ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark's Endorsements: Nike ($28M Shoe Deal), State Farm, Gatorade, Wilson, Gainbridge, Hy-Vee, Panini Trading Cards, Comcast, Bose, ShootAWay

Just Jimmy Butler, Reggie Miller, Jake from State Farm and Caitlin doing a State Farm commercial....

F65bbNmW0AAku8V

F65bbNnXgAAeY1J

F65bbNoWQAAFX_z

Swarm Inc line this up, Fran? ;)

I think companies are calling Caitlin/her parents/her business manager directly. ;)

What deals am I missing?

Company sponsorships:
1. Nike
2. State Farm
3. H & R Block
4. Topps Trading Cards
5. Hy-Vee
6. Bose
7. The Vinyl Shop (her first deal, in Aug 2021)
8. Buick (ahead of the 2023 NCAA Tournament)
9. Goldman Sachs (a commercial was released during 2023 NCAA Tournament)
10. Shoot-A-Way (basketball shooting machine company)

Appearance Fees?
1. 2023 John Deere Classic (played golf w/ Zach Johnson)
2. Caitlin Clark Night at Iowa Cubs, June 2023 (she signed autographs)

Other:
1. 2023 Caitlin Clark Summer Basketball Camp

Here's a story from March 27, 2023, discussing her deals:

Goldman Sachs?? Sheesh. How did I miss that? Does anyone have a link / recall anymore about that? Seems to be the only one that flew under my radar.

Again I rly don’t know what to tell you. Bluder has said she might take another PG for 2024. That was a public statement. Then Aaliyah Guyton put us in her final 5.

Do you think Guyton isn’t in touch with Bluder and just announced that without any indication as to whether there is still mutual interest? That seems unlikely to me.

Look at the number of scholarships — it’s basic math. Again someone could transfer out and it may not matter if Bluder doesn’t sign another 2024 recruit. I believe Bluder and Clark are very transparent about the 5th year, I don’t think anyone is blundering anything or springing new info on anyone.

This whole situation was hypothetical bc OP said “someone will pony up to pay for Clark’s fifth year” and my point was that didn’t make any sense bc a) at this point it’s not necessary bc we have a spot for her and b) even if someone else took that spot, I’m highly doubtful Clark could become a walk on, due to that NCAA policy about who can become a walk-on (which you can google).

The number of people on this board who dispute facts (which have already been discussed exhaustively) is astounding and aggravating,
This. You can post actual facts on here and someone will still come on and try to dispute them. Crazy place......

This. You can post actual facts on here and someone will still come on and try to dispute them. Crazy place......
Nobody outside of the Jones family/coaches knows what the status of Ava is. With a highly rated 6'4 post coming in, we are likely to loose one of the 3 JR's that play the 5. I could see one of the older guards moving if they don't see playing time this year. I'm sure the coaches are having talks with the players about this stuff.

Nobody outside of the Jones family/coaches knows what the status of Ava is. With a highly rated 6'4 post coming in, we are likely to loose one of the 3 JR's that play the 5. I could see one of the older guards moving if they don't see playing time this year. I'm sure the coaches are having talks with the players about this stuff.
Which has nothing to do with my comment agreeing with shikreto about the fact that Clark can not come back as a walk on. Once you've taken an official visit, (which she did) and been on scholly, you can't then come back as a walk on. Thats what I was referring too. You can imagine the roster manipulation that would be going on at some school, especially now with NIL money, if you let that happen

I think 2 of Gyamfi, Edigar and Goodman will become primary reserves at the 4 and 5 this year. I would not be surprised if the 3rd woman up txfrs (my guess is Edigar and I would not blame her or anyone else one bit if they’re in this position). I believe that is our highest risk. If they’re 3rd at best at the depth chart this year, it’s unlikely to change in ‘23-‘24.

The guards / SFs will have reason to stick around since Martin, Marshall, Davis and potentially Clark will all move on. Feuerbach, Affolter, Gyamfi, McCabe will all be ready for quality minutes.

Which has nothing to do with my comment agreeing with shikreto about the fact that Clark can not come back as a walk on. Once you've taken an official visit, (which she did) and been on scholly, you can't then come back as a walk on.

I suppose if I’m playing devil’s advocate, it’s possible CC22 didn’t take an OV. Isn’t the only thing that makes a visit “official” is that the school pays for travel and lodging? It’s not crazy to think that they just drove down and back one day. Didn’t Callie Levin only just do her “official visit” and she’s only from Solon? (Could be wrong there). There may be other things that make an OV distinct that I’m unaware of (please enlighten me). It’s also possible that someone else on the team didn’t take an OV and so they could bounce down to “walk-on” status for a year. These are all just such random, highly specific things to bet on and I find no value in assuming it’s a likelihood.

imagine the money CC is making....

I’m sure she is doing fine but I don’t think she’s making the ridiculous sums some (clickbait) websites are saying. It’s like googling a celebrity’s net worth — they’re all over the place and usually not based on any actual data. It you look at what actual ads go for for college athletes, it doesn’t add up to the million dollar headlines I’ve seen. I’m sure she has six figures in the bank but I am not convinced anyone is paying her enough to be making 6 or 7 figures annually. Yet anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you go walk-on there are some benefits that you loose access to. I dont know specifics, and I had heard the the arguments in the context of one of Frans kids walking on. I just dont know if we can expect to see a major star go the walkon route in college. If you want to chase titles just transfer to uconn/LSU/SC

I think if you go walk-on there are some benefits that you loose access to. I dont know specifics, and I had heard the the arguments in the context of one of Frans kids walking on. I just dont know if we can expect to see a major star go the walkon route in college. If you want to chase titles just transfer to uconn/LSU/SC
Maybe I'm incorrect, BUT I believe the deal is that a "walk on" can NOT take any visit which is paid for by the University. So even if you had been on scholly and then walked on, I believe you would then have violated the "no University paid benefits" clause for walk ons. And YES Clark took officials to Iowa, ISU, and Notre Dame I believe where she supposedly originally committed before rethinking. Maybe her parents paid her way to the two Iowa schools, but I doubt it. She was a top 5 recruit in that class. I know people bring up the Doug Mcdermott deal where he gave up his scholly the last year at Creighton so they could sign another player and walked on at Creighton where his dad Greg the coach paid the 30-40K to attend his last year. Under the scenario we discussed, he was originally committed to UNI, (where he probably did an official) but then when Greg left ISU for Creighton he was released from his ride and he transferred to be with Dad, and I'm sure he did not take an "official visit" there, so the walk on move would not apply.

I’m sure she is doing fine but I don’t think she’s making the ridiculous sums some (clickbait) websites are saying. It’s like googling a celebrity’s net worth — they’re all over the place and usually not based on any actual data. It you look at what actual ads go for for college athletes, it doesn’t add up to the million dollar headlines I’ve seen. I’m sure she has six figures in the bank but I am not convinced anyone is paying her enough to be making 6 or 7 figures annually. Yet anyway.

I think she's doing more than just "fine." ;) And I think Nike, State Farm, Hy-Vee, etc are paying her "enough." How much? It's only a guess. Nevertheless, her 2023 gross income has to be at least $500,000 and probably near (slightly over?) $1,000,000. And to think none of the deals that she has that follow used to be legal when it came to NCAA eligibility.

Company sponsorships:
1. Nike
2. State Farm
3. H & R Block
4. Topps Trading Cards
5. Hy-Vee
6. Bose
7. The Vinyl Shop (her first deal, in Aug 2021)
8. Buick (ahead of the 2023 NCAA Tournament)
9. Goldman Sachs (a commercial was released during 2023 NCAA Tournament)
10. Shoot-A-Way (basketball shooting machine company)

Appearance Fees?
1. 2023 John Deere Classic (played golf w/ Zach Johnson)
2. Caitlin Clark Night at Iowa Cubs, June 2023 (she signed autographs)

Other:
1. 2023 Caitlin Clark Summer Basketball Camp

I think she's doing more than just "fine." ;) And I think Nike, State Farm, Hy-Vee, etc are paying her "enough." How much? It's only a guess. Nevertheless, her 2023 gross income has to be at least $500,000 and probably near (slightly over?) $1,000,000. And to think none of the deals that she has that follow used to be legal when it came to NCAA eligibility.
I don’t think Nike or anyone else is paying her or many other kids $100k for a spot or Instagram ad. That’s a lot of money for, tbh, a young amateur female athlete. I think I read that the average going rate for a student athlete (including men) seems to be $10k. I knew a YouTube star in ~2017 who got paid very well for deals and made about $40k per spot. A million just seems overblown.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT