ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago War Zone

Bro. “Under the pier” ain’t a thing at Navy Pier. You think Lake Michigan and Navy Pier are like an oceanfront pier?

As I said: you’re a simpleton.

According to a February 2023 Chicago Sun-Times article, most guns traced to crimes in Chicago, about 16,500, were purchased in Illinois, with about 8,200 more coming from Indiana. The ATF also found that suburbs surrounding Chicago, such as Lyons, Oak Forest, Riverdale, Melrose Park, and Gary, Indiana, are top local sources of guns used in crimes. Other states that have been linked to guns used in Chicago crimes include Mississippi, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia.
Who purchased them? The individuals doing the shootings? Of course these guns were purchased at some point, that's not news and tells us nothing about how they're ending up in the hands of thugs.
Again, the idea that if surrounding communities had tougher gun laws then shootings in Chicago would decrease is ridiculous.
The guns being used aren't being acquired legally by the people doing the shooting.

In Chicago for a conference. Only been murdered twice since i got here

Reactions: GES4
I wasn't going to post this since last week nobody gave a sh*t.

Also, last week the Chicago Tribune ran a big editorial about the shootings, killings, and overall crime during the previous weekend.
At least the Tribune gives a sh*t.

In Chicago for a conference. Only been murdered twice since i got here
You probably are safe. You are staying at a wonderful hotel that somebody is paying for. Nice restaurants and meals that you aren't paying and somebody is taken care of it.

You probably are safe. You are staying at a wonderful hotel that somebody is paying for. Nice restaurants and meals that you aren't paying and somebody is taken care of it.
If you attend a conference in another city for work the employee should pay for it?

• Love
Reactions: Bro D
I wasn't going to post this since last week nobody gave a sh*t.

Also, last week the Chicago Tribune ran a big editorial about the shootings, killings, and overall crime during the previous weekend.
At least the Tribune gives a sh*t.
[x] Garfield Park [x] Englewood [x] Lawndale

Stay out of those places and you are almost certain not to get murdered. Virtual lock.

Chicago needs to step up their ratio

Chicago: 0.00001132075 shootings per person
Linn County: 0.0000173913 shootings per person

IDK if I will ever step outside again

One of the saddest things I have been forced to accept over the last few years is how statistics, when presented per capita, just bounce right off the crania of the Dunning-Kruger set.

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT