ADVERTISEMENT

Can the Reaganites on here explain how we can give out all these tax cuts without adding to the debt

And therein lies the biggest economic problem confronting us,.... Congress has become so dysfunctional that they can only pass spending bills. And once these bills are passed they can only fund them with borrowed money,... This can't go on forever.
Get rid of them (Congress) - period. They should never be there for life - I know it (currently) takes voters to vote them out. Enforcing term limits, forces them out.

I understand it.

Cons will never cut military costs. Trump wants to increase that. Building walls costs lots of money ... where is that coming from?

Btw, a 5% decrease across the board still leaves us with a pretty big deficit. I realize you said start there but there would still be lots to cut yet even at that point.

For the SS cuts, do you reduce elderly people's monthly payments? How do you think that would go over?

I do appreciate your response. First con that has ever attempted to answer that for me.

Well, like I said I would cut everything, (mainly because it would eliminate the bitching.)

a. Yes, the military gets cut along with everyone else.
b. The wall gets put on hold as there are less expensive ways to solve this problem anyway.
c. Yes Social Security payments would get cut. How would this go over? You might be surprised. When the cuts affect everybody, who do you complain to?

Honest question: What do you cut? You need to cut a little over 1 trillion dollars.

Start talking Nut.
Clean up improper payments (this would bring back large sums of money). Cut CRP. Oust the state departments culinary program (get Hy-Vee catering instead - for example).

Which is why we should focus on paying for those spending bills. We know a D congress can deliver that level of fiscal sanity.
LOL - so caught up on partisan stuff - they (D's and R's) don't give a rats ass about you and I, they are there simply to appease the voters and turn around and pay the pipers.

Reactions: Hock-I
Clean up improper payments (this would bring back large sums of money). Cut CRP. Oust the state departments culinary program (get Hy-Vee catering instead - for example).
None of that moves the needle much. Nice try though.

Hint: It involves SS, military, and healthcare. Try again.

Reactions: naturalmwa
So I'm guessing all the deficit hawk lefties in this thread support a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution? It's laughable that the only time they worry about deficits is when someone proposes letting people keep a little more of their own money instead of taxing the bejeebers out of them.

I took out debt to buy a house, but I didn't quit my job just because debt is okay.

Reactions: cigaretteman
a. Yes, the military gets cut along with everyone else.
Cons would never go for this. They are ego driven men who need big toys to show off.

b. The wall gets put on hold as there are less expensive ways to solve this problem anyway.

Funny when I and other libs mentioned that, we were laughed at. Good to see you are coming around to how foolish that really is at this point. Trump supporters be like "Build that wall!"

I 100% agree with you on that though.

c. Yes Social Security payments would get cut. How would this go over? You might be surprised. When the cuts affect everybody, who do you complain to?

Well, whichever party is in charge when that happens, they can say goodbye to the next couple elections. Grandma and Grandpa typically vote R. Do you really think the cons are going to cut this? Be honest with me on this.

Which brings me to the point of all this: Cons aren't really fiscally conservative at all. Would you agree with that statement?

Reactions: cigaretteman
Which is why we should focus on paying for those spending bills. We know a D congress can deliver that level of fiscal sanity.

I'm actually fine with that. Let's put the Dems in and raise taxes to a level that can sustain our current spending. At this point I think that might be the only way that we wake the population up to the fact that we can't afford everything we are trying to do,... Pretty drastic solution though,... Dems would get tossed out and Cons would be back in with a mandate to cut everything to the bone.

Spoken like a true fascist, take the power from the people do you can control the government better.
How is that taking power from the people? The POTUS has term limits!!

Unless you are happy with lifers being there, doing nothing for the people.

Oh you must be one of the ones that likes oppression and division. Gotcha.

Cons would never go for this. They are ego driven men who need big toys to show off.

Funny when I and other libs mentioned that, we were laughed at. Good to see you are coming around to how foolish that really is at this point. Trump supporters be like "Build that wall!"

I 100% agree with you on that though.

Well, whichever party is in charge when that happens, they can say goodbye to the next couple elections. Grandma and Grandpa typically vote R. Do you really think the cons are going to cut this? Be honest with me on this.

Which brings me to the point of all this: Cons aren't really fiscally conservative at all. Would you agree with that statement?
You can't cut the military money...our POTUS wants a parade on the 4th of July like the Russians have on May Day...and NK has on their daddy's birthday!

You're not serious. You are saving peanuts.
2 million for 1 intern at the Office of the CIO.
2.1billion for CRP.
115.3 billion in improper payments (that we know of).
1.7 billion in maintanenance (on UNUSED buildings).
Billions annually on overlapping goals or duplicative services found by the GAO in 34 areas!
Over 100 economic dev programs in 5 agencies in DOT alone.

Let me guess - you don't think that counts.

I'm actually fine with that. Let's put the Dems in and raise taxes to a level that can sustain our current spending. At this point I think that might be the only way that we wake the population up to the fact that we can't afford everything we are trying to do,... Pretty drastic solution though,... Dems would get tossed out and Cons would be back in with a mandate to cut everything to the bone.
The first part would happen, Ds would get tossed, but Rs aren't going to cut. Rs never cut the budget. Considering our deficit is about $600 billion, we can certainly afford to raise those funds with little hardship.

Reactions: srams21
Or cut spending and live within your means...

2 million for 1 intern at the Office of the CIO.
2.1billion for CRP.
115.3 billion in improper payments (that we know of).
1.7 billion in maintanenance (on UNUSED buildings).
Billions annually on overlapping goals or duplicative services found by the GAO in 34 areas!
Over 100 economic dev programs in 5 agencies in DOT alone.

Let me guess - you don't think that counts.
If we accept you are correct, what are at? $200 billion? That's not even half way there. But I don't accept your facts.

Reactions: srams21

No,... But only because no group as a whole can be described that simply,... Many Cons are fiscally conservative, many are not. Just like many Liberals are fiscally irresponsible, while many are not.

How is that taking power from the people? The POTUS has term limits!!

Unless you are happy with lifers being there, doing nothing for the people.

Oh you must be one of the ones that likes oppression and division. Gotcha.
Term limits of all kind tack power from the people. They also increase power for corporations and lobbyists. That's exactly what a fascist wants.

Term limits of all kind tack power from the people. They also increase power for corporations and lobbyists. That's exactly what a fascist wants.
How has leaving lifers in politics worked out so far for ya? You seem to bitch alot about it.

Communists and dictators want to be in power forever - sounds like what you want.

Or cut spending and live within your means...
For the final f'n time, what would you cut? Stop being a coward and realistically answer the damn question Nut!

total_spending_pie%2C__2015_enacted.png

I get the growth claim. But I've also heard Republicans claiming that the tax cuts will be offset by eliminating deductions. How is that even possible? And if so, wouldn't this mean that on net, there were no tax cuts?
This is a good question. You discovered the Republican Shell Game. This way they can dictate who pays higher taxes.

Here you go lil unbeliever - go ahead and find your way through it - of course you won't admit to being wrong, liars and Dems (kind of one in the same) never do. YOu will just deflect.

http://www.businessinsider.com/easy...-in-the-department-of-transportation-alone-10
Saying I don't accept your facts isn't a lie, that's the truth. Now I'm saying I don't accept the Heritage Foundation's facts, and that's also the truth. Just as its the truth that your republican government doesn't accept them and hasn't acted on them.

How has leaving lifers in politics worked out so far for ya? You seem to bitch alot about it.

Communists and dictators want to be in power forever - sounds like what you want.
You're not very adept with the insults, you should leave that to me.

You're not very adept with the insults, you should leave that to me.
Insults are the only thing that you and your liberals friend know when presented with facts. "Leaving" them to you would mean you are accepting me as your superior. I'll take it - thanks, no run along lil' Nat.

Insults are the only thing that you and your liberals friend know when presented with facts. "Leaving" them to you would mean you are accepting me as your superior. I'll take it - thanks, no run along lil' Nat.
See what I mean? Your insults read like a tantrum.

So I'm guessing all the deficit hawk lefties in this thread support a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution? It's laughable that the only time they worry about deficits is when someone proposes letting people keep a little more of their own money instead of taxing the bejeebers out of them.

A balanced budget amendment would have been a disaster in 2008-2009.

Here's a fact. This is one of your guys with Reagan experience.

“This is fool’s gold that you’ll cut taxes, everybody will work harder, more money will come and you’ll erase the fiscal impact,” said Steve Bell, who was a Republican staff director of the Senate Budget Committee from 1981 to 1986. “It never happens.”

Here's a fact. This is one of your guys with Reagan experience.

“This is fool’s gold that you’ll cut taxes, everybody will work harder, more money will come and you’ll erase the fiscal impact,” said Steve Bell, who was a Republican staff director of the Senate Budget Committee from 1981 to 1986. “It never happens.”
That applies to both parties - neither side gives a rats ass about the people because they were put in office to be puppets for the corps. If you think D's or R's got your 6, you are in a sad place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT