ADVERTISEMENT

Casey’s > Buc-ees

For the Noles, Kwik Trip and Kwik Star are the same thing. Kwik Star is how the stores are branded in Iowa. No idea why.

Kwik Trip's chicken and chicken tenders are legit. The chicken tenders are whole chunks of real white breast meat that are fried like a real broasted chicken.
Kwik Trip is the Wisconsin name based out of Lacrosse Wisconsin.
Iowa is Kwik Star, still the same company I don't know why they have to change the name a bit but still based out of Wisconsin. Don't know if there is another place in Iowa that makes the bakery items or not.

Edit: see post 34 for Kwik Star answer.
Forgot about Quick Trip. Do they even exist anymore?

Iowa is Kwik Star, still the same company I don't know why they have to change the name a bit but still based out of Wisconsin. Don't know if there is another place in Iowa that makes the bakery items or not.

There are a hanful of QTs left in the Des Moines area, but many were taken over by Hy-Vee Fresh

Casey's has already had it's shit pushed in by Kwik Star on the Eastern side of the state. They're waving the white flag.

As @SoDakHawk says, the only thing they have left is pizza.
I don't know about waving a white flag, they're still building more stores and if anything kwik star pushed caseys to dramatically improve their store layouts. Plus I like the option of ethanol free gas at caseys.
If I'm stopping for something to eat, it's kwik star > caseys. If it's to fill up the boat or the wife's Sequoia, it's Casey's.

Reactions: Hendy hawk

Couple of stores in DSM…East side by Lutheran and out in Merle Hay…also one on 22nd WDSM near freeway… THAT store might be the best convenience store in town!
Always liked QT….lived off their “2 hot dogs 4 $1.25” back in the day.

Reactions: stickman80
I don't understand why Buc-ees doesn't have some picnic tables set up so you can enjoy your delicious brisket or pulled-pork sandwich like a civilized person. I'm supposed to eat this sloppy mess in my car or while standing next to a trash can on the sidewalk?
Ive been at Buc-ees when they are carving up the brisket and other meats in front of you and you can have your sammy from that. Not even close the quality difference of food involved. Its restaurant quality.

Buc-ees is above KS......and KS far far surpases Caseys or KG.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Why anyone would want to fill up gas and get some roller grill items with 8,462 other people blows my mind. But-ees makes Walmart blush at the average IQ within its walls.

Really any upper Midwest gas station chain is better.
First off, you’re a moron and can GTFO with this hot take. If you don’t like Bucees, you don’t get Bucees. Same with Casey’s. They are consumerist monuments to the white trash nature of the modern American.

USA USA USA

buc-ees-breakfast.png

Ive been at Buc-ees when they are carving up the brisket and other meats in front of you and you can have your sammy from that. Not even close the quality difference of food involved. Its restaurant quality.

Buc-ees is above KS......and KS far far surpases Caseys or KG.

The last time I got a sandwich from Buc-ees I used one of the smokers for sale outside as a table. Still nowhere to sit, though.

Last edited:
Team Kwik Star (HORT) consigliere says the time has come to vanquish all Casey's ROT supporters. I don't care if you have stock in the company. It is about to get it's ass kicked. Kwik Star pays there employees more and you can see it with the staff you deal with. They put out a much better product in all facets than Caseys. On behalf of Kwik Star ROT members, I declare war. (that being said, I have a 32 once Casey's Mt. Dew on my desk because Kwik Star won't slum it up in the neighborhood I work in.

Casey's quarterly report out this week was very strong. They are now the 5th largest pizza seller in USA. They are trading at 27 times earnings which puts them at restaurant level...much above convenience store pricing.
Analysts are positive on their future.

Casey's quarterly report out this week was very strong. They are now the 5th largest pizza seller in USA. They are trading at 27 times earnings which puts them at restaurant level...much above convenience store pricing.
Analysts are positive on their future.
I can't wait for the day when I can go get gas and then walk in and have the hostess seat me for dinner.

Why anyone would want to fill up gas and get some roller grill items with 8,462 other people blows my mind. But-ees makes Walmart blush at the average IQ within its walls.

You know I love your profession and flying skills, but Casey's isn't even in the same universe, my friend. Besides Bucees mascot is a freaking beaver. Beaver my friend!

Regarding the Iowa Kwik Star vs Caseys comparison...Caseys are located in nearly every town with at least 1,000 residents and they monopolize that target customer. They have no competition and margins are huge.
Kwik Star hasn't shown the initiative to build stores in towns <3000 residents.

So even if KS begins to dominate Caseys in the larger cities...Caseys will still have that profitable base of small town Merica.
On a side note...back in the late 70s, I had a financial adviser suggest to me that buying Caseys stock @ $16/share was a good investment.
Today, Caseys stock is around $370/share.

Hindsight!

Regarding the Iowa Kwik Star vs Caseys comparison...Caseys are located in nearly every town with at least 1,000 residents and they monopolize that target customer. They have no competition and margins are huge.

So even if KS begins to dominate Caseys in the larger cities...Caseys will still have that profitable base of small town Merica.
On a side note...back in the late 70s, I had a financial adviser suggest to me that buying Caseys stock @ $16/share was a good investment.

Hindsight!

So, you're saying Casey's is like Tractor Supply Co. stores?

Hindsight!

You made your money. I'd sell. sell now.

Idea: Casey's acquires Kum & Go brand and starts selling Casey's pizza and sub sandwiches at Kum & Go gas stations. Then hire Git n Go to run the gas station side and focus on consistent quality pie at all locations. Make the existing Git N Gos national monuments. It's Casey's only shot against Maverik's Adventure Stop. I was skeptical before my road trip but that Mormon runs a hell of a shop. And you can get non Mormon things like booze and kratom and coffee/energy drinks.
Kum and go has already been bought out

Never been to a buccees but Casey’s sucks. QT is better as are the Kwick places. Kum and go had some pretty decent food but after it was bought I hear it will be more standard gas station stuff.

Last edited:
Couple of stores in DSM…East side by Lutheran and out in Merle Hay…also one on 22nd WDSM near freeway… THAT store might be the best convenience store in town!
Always liked QT….lived off their “2 hot dogs 4 $1.25” back in the day.
There is a QT in ankeny on first ave. They run a tight ship.

Jesus people. Casey’s is just a fill in. Yes Kwik Star, Kwik Trip, Kum N Go, Loves…etc are better and they are all better than bucees

this is the home of bucees right here where I am in tx. not really a fan. the bathrooms, yes. clean. the amount of people and lines? no thanks

My local Casey’s is a bunch of trans and they don’t even identify what slice of pizza you’re buying. I just have to watch that bitch spin around and hope for the best and try to remember not to say sir to the 6’4” dude talking in a fake high pitched voice asking me about my rewards status.

I’m thinking that Casey’s is regretting their repertory infringement agreement they had with Kwik Trip….My observations here in DSM area is that Kwik Star is making things rather uncomfortable for Casey’s around here. Casey’s “not even close” to KS around here. A “convenience store” making its bones on pizza doesn’t seem like a solid business plan to me.
Financial analyst have wondered if Caseys did this to put more hurt on the privately held K&G than themselves. I can very well see that being the case.

IMO it was a wise move for KG to sell to Maverick. They were at their peak in value and with KS now on the scene making them and Caseys look like hot garbage the time was right.

We ate at a Mavericks in Fort Collins CO last summer. Very
impressive. If they change the menu at KG to match that....Caseys will become the bottom feeder.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT