ADVERTISEMENT

Cassioppi

Don’t get me wrong I love Cass, but I’m kind of ready to see what BK has to offer the Hawks.
Cass hasn't been the same wrestler since he lost all the weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knockin the kid for getting in shape - but he lost so much that the other heavyweights can throw him around like a rag doll and he doesn't have the speed and quickness on his feet to counter or overcome the loss in size.. I think his best years wrestling were his Freshman and Sophmore years...

I’m kind of ready to see what BK has to offer the Hawks.

Ditto. And exactly what is Kueter doing during the off-season(s)? The spring/summer football roster list Kueter at 220 lbs./linebacker. Albeit an Olympic summer, are there plans for Kueter to wrestle anywhere/anyplace this summer?

Keuter isn't on Cass' level, at least not yet.

Especially while 1/2 his focus is on another sport.

Right now I'm not even sold that he's handling Hill in the room with ease.
You’d be wrong I’d guess. From what I’ve heard he’s very competitive in the room and beats hill consistently. Hopefully he decides that wrestling is his preferred sport. If that happens we are in for a treat.

You’d be wrong I’d guess. From what I’ve heard he’s very competitive in the room and beats hill consistently. Hopefully he decides that wrestling is his preferred sport. If that happens we are in for a treat.
Then things have changed recently because from what I remember that wasn't the case during the season.

And if there was that big of a jump Keuter would've gone in March.

I'm not doubting his ceiling, it's high, but claiming you'd rather him go right now over Cass is, well, dumb.

Yeah, I'm not sure if your info is totally correct.
Be awesome if it is true, and hopefully with time it is, but he is not at that point yet.

And I 100% hope he picks just wrestling. If/when he does, then watch out, because he has all the tools to be dominant.

Then things have changed recently because from what I remember that wasn't the case during the season.

And if there was that big of a jump Keuter would've gone in March.

I'm not doubting his ceiling, it's high, but claiming you'd rather him go right now over Cass is, well, dumb.
Yes. Keuter was beating Hill consistently in the room.

You just have to remember who Tom is and how he operates with regards to true freshman. Unless he and the athlete truly believe they are a title contender - you're not coming out of redshirt.

Also. No. You'd take big/fat/tiny Tony over Keuter this year - period. Well. You let them figure it out. If Keuter can catch Tony and win the spot - then sure, Keuter wrestles.

But Cass will be on full feed (not cutting to 97kg) and have wrestled the entire season.

Yes. Keuter was beating Hill consistently in the room.

You just have to remember who Tom is and how he operates with regards to true freshman. Unless he and the athlete truly believe they are a title contender - you're not coming out of redshirt.

Also. No. You'd take big/fat/tiny Tony over Keuter this year - period. Well. You let them figure it out. If Keuter can catch Tony and win the spot - then sure, Keuter wrestles.

But Cass will be on full feed (not cutting to 97kg) and have wrestled the entire season.
I have a really hard time imagining Kueter reaching his full potential when he spends most of the year on football. Frankly, was not impressed with what I saw last year. He's an undersized, athletic heavyweight who showed almost no leg attack ability. When's the last time you saw that be successful?

Yeah, I'm not sure if your info is totally correct.
Be awesome if it is true, and hopefully with time it is, but he is not at that point yet.

And I 100% hope he picks just wrestling. If/when he does, then watch out, because he has all the tools to be dominant.
They haven’t steered me wrong in the past. I only get back a few times a year so I haven’t seen BK wrestle live much. The same people that told me this also informed me of Spencer’s knee injury in the finals his sophomore year, Bulls rib injury, JE’s transfer, Nate’s change of heart, Spencer’s return match his senior year. They’ve also told me that Cobe looked like the starter at 157, though it was close, two years ago and that Caleb was right in the 149 mix last year.

On the opposite side of that they did tell me BK was getting the start over Hill a dual meet before that happened. So this missed that one by two days. Overall the track record is pretty good.

TLDR version. They, and subsequently me, could be wrong but they have a solid track record to date.

I have a really hard time imagining Kueter reaching his full potential when he spends most of the year on football. Frankly, was not impressed with what I saw last year. He's an undersized, athletic heavyweight who showed almost no leg attack ability. When's the last time you saw that be successful?

Hey. I'm not saying you're wrong. I've been one of the loudest regarding BK's usefulness.

Iowa football is almost always going to be a new year's day bowl. Then BK jumps right into Big Ten season? That's just not a good plan for a guy with NCAA champion potential and for an NCAA championship team.

Even at the end of the year, BK wasn't in "wrestling" shape.

They haven’t steered me wrong in the past. I only get back a few times a year so I haven’t seen BK wrestle live much. The same people that told me this also informed me of Spencer’s knee injury in the finals his sophomore year, Bulls rib injury, JE’s transfer, Nate’s change of heart, Spencer’s return match his senior year. They’ve also told me that Cobe looked like the starter at 157, though it was close, two years ago and that Caleb was right in the 149 mix last year.

On the opposite side of that they did tell me BK was getting the start over Hill a dual meet before that happened. So this missed that one by two days. Overall the track record is pretty good.

TLDR version. They, and subsequently me, could be wrong but they have a solid track record to date.
Very similar to information I've received in the past.
He does have the advantage over Hill, but as of the last I knew Tony was getting the best of both our 285s. I will be surprised if Tony wrestles in college again, but if he does, I strongly believe he win the spot.

Keuter isn't on Cass' level, at least not yet.

Especially while 1/2 his focus is on another sport.

Right now I'm not even sold that he's handling Hill in the room with ease.

That’s wild. Kueter is much better than Hill. And remember, I’ve been beating the Hill drum for awhile now. He has strong potential to be an AA level wrestler in another 1-2 years.

Ditto. And exactly what is Kueter doing during the off-season(s)? The spring/summer football roster list Kueter at 220 lbs./linebacker. Albeit an Olympic summer, are there plans for Kueter to wrestle anywhere/anyplace this summer?

That hasn’t been updated since last fall. They will update again later this summer.

So who’s going to post the poll? If only one, do you take the sure thing (Gable), go for loyalty (Cass), or see if NIL could lure Kueter into wrestling full time for the long play?

That’s wild. Kueter is much better than Hill. And remember, I’ve been beating the Hill drum for awhile now. He has strong potential to be an AA level wrestler in another 1-2 years.
I like Hill and I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

He's also a hell of a lot more athletic than people realize. And I agree, I think he eventually AA's.

Reactions: BGon4ND and Grip220
I like Hill and I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

He's also a hell of a lot more athletic than people realize. And I agree, I think he eventually AA's.

I don’t see anyone discrediting him at this point. Made a huge leap to qualify for nationals. Some of us saw it in him earlier than others.

That said, he’s not as good as Kueter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT