ADVERTISEMENT

Chicago War Zone

Explain to us please where someone from Chicago can drive 15-20 mins from downtown and "get all the guns they want".
Keep in mind handguns are used in 99 % of the gun violence in Chicago. I'm sure you're extremely well versed on the gun laws in Chicago and Illinois.
You've been fed a line of bullshit about gun laws being lax outside of Chicago being to blame for all the violence and you call other people stupid. Jfc.

Lol... here's a screenshot, but Google this and then pick any number of pins,

'gun store right outside chicago illinois'

You're the one that believes in bullshit, did you think they were coming from Mexico? And that doesn't include the one right across the border in Indiana that's being sued because of the number of guns linked to it

Reactions: Ree4
The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  10. Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
  11. Springfield, MO (1,339)
  12. Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  14. San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
  15. Anchorage, AK (1,203)
  16. Nashville, TN (1,138)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  18. New Orleans, LA (1,121)
  19. Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)
St. Louis, Missouri has the highest violent crime rate in the United States of 2,082 incidents per 100,000 people. The murder rate is 64.9 per 100,000, with a total of 205 people murdered in 2017.

Some cities on the list, such as Minneapolis and Oakland, have problematically high rape and robbery rates that are worse than their murder rates. Minneapolis had 122 reported rapes and 434 robberies in 2017. Oakland’s robbery rate in 2017 was 630 incidents per 100,000 people.

Recent Changes in Crime Rates in Selected Major Cities, 2020–2022
National6.3−6.7%
New York5.3−5.7%
Los Angeles10.215.8%
Chicago22.8−20.4%
Houston19.011.6%
Philadelphia*33.07.3%
San Francisco7.232.1%
Baltimore*50.3−11.8%
Washington, DC29.35.6%
Atlanta*33.97.7%
Detroit49.1−1.2%
New Orleans71.940.8%
Memphis43.0−3.0%
Seattle7.49.8%
Note: Cities indicated with an asterisk were not listed in the FBI’s 2020 report. Murder counts for that year were obtained from other sources. Violent crime and property crime estimates for these cities will be added later after careful review of the data. Percentage changes calculated from raw unrounded figures.
Source: FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Program, 2020 and 2022, Tables 1 and 8.

Lol... here's a screenshot, but Google this and then pick any number of pins,

'gun store right outside chicago illinois'

You're the one that believes in bullshit, did you think they were coming from Mexico? And that doesn't include the one right across the border in Indiana that's being sued because of the number of guns linked to it

Lol, no one said there weren't gun shops outside of Chicago. You're dumb ass claimed these thugs are just driving 15-20 mins outside of town and buying them, which is horribly misinformed and just plain dumb. They aren't obtaining the guns being used in these shootings legally.

Go walk the streets of southside Chicago at night and report back to us if you live long enough to do that then do the same in CR. But keep using statistics to say which city is safer. Oh, and good luck.
Maybe he should start with Cedar Rapids first just so we have a little bit more of the research completed.

Minneapolis had 122 reported rapes and 434 robberies in 2017.

OK, in light of this statistic, how could anyone ever believe this story was true?

More than 26,000 Texans are estimated to have become pregnant as a result of a rape since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade in June 2022 — the highest number among the 14 states that enacted total abortion bans after the high court ended the federal right to terminate a pregnancy, according to a peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

OK, in light of this statistic, how could anyone ever believe this story was true?

More than 26,000 Texans are estimated to have become pregnant as a result of a rape since the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade in June 2022 — the highest number among the 14 states that enacted total abortion bans after the high court ended the federal right to terminate a pregnancy, according to a peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Texas must be super rapey.

Have you been to large cities? I am pretty sure all of them have neighborhoods that are unsafe. I have been to Chicago, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, San Fran, etc. etc. It isn't new and if I had to bet, my guess would be they're not going away. What's your point?
You can easily catch the dead in Chicago right in the middle of downtown, I LOL at you people who try to deflect by pointing to a certain part of town when you know it happens everywhere in these shithole cities.

You can easily catch the dead in Chicago right in the middle of downtown, I LOL at you people who try to deflect by pointing to a certain part of town when you know it happens everywhere in these shithole cities.
No shit. It happens everywhere all over the place and it isn't something I worry about. You do you though. Keep your Kleenex handy.

There sure are a lot of people walking and driving around downtown Chicago tempting death. And it's odd how happy and festive and carefree they all seem to be.

Reactions: jasonrann
Lol, no one said there weren't gun shops outside of Chicago. You're dumb ass claimed these thugs are just driving 15-20 mins outside of town and buying them, which is horribly misinformed and just plain dumb. They aren't obtaining the guns being used in these shootings legally.

Outside... they're fvcking minutes from fvcking downtown Chicago. Hey moron, use the map function and it'll tell you how minutes it takes to get there.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
Outside... they're fvcking minutes from fvcking downtown Chicago. Hey moron, use the map function and it'll tell you how minutes it takes to get there.
You're completely missing the point. The people shooting each other in Chicago aren't going to a gun shop, after first getting a FOID card as required in Illinois, passing a mandatory back ground check, waiting 72 hours, then going back to pick up their gun they intend to shoot someone with. The whole idea that the gun free zone in Chicago is circumvented by gun shops right outside city limits is laughable. And regardless, gun laws don't matter when the lead DA in the city won't prosecute people found with illegal guns.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
And some of them will get shot whether they are happy or not.
And that portion will be similar to the number who get shot in CR.

Seems you are easily frightened and afraid of the miniscule chance you will have such an encounter. It's best, for you, that you stay at home. The rest of us will enjoy our lives exploring and interacting.

The twenty cities with the highest violent crime rates (number of incidents per 100,000 people) are:

1. St. Louis, MO (2,082)
  2. Detroit, MI (2,057)
  3. Baltimore, MD (2,027)
  4. Memphis, TN (2,003)
  5. Little Rock, AR (1,634)
  6. Milwaukee, WI (1,597)
  7. Rockford, IL (1,588)
  8. Cleveland, OH (1,557)
  9. Stockton, CA (1,415)
  10. Albuquerque, NM (1,369)
  11. Springfield, MO (1,339)
  12. Indianapolis, IN (1,334)
  13. Oakland, CA (1,299)
  14. San Bernardino, CA (1,291)
  15. Anchorage, AK (1,203)
  16. Nashville, TN (1,138)
  17. Lansing, MI (1,136)
  18. New Orleans, LA (1,121)
  19. Minneapolis, MN (1,101)
  20. Chicago, IL (1,099)
St. Louis, Missouri has the highest violent crime rate in the United States of 2,082 incidents per 100,000 people. The murder rate is 64.9 per 100,000, with a total of 205 people murdered in 2017.

Some cities on the list, such as Minneapolis and Oakland, have problematically high rape and robbery rates that are worse than their murder rates. Minneapolis had 122 reported rapes and 434 robberies in 2017. Oakland’s robbery rate in 2017 was 630 incidents per 100,000 people.
I wonder where the south side of Chicago, by itself would rate?

Just don’t want you to take another sabbatical. We need your comedy. When you say things like “Desantis would be the best president in the history of America” & “Us whities never do anything wrong, it’s always the blacks” it provides many laughs. Keep us laughing, don’t leave!
I’m just glad I occupy your thoughts, jealousy I guess. No one knows who you are

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14

Seems you are easily frightened and afraid of the miniscule chance you will have such an encounter. It's best, for you, that you stay at home. The rest of us will enjoy our lives exploring and interacting.
And most of those shooters have come from Chicago on the MegaBus, I am sure. So we should add CR stats to Chicago. CR is a very safe town.
;)

Explain to us please where someone from Chicago can drive 15-20 mins from downtown and "get all the guns they want".
Keep in mind handguns are used in 99 % of the gun violence in Chicago. I'm sure you're extremely well versed on the gun laws in Chicago and Illinois.
You've been fed a line of bullshit about gun laws being lax outside of Chicago being to blame for all the violence and you call other people stupid. Jfc.
According to a February 2023 Chicago Sun-Times article, most guns traced to crimes in Chicago, about 16,500, were purchased in Illinois, with about 8,200 more coming from Indiana. The ATF also found that suburbs surrounding Chicago, such as Lyons, Oak Forest, Riverdale, Melrose Park, and Gary, Indiana, are top local sources of guns used in crimes. Other states that have been linked to guns used in Chicago crimes include Mississippi, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia.

According to a February 2023 Chicago Sun-Times article, most guns traced to crimes in Chicago, about 16,500, were purchased in Illinois, with about 8,200 more coming from Indiana. The ATF also found that suburbs surrounding Chicago, such as Lyons, Oak Forest, Riverdale, Melrose Park, and Gary, Indiana, are top local sources of guns used in crimes. Other states that have been linked to guns used in Chicago crimes include Mississippi, Kentucky, Missouri, and Georgia.
Yeah but that doesn't fit the narrative so we can absolutely throw it out

I'm pretty sure Shitcago has more people shot than in Cedar Rapids.

That's a really weird deflection. Strangely it's become some kind of liberal litmus test to pretend what's going on in Chicago and other big cities is somehow normal and acceptable.

Seriously?

Democrats in Illinois will surely fix this with tried and true solutions.
Red states lead the nation in gun violence, AINEC. So much for their dumbass “solutions”…

I spent all last weekend on Navy Pier this last weekend. Watched a regatta offshore. Saw a really cool show (“The Enigmatist”) at the Shakespeare Theater and murdered a hot chick*

*by murdered, had the relations with her on Navy Pier

I spent all last weekend on Navy Pier this last weekend. Watched a regatta offshore. Saw a really cool show (“The Enigmatist”) at the Shakespeare Theater and murdered a hot chick*

*by murdered, had the relations with her on Navy Pier

The mayhem wasn’t concentrated in a few particular neighborhoods; it was widely dispersed, from the Far North Side to the Far South Side and places in between. It was the third weekend in a row, beginning with Memorial Day weekend, that more than 30 people suffered gunshot wounds.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
The mayhem wasn’t concentrated in a few particular neighborhoods; it was widely dispersed, from the Far North Side to the Far South Side and places in between. It was the third weekend in a row, beginning with Memorial Day weekend, that more than 30 people suffered gunshot wounds.

Okay, Rico.

I didn’t catch the dead and had a fantastic weekend.

But enjoy all that your trailer park community has to offer in bum****, Iowa.

Reactions: RileyHawk
The poor's such as yourself frequent Navy Pier, you probably brought a bag lunch and rode a bus to get there.

Oh Rico. Your idea of culture is what comes from an Aldi-brand yogurt.

Well. In your case, it would be a Fareway-brand yogurt.

You’re such a simpleton and scared of your own shadow. Keep sucking on them FoxNews vibes.

Oh Rico. Your idea of culture is what comes from an Aldi-brand yogurt.

Well. In your case, it would be a Fareway-brand yogurt.

You’re such a simpleton and scared of your own shadow. Keep sucking on them FoxNews vibes.
HAHA I clearly struck a nerve with you, carry on and just keep taking mass transit to your craigslist hookups.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT