ADVERTISEMENT

Two major newspaper chains dropped the AP. What will it mean for readers?

I can hardly wait to see the large swath of AI generated news articles coming soon to a "news" organization near you.

Sure Jan

Tell you what - I have a Newspapers.com subscription. Give me the date and some keywords from that story and I’ll look it up.
That wasn't a story, it was a conversation I had with him. I know you're not much into reading but I never said he wrote that in a story... yet.

The Cedar Rapids Gazette is a non-chain paper and it is vastly superior to the now diminished Register.

You are correct to an extent, but the slavish devotion to shareholder value makes it way, way worse at the chain-owned publications.
We are in full agreement here.

Reactions: torbee
If he's an AP writer, he isn't employed by the Florida Times-Union.
The AP uses his stories from time to time on sports stuff like the Players Championship, Jaguars stories etc. Typically the AP guy is Mark Long doing Jaguars stuff.

The AP uses his stories from time to time on sports stuff like the Players Championship, Jaguars stories etc. Typically the AP guy is Mark Long doing Jaguars stuff.
So he's a Times-Union employee who has stories picked up by the AP on occasion, and he enjoys mocking the trans community. Got it.

The Times-Union only has five people in it's sports department, so I assume it's this guy or it could be this guy.

Last edited:
So he's a Times-Union employee who has stories picked up by the AP on occasion, and he enjoys mocking the trans community. Got it.

The Times-Union only has five people in it's sports department, so I assume it's this guy or it could be this guy.
I'm a member of the Times-Union Guild/Communications Workers of America.

Filthy commie that belongs to a union, too!

He doesn't mock anyone. He simply said if she wants to use a pronoun or he had to write she was injured in the testicles he wouldn't have an issue with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT