ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago War Zone

Should use their weed money for more law enforcement.
It's unfixable at this point. Tens of thousands of teenagers and young "adults" with zero respect for human life or an understanding of how to be a good productive citizen. Violence and lawlessness is all they know. All you can really hope to do is contain it to the worst neighborhoods, but recently the violence has been spreading to other parts of the city as well.

I'm heading there for a convention on Michigan ave next week. Wish me luck. Hopefully I make it out of that scary city alive!
giphy.webp

Watch the news clip. Now pretend like what is shown is somehow okay bc the events are low "per capita" across the entire city.

Stats don't make any crime ok.

But they do tell a factual story that is left out by biased media outlets. The fact is that Chicago isn't anywhere near the most violent city in America. But a narrative has been created mostly for political purposes that Chicago is a dystopian hell scape.

Chicago needs to step up their ratio

Chicago: 0.00001132075 shootings per person
Linn County: 0.0000173913 shootings per person

IDK if I will ever step outside again
This doesn't remotely reflect what's going on in the worst sections of the city, but it's become a cute little dodge to pretend it's all okay.
The city as a whole is a great place, but for hundreds of thousands of people living in the worst neighborhoods it is a war zone. And it's continuing to spill over into other parts of the city.

This doesn't remotely reflect what's going on in the worst sections of the city, but it's become a cute little dodge to pretend it's all okay.
The city as a whole is a great place, but for hundreds of thousands of people living in the worst neighborhoods it is a war zone. And it's continuing to spill over into other parts of the city.

I would argue it's similar to that in many other cities as well. The worst parts of the city are dangerous but the best parts of the city are completely safe.

But they do tell a factual story that is left out by biased media outlets. The fact is that Chicago isn't anywhere near the most violent city in America. But a narrative has been created mostly for political purposes that Chicago is a dystopian hell scape.
Go walk the streets of southside Chicago at night and report back to us if you live long enough to do that then do the same in CR. But keep using statistics to say which city is safer. Oh, and good luck.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk

It's semantics and disingenuous. Parts of Chicago certainly are a hell scape, and using per capita murder rates is used to cover up just how bad it is. 30-50 people being shot every weekend isn't okay bc 2.5 million others weren't.

Uh, I’ve got stats

Go walk the streets of southside Chicago at night and report back to us if you live long enough to do that then do the same in CR. But keep using statistics to say which city is safer. Oh, and good luck.
Bridgeport is awesome. I'll walk that all evening long and never get murdered. You're dumb.

It's semantics and disingenuous. Parts of Chicago certainly are a hell scape, and using per capita murder rates is used to cover up just how bad it is. 30-50 people being shot every weekend isn't okay bc 2.5 million others weren't.
What's your solution to this hell scape?

I'm guessing you have been giving this a lot of thought.

Every day you are live sends DeangeloVickers into a fit of anger. “You live in Chicago, you’re supposed to be dead, damnit!”
Nope, not remotely. You should call the alderman and city council members proposing the curfews and tell them they're overreacting. Give them some per capita stats to back it up.

It is pretty easy to stay out of like 9 neighborhoods and never ever get murdered. I've spent my whole life not getting murdered in Chicago.
The proposed 8:00 curfew is interesting in itself.
Every morning I look at a few websites:
WBBM - Chicago
KSTP - St. Paul
KMOV - St. Louis
KMBC - Kansas City
sometimes KAKE - Wichita

The shootings reported are more numerous in Chicago. Yes, I do know Chicago is far larger.

Chicago is a gangster town. I don’t know why people don’t understand it, and it’s been that way for over a century. You will never be able to build enough high rises or gentrify enough neighborhoods to change it

Reactions: Sexican
The proposed 8:00 curfew is interesting in itself.
Every morning I look at a few websites:
WBBM - Chicago
KSTP - St. Paul
KMOV - St. Louis
KMBC - Kansas City
sometimes KAKE - Wichita

The shootings reported are more numerous in Chicago. Yes, I do know Chicago is far larger.
I should add :
WINK - Fort Myers
KCCI - Des Moines
KTIV - Sioux City
KELO- Sioux Falls

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT