ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapdis school open enrollment question

As far as open enrollment goes in CR, I wouldn't take the chance. Too many variables to rely upon it. Let's just say some demographics have a distinct advantage.

I would buy a house in the Viola Gibson, Harding, Kennedy district. By far the best route in CR. Nothing is perfect, but these three schools are really good.

CR schools overall are a mess. It's problems start at the ELSC. They talk a big game, but in the end don't support teachers, and dont hold kids accountable.

I'm glad I'm near the end with a Jr in High School.
The ELSC is the reason I recommended the OP looked at some smaller communities surrounding. The folks at the ELSC are real impressed with themselves, but the staff in schools don't respect them, as they are out of touch with what actually goes on in the schools, and it gets worse with each dismal new hire (cough Dr. Grover, cough).

Reactions: CaboKP
The ELSC is the reason I recommended the OP looked at some smaller communities surrounding. The folks at the ELSC are real impressed with themselves, but the staff in schools don't respect them, as they are out of touch with what actually goes on in the schools, and it gets worse with each dismal new hire (cough Dr. Grover, cough).
I haven't heard much good about her (Dr Grover) either. What I hear is from teachers who are part of the district mixed with the bond measure.
The bond measure was super odd. Let's spend 200 million and upgrade 2 buildings and a lunchroom for the low cost of hundreds more in property taxes. It was simply not in touch with reality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT