ADVERTISEMENT

Can any of our 47 new LBs Punt?

I would have think you could have an open tryout on campus and have someone who can perform better than the options currently on the roster.

Iowa was better off going for it on 4th, or having their QB punt it than they were bringing in an actual Punter last year

Reactions: hexumhawk
If we have to have a rule about how family members of the head coach can't directly report to him, we should also have one about how we can never, ever, ever allow anyone with the same last name as the head of the Board of Regents to be on the team.

O7_kYB.gif

Gersonde punted in three games a total of 13 times for an average of 42.5. If healthy, he will be fine.

You can post this till your fingers fall off but most our fanbase does not realize Gersonde was out injured. They think it was the same guy punting since they are both left footed.

Reactions: rainydayhawk
I hope Gersonde is the answer. But, if not, I bet there are other options. Besides his tight end abilities, Marv Cook was a great punter, maybe his son could see the field at Punter. And, many years ago, Ohio State had a very good Punter who was also their starting QB, Tom Tupa. Stanley has done well with his quick punts, maybe he would do even better in formation. That would add another level of mystery on 4th Down.

You can post this till your fingers fall off but most our fanbase does not realize Gersonde was out injured. They think it was the same guy punting since they are both left footed.

Do you know what the injury was? I get the feeling the coaches are not worried about punting because of him.

I hope Gersonde is the answer. But, if not, I bet there are other options. Besides his tight end abilities, Marv Cook was a great punter, maybe his son could see the field at Punter. And, many years ago, Ohio State had a very good Punter who was also their starting QB, Tom Tupa. Stanley has done well with his quick punts, maybe he would do even better in formation. That would add another level of mystery on 4th Down.

I vaguely remember Marv kicking off, did he also do some punting?

Its a brand new scheme. Everyone is a linebacker and everyone shifts one position after every play. Will confuse the hell out of them.

Reactions: hawkandroll
The typical LB build is one that can move into many different positions. Some will become FB's, some could end up on the line, never rule out possible TE, and then needed depth at LB itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT