ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Fens Unofficially Visited the Weekend of Oct 17, 2021. Class of 2022, 6'10" Center

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
We have one opening for the 2022 class.

FB3CIRIWEAEqLfj

FB3CIRAXoAIwuZj

FB3CIRHX0AsPPUY

Reactions: Torg and mstp1992
Is something funny here Sir?

I think it's the terminology. Unofficially visited isn't the same as an unofficial visit. Unofficially almost needs to be in air quotes, "unoffically", like it was a secret visit.

Is something funny here Sir?
I think it's the terminology. Unofficially visited isn't the same as an unofficial visit. Unofficially almost needs to be in air quotes, "unoffically", like it was a secret visit.

Yeah, nothing really "funny" about him taking a visit to Iowa this weekend. The only thing funny is how a Legendary troll occasionally shows up here offering nothing to the discussion.

As you can see in the original post, Cameron wrote in his tweet he was on an unofficial visit, which means he/his parents paid their own way. If he were on an official visit, Iowa pays the bills.

Unless he is a late bloomer, probably a walk-on opportunity. Iowa is pretty deep with young big men and, with Freeman on board for the following year and the portal, there shouldn't be any sense of desperation.
Probably a good bet. IF Keagan Murray and Filip Rebraca have NBA worthy seasons then an extra big man in the fold for 2022-23 would be a good idea.

See the link to Tom's story below.

As you can see:

* Iowa started their recruitment of Fens about a month ago

* Iowa coaches went a couple times (Fran, the 2nd time) to watch him practice.

* Iowa is his dream school

* During his visit, Fran gave him tips on how to continue to improve his recruitment.

* Right now Iowa is not offering a scholarship, but they will be continuing to recruit him and watch him this season. and see where things stand in the spring.

LINK: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/in-state-big-man-on-iowa-s-radar

See the link to Tom's story below.

As you can see:

* Iowa started their recruitment of Fens about a month ago

* Iowa coaches went a couple times (Fran, the 2nd time) to watch him practice.

* Iowa is his dream school

* During his visit, Fran gave him tips on how to continue to improve his recruitment.

* Right now Iowa is not offering a scholarship, but they will be continuing to recruit him and watch him this season. and see where things stand in the spring.

LINK: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/in-state-big-man-on-iowa-s-radar
Looks like he's really starting to fill out, going from 6'9" 215 now listed at 6'11" 250 lbs. It'll be interesting to see him perform this season. He's the only player on Hempstead (as far as I know) who's taller the 6'3".

I don't want to speak for the legendary Legend, but in my mind when you see the kid decked out in the Iowa uni and several "basketball" pictures taken, it looks like more than an "unofficial visit."

That said, I hope we have told the kid we are keeping our eyes on him and don't make a committable offer. He has one other Div. II school looking at him. No offense to Mr. Fens but we should be at the point that we aren't recruiting kids as projects. I would rather keep looking for a wing scorer or eat the scholly unless McCaffery definitely sees something very positive in this kid.

I don't want to speak for the legendary Legend, but in my mind when you see the kid decked out in the Iowa uni and several "basketball" pictures taken, it looks like more than an "unofficial visit."

That said, I hope we have told the kid we are keeping our eyes on him and don't make a committable offer. He has one other Div. II school looking at him. No offense to Mr. Fens but we should be at the point that we aren't recruiting kids as projects. I would rather keep looking for a wing scorer or eat the scholly unless McCaffery definitely sees something very positive in this kid.

Unofficial visit simply means he/his parents paid their own way.

Be sure to read this article. As you can see, Iowa is not offering a scholarship, but they will be continuing to recruit him and watch him this season. and see where things stand in the spring.

LINK to Article: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/in-state-big-man-on-iowa-s-radar

My business partner’s son was just in an official to Iowa as well as many other schools and they all do this. Throw a uniform on him, take pics, take a few with the fam, and use it as marketing. Whether they plan on offering or not has no bearing on that.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
Interest in Fens seems a little surprising, given the number of bigs, Josh O, Mulvey, and the commitment by Freeman for 2023. I never hear anything about Josh O, except he is getting in better shape. That is great, but does the ongoing recruitment of big men reflect a disappointment in his basketball skills, which we never hear about. He obviously is big and strong, but I haven't seen anything else in his limited minutes. Anyone know more?

did you read this article?

it pretty much spells it out

LINK to Article: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/in-state-big-man-on-iowa-s-radar

Reactions: mstp1992
Hoping to get some updates on the several other basketball visitors. There were quite a few that have not been mentioned.
Had not heard that. Guess I just missed it. Could you reveal names for the uninformed like me please? Thanks

Xavier Booker
Matas Buzelis
Boden Kapke

I believe these 3 guys were in attendance along with Pryce Sandfort, Parker Freidrichson, and Cam Fens.

That's a pretty big group and it would be nice to get some updates!

Xavier Booker
Matas Buzelis
Boden Kapke

I believe these 3 guys were in attendance along with Pryce Sandfort, Parker Freidrichson, and Cam Fens.

That's a pretty big group and it would be nice to get some updates!

I saw a piece on additional visitors but it didn't contain any substance. It just said they were reportedly visiting and who had offered them.

Pryce got an offer, and is being courted by the likes of Gonzaga (at least at this juncture).

Boden Kapke looks a little like he came from the tall side of the oompa loompa family tree:

louswqlnjytws7qmp3yz
00f5e9780b3b2333a6170f049ad75db9.jpg
Why in the world would you make fun of a recruit’s appearance? How does that help? Please post a picture of yourself so we can pick you apart!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT