ADVERTISEMENT

Can Biden perform and can Trump be boring? Key questions ahead of high-stakes presidential debate

I disagree that Biden is under any threat of being removed from the ballot.

But the rest you are right. . . Biden just needs to look like he's there mentally and physically to score the win. Trump isn't going to suddenly change his entire personality.
One would think that after the SOTU Biden would have proven this, not to mention multiple other speeches and appearances. Instead here we are with this same conversation. Biden has to prove over and over and over again that he’s competent…against a felon who shows every single day he’s not fit for the position. A guy who doesn’t have to prove anything to Republican voters. Never ending crazytown here!

Can you let us know the lies being told by Fox News? I haven't watched since Colmes left. I mostly see Fox News stuff when the liberals post it here.
787 million. JFC. Read Al Franken’s book. Maybe watch Laura, Sean, Jessie sometime. Nonstop lying. Or pay attention to the clips of them. Hell Jessie’s mom told him on air to knock it off.

Or…how much time ya got?

We all know the usual suspects here will just claim Biden is “on drugs” or some such other cockamamie horseshit.

Wonder who the CNN moderators are pulling for? CNN most likely sent the Biden campaign the questions for him and Trump ahead of time for Joe to prepare.

@SA_Hawk already making excuses for his boy DJT and why he'll lose the debate. LOL! All they talk about is how slow Biden is and yet they're already making excuses or coming up with BS on why DJT can't beat Slow Joe on Thursday.

Son Eric is now claiming that father Don will not only be debating Biden, but also the "never Trump" CNN moderators Danna Bash and Jake Tapper. This after both campaigns agreed to every detail of the debate. Sounds like the Trump campaign is already greasing the skids if Donnie lays a proverbial egg Thursday night.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
@SA_Hawk already making excuses for his boy DJT and why he'll lose the debate. LOL! All they talk about is how slow Biden is and yet they're already making excuses or coming up with BS on why DJT can't beat Slow Joe on Thursday.
My point is it’s going to be 3v1 with the Democrats cheating at debate and cheating at the election.

What if Trump wins in spite of all this corruption? Biden probably comes out on the afternoon of July 5th and retires from the race and not seek reelection due to health issues but most likely from pressure applied by the DNC.

Son Eric is now claiming that father Don will not only be debating Biden, but also the "never Trump" CNN moderators Danna Bash and Jake Tapper. This after both campaigns agreed to every detail of the debate. Sounds like the Trump campaign is already greasing the skids if Donnie lays a proverbial egg Thursday night.
Do you think the moderators will be objective and not show bias? I don't think anyone involved in this debate expects that.

I think CNN and the Biden campaign understood they'd have a decided advantage in terms of bias from moderators, and I think Trump thinks the debate is a net gain for him regardless.

While they all agreed, we shouldn't interpret that as equal footing/lack of bias.

Do you think the moderators will be objective and not show bias? I don't think anyone involved in this debate expects that.

I think CNN and the Biden campaign understood they'd have a decided advantage in terms of bias from moderators, and I think Trump thinks the debate is a net gain for him regardless.

While they all agreed, we shouldn't interpret that as equal footing/lack of bias.
Lol

Well if your definition of bias is them pointing out the former POTUS lies and other assorted bullshit, then yeah, I guess they’ll be biased against the Grand Liar of the Republic.

Well if your definition of bias is them pointing out the former POTUS lies and other assorted bullshit, then yeah, I guess they’ll be biased against the Grand Liar of the Republic.
No question trump is reckless with his words, but you know exactly what I mean. Pay attention to who gets real time fact checked and who doesn't. Pay attention to the questions asked if each candidate (just take the question, classify it as a positive, negative, or neutral question, then not who was asked it. Total it up at the end). Who was put on the defensive more? Who was given the opportunity to play offense more by the moderators?

I'm willing to bet all of these elements will favor Biden, and I don't think it's a big secret either... Except on HROT I guess.

It's funny watching you Rs pout that Trump might actually have to debate policy

Biden’s seeming low bar for success has been created, at least in part, by the 78-year-old Trump and his Republican allies, who have relentlessly mocked the Democratic president for apparent stumbles connected to his age for years. Trump’s allies have questioned whether Biden can even stay awake and stand up for the entire 90 minutes.

This is a really interesting point. If Biden simply shows up and acts sharp and focused, will that be considered a victory? And does that mean the GOP have shot themselves in the foot?

I fully expect Biden to be well rested and well prepared.

I also expect Trump to behave like an ass, show that he didn't prepare and continue talking even when his mic is cut off.

It will be a reminder to independents why they voted for Biden in 2020. It will also be a reminder that we are stuck with 2 very poor choices.

Biden is going to win in November; there's no question about. Trump is simply unfit for the job. Biden is the only other choice.

Look at these guys. Even they know that Trump and the Trump Republican party are full of shit and so they're going to yell "bias" when Trump gets called out on his lies and bullshit.

Go watch a Trump rally, it's basically all fantasy and lies. It's not bias to call him out on that if he brings the same crap to the debate.

This is also more of the fascist mindset. They must not be corrected, if they are it's "bias".

No question trump is reckless with his words, but you know exactly what I mean. Pay attention to who gets real time fact checked and who doesn't. Pay attention to the questions asked if each candidate (just take the question, classify it as a positive, negative, or neutral question, then not who was asked it. Total it up at the end). Who was put on the defensive more? Who was given the opportunity to play offense more by the moderators?

I'm willing to bet all of these elements will favor Biden, and I don't think it's a big secret either... Except on HROT I guess.
Honest question - should both candidates get called out when they say something that isn't true? 2nd question - which candidate has the longer track record of saying things that aren't true?

Reactions: FlickShagwell

You guys are unbelievable.

Team Biden stole Trumps lunch money on the debate set up.

Master move by team Biden.

Trump agreed to the debates immediately, crying about it now is pathetic. Should have negotiated the terms before accepting.

Mr. "master of the deal" got taken to the cleaners on this one.

One would think that after the SOTU Biden would have proven this, not to mention multiple other speeches and appearances. Instead here we are with this same conversation. Biden has to prove over and over and over again that he’s competent…against a felon who shows every single day he’s not fit for the position. A guy who doesn’t have to prove anything to Republican voters. Never ending crazytown here!
This debate will settle any doubt about his cognitive abilities. If he does good then it's a win for him if he does bad well who knows...

If a candidate says something that’s clearly false, they should be corrected on the spot.

Not sure why that’s considered being unfair or biased.

Not by the moderator,.. There is no guarantee that the moderator has a correct understanding of true vs false,.. If the candidates disagree, they should take it upon themselves to argue the point and state their position,.. Time will prove them right or wrong.

Funny how the MAGAs are already surrendering ahead of the debate. Looks like Trump is too?
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Why wouldn't a moderator be able to call out blatant lies? It's like you're admitting that Trump will do this but you don't want him to get busted for it.

The moderators are unable to accurately identify the lies,.. Chris Wallace says hi.

My point is it’s going to be 3v1 with the Democrats cheating at debate and cheating at the election.

What if Trump wins in spite of all this corruption? Biden probably comes out on the afternoon of July 5th and retires from the race and not seek reelection due to health issues but most likely from pressure applied by the DNC.
When Biden has a good showing=win for the USA.
Biden has a bad showing and gets replaced=win for the USA. No way TOC gains anything. Any uninformed fence riders will see how big of a jackass he is and vote for Joe.

According to whom?

Do the journalists work for us or the politicians? Have you seen debates before?

This might be more bizarre than the claim that if Biden makes a salient point he’s “on drugs.”
Part of the reason we’re in the spot we are with trump is that journalists have failed in their duty to hold him accountable when he says things that are patently false.

Heck, if they’re that concerned the moderator might be incorrect, have someone there to be the on-site fact checker.

If they show any bias it will be because TOC will not directly answer the questions. He will go off on some rant and then when reigned in by moderators his numpties will see it as bias….

Part of the reason we’re in the spot we are with trump is that journalists have failed in their duty to hold him accountable when he says things that are patently false.

Heck, if they’re that concerned the moderator might be incorrect, have someone there to be the on-site fact checker.

That's what the post debate review is for,.. During the debate itself, corrections to comments made should come from the opposing candidate...

Whose previous actions warrant defending themselves more Biden’s or TOC’s. 91 felonies or 4 years of gradual improvement on things?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT