ADVERTISEMENT

Canzeri is a 4th Quarter Beast

sloehawk

HB Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Thought I'd throw out a little love to Jordan Canzeri. That guy is one tough, shifty SOB! The last 2 weeks he and CJ have been absolute MONEY in the 4th quarter. Way to go Jordan Canzeri! Beautiful job.

(the entire team played solidly, good job Hawks - and kudo's to Kirk and Co. for not sitting on it late - he put the game in CJ's hands and he delivered, right up until the "running" kicker entered the game!;))

I would like to thank Adam Cox for sitting in front of the camera on that TD review. I was pretty sure he got in at first then I thought maybe that knee goes down but no way to over turn it.

I thought the play calling was great. They went to draws and quick hitters. Great game by Jordan because Pitt was bringing the Heat on every hit and those screens I thought were going to get him killed. Lots of gut check performances in this game.

Reactions: td77
I would like to thank Adam Cox for sitting in front of the camera on that TD review. I was pretty sure he got in at first then I thought maybe that knee goes down but no way to over turn it.

I thought the play calling was great. They went to draws and quick hitters. Great game by Jordan because Pitt was bringing the Heat on every hit and those screens I thought were going to get him killed. Lots of gut check performances in this game.
He did a great job on those little passes when he got drilled right away for sure. Mr. Wadley, that's how you protect a football! ;)

The officials actually did a really good job on that last TD. You could see from the side that Canzeri was on top of one of our guys, and when his left foot/knee came forward, you could see it was still off the ground, and that also allowed him to push off it again once got his foot planted. I think his right leg was laid out on top of our guy, not sure he could have gotten any push from it, but he did keep moving forward until he got in. Great job. He needs to get FAR more carries than Daniels. Daniels right now is way too stiff. He can't juke anybody, straight line and fall down. Hope he gets better, he needs to (not saying he is terrible, but Canzeri is CLEARLY the better option, in any scenario).

Well I was glad Adam didn't give those refs any chance to over turn it. They were looking.

Just re-watched the last drive. Canzeri huge blitz pick up on CJ's run. Also CJ ran to the 38, 39 at least but I thought 38 and ref marked him at 40.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT