ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark's Endorsements: Nike ($28M Shoe Deal), State Farm, Gatorade, Wilson, Gainbridge, Hy-Vee, Panini Trading Cards, Comcast, Bose, ShootAWay

And ESPN doesn't carry any B1G games anymore....
Yes, that WAS my point. If they're no longer airing B1G games which they ate NOT, why send that hot air balloon Steven A Smith to cover Clark? I guess they feel the need to get whatever coverage in they can of the brightest star in college basketball, knowing they will be relegated to highlight clips of CC's performances going forward.

I'm sure ESPN has some of Iowa's preseason games, and they know Iowa's going all the way to the Final Four again. Still quite a few Iowa games to cover.

Yes, that WAS my point. If they're no longer airing B1G games which they ate NOT, why send that hot air balloon Steven A Smith to cover Clark? I guess they feel the need to get whatever coverage in they can of the brightest star in college basketball, knowing they will be relegated to highlight clips of CC's performances going forward.
Yes but ESPN still does the NCAA tournament for womens, so its still a no brainer to try to drive ratings even during regular seaso despite them not being rewarded much from it. As it could eventually lead to better viewership in March as well.

I'm sure ESPN has some of Iowa's preseason games, and they know Iowa's going all the way to the Final Four again. Still quite a few Iowa games to cover.

Possible ESPN games:
Thur Nov 9 vs Virginia Tech (at Charlotte NC)
Wed Dec 6 at Iowa State

Jeff from the Gazette has Iowa #3 in the nation.

Last edited:

College basketball's Most Marketable Players​

By Myron Metcalf
ESPN Staff Writer
Aug 25, 2022

1. Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
2. Hanna & Haley Cavinder, Miami
3. Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky

4. Caitlin Clark, Iowa Hawkeyes

The Big Ten women's basketball player of the year is an automatic bucket no matter where she is on the floor, which is why she has attracted praise from the likes of Steph Curry and Kevin Durant. The major brands have noticed, too. The junior currently has deals with tax preparation company H&R Block, trading card company Topps and supermarket chain Hy-Vee, all contributing to a reported seven-figure income off NIL.

5. Hailey Van Lith, Louisville
6. Shaqir O'Neal, Texas Southern
7. Amari Bailey, UCLA
8. Azzi Fudd, UCONN
9. Sedona Prince, Oregon
10. Drew Timme, Gonzaga

The full story:

What? There must be a mistake. Where's Angel Reese? She said Caitlin and her are making young girls more interested in women's sports.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Caitlin's deals:

Company sponsorships:
1. Nike
2. State Farm
3. H & R Block
4. Topps Trading Cards
5. Hy-Vee
6. Bose
7. The Vinyl Shop (her first deal, in Aug 2021)
8. Buick (ahead of the 2023 NCAA Tournament)
9. Goldman Sachs (a commercial was released during 2023 NCAA Tournament)
10. Shoot-A-Way (basketball shooting machine company)

Appearance Fees?
1. 2023 John Deere Classic (played golf w/ Zach Johnson)
2. Caitlin Clark Night at Iowa Cubs, June 2023 (she signed autographs)

Other:
1. 2023 Caitlin Clark Summer Basketball Camp

Yes but ESPN still does the NCAA tournament for womens, so its still a no brainer to try to drive ratings even during regular seaso despite them not being rewarded much from it. As it could eventually lead to better viewership in March as well.

Yeah, Steven A Smith says he will be back in Iowa City. We'll see.

Note that TylerL_28 took your post in this thread, pasted it in the State Farm thread and then replied to you. What a troll; I can't believe he hasn't been banned yet. cc: @RossWB

Selfishly..I'm hoping Iowa/Clark can be the beneficiaries of some favorable officiating this winter when necessary.

You know...the KC Chiefs of women's basketball.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I’m just as amazed by Caitlin’s maturity and time management skills as I am by her basketball skills. I can’t imagine going to school full time, playing D I basketball, AND dealing with all the sponsors/NIL, and scheduling meet and greets etc. Obviously she has help dealing with the NIL opportunities and meet and greets, but it’s still incredibly impressive to me. All the attention she’s getting would be enough to go to anyone else’s head & really up the pressure to where mentally they struggled to perform. Not to mention the added drama she’s had to deal with from some jealous SEC opponents, what can’t this girl do? She doesn’t appear cocky to me like some athletes get when this kind of attention comes their way, just very confident which is her norm.

I was a little worried about how it would all affect her last March when you saw her in commercials and her schedule was tight between stuff like that, awards, and preparing for opponents. She obviously handled it with flying colors. Caitlin is like a modern day superwoman. I sincerely believe she’s the Michael Jordan (IMO the GOAT) of women’s basketball. How in the world did we (Iowa) get lucky enough to have her on our team? And let’s be real, I’m sure there have been many programs this past spring that have tried to poach her from us but she’s stayed true to Bluder and Iowa. I’m just soaking up every minute we have of her in a Hawkeye uniform right now.

I know Bluder has said something similar to this but who could have imagined women’s NCAA basketball would be brought to these heights? The enthusiasm and popularity injected into the sport this year was not something I saw coming even a few years ago. And our team, our NPOTY is IMO the main reason for this. It almost feels like a dream. But it’s not, it’s Iowa and Caitlin Clark!

I’m just as amazed by Caitlin’s maturity and time management skills as I am by her basketball skills. I can’t imagine going to school full time, playing D I basketball, AND dealing with all the sponsors/NIL, and scheduling meet and greets etc. Obviously she has help dealing with the NIL opportunities and meet and greets, but it’s still incredibly impressive to me. All the attention she’s getting would be enough to go to anyone else’s head & really up the pressure to where mentally they struggled to perform. Not to mention the added drama she’s had to deal with from some jealous SEC opponents, what can’t this girl do? She doesn’t appear cocky to me like some athletes get when this kind of attention comes their way, just very confident which is her norm.

I was a little worried about how it would all affect her last March when you saw her in commercials and her schedule was tight between stuff like that, awards, and preparing for opponents. She obviously handled it with flying colors. Caitlin is like a modern day superwoman. I sincerely believe she’s the Michael Jordan (IMO the GOAT) of women’s basketball. How in the world did we (Iowa) get lucky enough to have her on our team? And let’s be real, I’m sure there have been many programs this past spring that have tried to poach her from us but she’s stayed true to Bluder and Iowa. I’m just soaking up every minute we have of her in a Hawkeye uniform right now.

I know Bluder has said something similar to this but who could have imagined women’s NCAA basketball would be brought to these heights? The enthusiasm and popularity injected into the sport this year was not something I saw coming even a few years ago. And our team, our NPOTY is IMO the main reason for this. It almost feels like a dream. But it’s not, it’s Iowa and Caitlin Clark!
If you've seen the piece on Clark called "Her" Tom cited how Lisa and Jan followed Clark all the way to China when she was playing on the elite 17under national team. I think that may have been a real key to how blown away Clark was about choosing Iowa.

If you've seen the piece on Clark called "Her" Tom cited how Lisa and Jan followed Clark all the way to China when she was playing on the elite 17under national team. I think that may have been a real key to how blown away Clark was about choosing Iowa.
Have not seen that but will definitely find it and watch! Thanks!

Have not seen that but will definitely find it and watch! Thanks!

KC, I think this is the video.

CC is an accounting major, too.

And an Academic All American.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Caitlin Clark is a marketing major. Here's her LinkedIn profile indicating such plus I read that in another article I can't locate at the moment...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/caitlin...cIfnPDwAAAYsmN5eqSj7fxChOpMPwSq4ltR_LvYrhWnJS

This Facebook post from March 7, 2022 (19 months ago) was from the Iowa Women's Basketball account. The message with the video was this: "Everyone wish the B1G Tournament MVP good luck on her Managerial Accounting exam today."

I could have sworn she once was an accounting major (not just taking accounting courses); maybe not. Maybe she was and switched majors to marketing. Switching majors happens a lot, of course. I am not going to make a big deal about it, unlike our resident troll, Tylerl_28.

Link to that Facebook post:

And here's the related video:

This Facebook post from March 7, 2022 (19 months ago) was from the Iowa Women's Basketball account. The message with the video was this: "Everyone wish the B1G Tournament MVP good luck on her Managerial Accounting exam today."

I could have sworn she once was an accounting major (not just taking accounting courses); maybe not. Maybe she was and switched majors to marketing. Switching majors happens a lot, of course. I am not going to make a big deal about it, unlike our resident troll, Tylerl_28.

Link to that Facebook post:

And here's the related video:

That only means she was taking a Managerial Accounting class (one of my favorite Accounting classes I ever took I might add, but then again I’m a nerd).

I had plenty of Marketing and other business majors in my preliminary Accounting classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT