ADVERTISEMENT

Can we beat Nebraska after beating Minnesota?

Well, there was the home loss to Western Michigan with bowl eligibility in the line. We’ve certainly done it before, but I wouldn’t say it’s any kind of trend.
Yep. 2007. The fall I tore up my knee. That loss just added to my pain. But, that was 15 years ago. Ancient history.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Well, there was the home loss to Western Michigan with bowl eligibility in the line. We’ve certainly done it before, but I wouldn’t say it’s any kind of trend.
I believe we lost at Minnesota in '90 last game of the year when we controlled our our Rose Bowl destiny, then had to wait for someone else's help to go to the Rose Bowl...

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I believe we lost at Minnesota in '90 last game of the year when we controlled our our Rose Bowl destiny, then had to wait for someone else's help to go to the Rose Bowl...
Iowa wrapped up the Rose Bowl in the second quarter of the Minnesota game...after Michigan beat OSU. Losing to Minnesota did cost them an outright title.

Nebraska has been running a Petras level offense since Thompson went down. I think they have scored 1 TD in the past 10 quarters. Doubt they win without him.

If Thompson comes back, I think it would be more of a 50/50 game.

You’re acting like he’s some long time coach that’s getting a raw deal. He’s an interim coach on an awful team that is getting their asses handed to them week after week. They’re not going to a bowl and he’s not getting the job. Very doubtful they will have much fight in them. I could be wrong. Guess we will see.
No, I'm not. You are reading things into my post that aren't there. I'm just saying I don't think the players will quit or not give 100%.

They like Mickey. He probably won't get the job. That doesn't mean the players won't play hard for him.

No, I'm not. You are reading things into my post that aren't there. I'm just saying I don't think the players will quit or not give 100%.

They like Mickey. He probably won't get the job. That doesn't mean the players won't play hard for him

Results lately don’t look like there playing to hard for him. Looks to be another disaster of a year for the Huskers. They’ll be 3-8 heading into a cold meaningless game for them. Guess we’ll agree to disagree.

You’re acting like he’s some long time coach that’s getting a raw deal. He’s an interim coach on an awful team that is getting their asses handed to them week after week. They’re not going to a bowl and he’s not getting the job. Very doubtful they will have much fight in them. I could be wrong. Guess we will see.
I agree he’s not getting the job at this point. But I wouldn’t say they are getting their asses handed to them week after week. Since he took over, and excluding the Oklahoma game because frankly that’s not fair to include - they won their first two games, lost two one-score games to Minnesota and Purdue, lost by 17 to Illinois and 31 to Michigan. Yeah the Mich game was one sided but we can’t exactly talk (OSU).

Point being, they are one score away from being 4-2 under him - and as much as many fans want to believe that game will be a gimme for us, I just don’t think we can/should bank on that.

• Haha
Reactions: D_Lovin_HawkeyeGuy
Off the top of my head I can think of several times that Iowa entered the last game of the season with a lot on the line and we won every one of them. It’s actually hard to think of any times we didn’t win.

Now if you want to argue we have let teams like Northwestern/Purdue/ISU be a thorn in our side over the years when we had a lot more talent than them, that is a point I think we all would agree with…
Didn’t win against Western Michigan last game of the season few years ago.

Iowa has beaten Nebby 7 games in a row now, and they are crap this year.

Iowa has beaten Minnesota 7 games in a row. Their coach has never beaten Iowa.
We were saying the same things with ISU and Matt Campbell.

Our offense is so bad these streaks are going to be very difficult to extend.

• Wow
Reactions: D_Lovin_HawkeyeGuy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT