ADVERTISEMENT

Charlie Jones has had a great year and will be playing on a huge stage in the Big Ten Championship Game.

If that scenario played out, F5n5, Pisstache, MarkfromJ, HawkDoggy, Natchrlman et al would all be here crowing about how it was exactly how KF planned it and Iowa was still smarter/better-prepared, and morally pristine than anyone in the world.
You need a break man.

Looks like line is projected at -17.5 UM….not surprising. This won’t be pretty. It never was going to be, but especially with Purdue.

Charlie will get a rematch with Michigan in the championships game.

However, even with a different team, the result will probably be as bad.

Good for Charlie......great business decision on his part and great season by him.......however, he gets to get his a$$ kicked by Michigan in the B1G championship game two years in a row. :)

Reactions: mtown66 and CANARD
Could have easily been the difference pushing Iowa on to its 2nd Western Division title in two years, and return against Michigan. His team mates needed him in the mix, may have been the difference vs Iowa State, Illinois, and Nebraska at least, who know maybe Michigan at Kinnick. If so, a real shot at the CFP with a a second shot at OSU. Sadly, Charlie does not have much of the team concept working for him, but I wish him all the best

Last edited:
You are mess. Get help.
Thanks for your input.

No coach, at any power five school would be allowed to hire and keep his son as an OC paid nearly a million$ a year for factually the worst offense in all of college football.
If I offend you I beg you, put me on ignore.

Kirk is a douche and you love it. Look in the mirror.

Love Charlie, hell of a player. Definately helped his draft stock with the transfer!
I certainly understand why Charlie transferred to Purdue. The only problem I had was him participating in Spring practice at Iowa and then transferring, leaving Iowa with a terrible void. As kind of a back story was the fact that coming out of high school no one recruited him and he walked on at Buffalo, walked on at Iowa because no one would offer him a scholarship. It took his childhood friend Aidan O'donnell convincing Coach Brohm to take him at Purdue.
I think some things he said when interviewed by Dave Revsin of Big Ten Network during this season may be why the no scholarship offerings. He said in that interview that one semester he was on probation for grades or required education advancement, he did not say. I wonder if academics or the lacking in them was the reason for coaches since high school did not want to offer a scholarship to a poor student. Also in that interview he indicated the offense at his high school did not feature or utilize passing.

So who had the better season in your eyes?
Duh. I’m shocked Iowa controlled its own destiny heading into the last week of the season. The ineptitude on the offensive side of the ball was embarrassing.

So, in seasons like this, you have to find the small moments that made you happy. I would argue that Iowa played its best game of the year against Purdue.

So that game sticks out in my mind as a good moment in a rather abysmal year.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT