 below average for the team. It was also the lowest number out of all six opening games in the Paris Olympics.

Smith said, "You know she had the potential. You know playing amongst stars, her marksmanship, she could have made big things happen. With her passing abilities, she could've made things happen. Then, she would have drawn excitement and eyeballs and people world over would have been watching her. Which would have assisted in the elevation of the WNBA brand which would have benefited everybody. But you didn't care."

However, you’re apparently failing to see, or acknowledge, the extra amount of defensive pressure/attention that Clark is receiving in the WNBA

The Team USA guards in Olympic competition are seeing as good or better defenses and double-teams.

Clark had not figured those out in her first 10-15 WNBA games, and constantly 'quit playing' whenever she got hard contact and the ball stolen from her. Not gonna play out well in the Olympics w/ that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT