ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago War Zone

While we're here, I loooove deep dish pizza but wanting to venture over to tavern style this time around. I'll be at the Hilton on Michigan Ave. Doesn't have to be pizza but any recommendations of where to eat nearby?
Pat's, Phil's, or Vito & Nick's. None are real close by though.

I said streets not street. You are dumber. So put your money where your mouth is and walk the streets of southside Chicago then report back how “safe” they are.
"southside Chicago" encompasses a lot of things. Bridgeport is a great neighborhood encompassing many streets. There are many great southside neighborhoods including Bridgeport, such as: Beverly, Hyde Park, Pilsen, Little Village, Mount Greenwood. You're dumb.

Also, as a long-suffering White Sox fan, I've been to hundreds of Sox games. Each one was on the south side.

I said streets not street. You are dumber. So put your money where your mouth is and walk the streets of southside Chicago then report back how “safe” they are.
Have you been to large cities? I am pretty sure all of them have neighborhoods that are unsafe. I have been to Chicago, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, San Fran, etc. etc. It isn't new and if I had to bet, my guess would be they're not going away. What's your point?

Reactions: Ree4 and McLovin32
While we're here, I loooove deep dish pizza but wanting to venture over to tavern style this time around. I'll be at the Hilton on Michigan Ave. Doesn't have to be pizza but any recommendations of where to eat nearby?
Not exactly tavern style, but you can definitely have a cocktail and their pizza is phenomenal. I believe this is just a few blocks from where you'll be staying.

Have you been to large cities? I am pretty sure all of them have neighborhoods that are unsafe. I have been to Chicago, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, San Fran, etc. etc. It isn't new and if I had to bet, my guess would be they're not going away. What's your point?
It’s all of those rough neighborhoods with the crazy whites

It is pretty easy to stay out of like 9 neighborhoods and never ever get murdered. I've spent my whole life not getting murdered in Chicago.
As I posted above, call the alderman proposing the curfew and tell him he's overreacting. It's just kids being kids.

It’s a big relief that the leftists on the board have explained how living in Iowa is much more dangerous than living in Chicago 😂

Yes, been to big cities all over this country. And realize there are parts to every city that you don’t want to find yourself in.

My point is you can say statistically that CR is worse than Chicago or STL but you are far more likely to find the deads in one these cities than CR. To argue statistics show these cities are safer is semantics. I’d much rather take a chance in CR than South Chicago or East St Louis based off of what we see most weekends with shootings and the amount of people that unfortunately get shot or killed.

Don't worry. This will fix Chicago crime.

Kim Foxx may stop prosecuting drug and gun cases stemming from some traffic stops​

Don't worry. This will fix Chicago crime.

Kim Foxx may stop prosecuting drug and gun cases stemming from some traffic stops​

She's definitely a disaster but a short-lived disaster.

Yes, been to big cities all over this country. And realize there are parts to every city that you don’t want to find yourself in.

My point is you can say statistically that CR is worse than Chicago or STL but you are far more likely to find the deads in one these cities than CR. To argue statistics show these cities are safer is semantics. I’d much rather take a chance in CR than South Chicago or East St Louis based off of what we see most weekends with shootings and the amount of people that unfortunately get shot or killed.
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
She's definitely a disaster but a short-lived disaster.
Short lived lol... interesting choice of words given the topic. Looks like roughly 6,000 murders in the 8 years Foxx has been in the prosecutors office and an under 20% clearance rate. But yeah, let's not charge people with gun crimes in the city, that'll help.

Short lived lol... interesting choice of words given the topic. Looks like roughly 6,000 murders in the 8 years Foxx has been in the prosecutors office and an under 20% clearance rate. But yeah, let's not charge people with gun crimes in the city, that'll help.
You should run for office. Then you can spread the platform on how much you love the electoral college. In fact, it could go on your tombstone.

She's almost done. She's not running in 2024. So you can settle down because it doesn't really matter what she wants to do at this point.

It does have its advantages though. Give some more time to bang your wife
Just don’t want you to take another sabbatical. We need your comedy. When you say things like “Desantis would be the best president in the history of America” & “Us whities never do anything wrong, it’s always the blacks” it provides many laughs. Keep us laughing, don’t leave!

That's a really weird deflection. Strangely it's become some kind of liberal litmus test to pretend what's going on in Chicago and other big cities is somehow normal and acceptable.
Absolutely nothing about the violence should be considered normal or acceptable. Nor is it isolated to places like Chicago. Nor is Chicago even close to the most violent city in the country. In fact, in 2022 it didn't make the top 50 in terms of murder rate. Don't you think it's weird that conservatives have made it the poster child for violence in America?

Funny story…one time a buddy and I were in his car going into STL to meet some other friends at the Hooters at Union Station back in the day when it was a good place to go with a lot of restaurants and bars. Long story short, he took a wrong turn, went down the street and somehow ended up in ESTL. As we realized where we were, two cops pulled up to his very nice car and asked us wtf we were doing. Told us to get the hell out of there by not stopping at any stop signs or lights, just yield as to not cause an accident to get the hell out of there before you get shot or car jacked. Interesting night and arrival in STL.

Reactions: jasonrann
Absolutely nothing about the violence should be considered normal or acceptable. Nor is it isolated to places like Chicago. Nor is Chicago even close to the most violent city in the country. In fact, in 2022 it didn't make the top 50 in terms of murder rate. Don't you think it's weird that conservatives have made it the poster child for violence in America?

Because of the gun free "symbol" they think it is, nevermind that you can drive 15-20 minutes out of downtown and get all the guns you want... that's how stupid they are

Reactions: Ree4
Funny story…one time a buddy and I were in his car going into STL to meet some other friends at the Hooters at Union Station back in the day when it was a good place to go with a lot of restaurants and bars. Long story short, he took a wrong turn, went down the street and somehow ended up in ESTL. As we realized where we were, two cops pulled up to his very nice car and asked us wtf we were doing. Told us to get the hell out of there by not stopping at any stop signs or lights, just yield as to not cause an accident to get the hell out of there before you get shot or car jacked. Interesting night and arrival in STL.
Very similar story here.

I lived in Grand Rapids, MI from 1993 to 1996 for work. During the first spring I was there, a buddy and I went to Detroit for work and decided to catch a Tigers game at old Tiger Stadium. Holy cow, what a shithole in a shit area. We had never been there and this was pre-GPS so we were winging it. We ended up taking an earlier exit than we were supposed to and literally ended up in an area that looked like the East St. Louis scene from Vacation. Two white dudes driving around in a Chevy Lumina with EVERYBODY looking at us. That was my first time living outside of Iowa. It was very eye opening.

My point is you can say statistically that CR is worse than Chicago or STL but you are far more likely to find the deads in one these cities than CR.

Statistically, that's wrong. That's the whole point.

That's not even considering the fact that most crimes are committed against people in your own racial group. Statistically, I'm probably safer when it comes to getting into conflict in a racially diverse place than a place that's all whities.

But here's the real statistical issue here - you're still extremely safe in this country in most cases no matter where you are and the people who freak out about this are people who are scared of their own shadow.

She's almost done. She's not running in 2024. So you can settle down because it doesn't really matter what she wants to do at this point.
Lol okay, I'll "settle down". We can't have anyone questioning prosecutors for not charging criminals with illegal guns, especially in cities with dozens of shootings per week. It's hilarious when lefties pretend to care about gun violence yet excuse things like this. Is it that you only care when white kids get shot?

As stated multiple times, cherry picking the per capita stats for Chicago as a whole is really misleading and frankly stupid. Of course there are significant parts of the city with minimal gun violence and crime. I'm sure those lily white areas is where you spend your time when you're there. Those areas are also largely upper middle class and wealthy neighborhoods.
But there are also significant parts with horrific problems. Dozens of shootings per weekend isn't okay nor is it normal, and playing the "per capita" game is akin to sweeping them under the rug...

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Because of the gun free "symbol" they think it is, nevermind that you can drive 15-20 minutes out of downtown and get all the guns you want... that's how stupid they are
Explain to us please where someone from Chicago can drive 15-20 mins from downtown and "get all the guns they want".
Keep in mind handguns are used in 99 % of the gun violence in Chicago. I'm sure you're extremely well versed on the gun laws in Chicago and Illinois.
You've been fed a line of bullshit about gun laws being lax outside of Chicago being to blame for all the violence and you call other people stupid. Jfc.

I find it remarkable that seemingly everybody has a story about the police telling them to blow lights, ignore traffic violations, etc. to get out of rough neighborhoods when I have never had that experience in any of the rougher parts of any city that I've lived in or driven through

As stated multiple times, cherry picking the per capita stats for Chicago as a whole is really misleading and frankly stupid. Of course there are significant parts of the city with minimal gun violence and crime. I'm sure those lily white areas is where you spend your time when you're there. Those areas are also largely upper middle class and wealthy neighborhoods.
But there are also significant parts with horrific problems. Dozens of shootings per weekend isn't okay nor is it normal, and playing the "per capita" game is akin to sweeping them under the rug...
Now that's just dumb. Really, really dumb.

Reactions: Ree4 and RileyHawk
No. The vast majority of neighborhoods are very safe. A few are not. Those that are safe are diverse as well - the city of Chicago is quite diverse. "Lily white" applies to CR on the whole.

No one is sweeping them under the rug - you're putting that out there as a desperate attempt to support the fear mongering you're doing with misleading information. It's not OK in Chicago nor is it OK in CR. It's also not OK for you to misrepresent the information, but yet here you are.

No. The vast majority of neighborhoods are very safe. A few are not. Those that are safe are diverse as well - the city of Chicago is quite diverse. "Lily white" applies to CR on the whole.

No one is sweeping them under the rug - you're putting that out there as a desperate attempt to support the fear mongering you're doing with misleading information. It's not OK in Chicago nor is it OK in CR. It's also not OK for you to misrepresent the information, but yet here you are.
Probably got a math degree from Trump University.

Hey man GTFOH with your facts! We are gaslighting in this thread.

I heard once that statistics don't lie but liars use statistics.

Seems appropriate for this thread

Company I use to work for was headquartered in downtown St Louis, just off the river in the Soulard area.

Spent many a days and nights in downtown area by Union Station, Busch Stadium, the Arch, etc.....You really had to **** up to not notice you were crossing a really long bridge to get to East St Louis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT