ADVERTISEMENT

China Warns US of "Forceful Measures" if Nancy Pelosi Visits Taiwan

If Biden finds a way to get us into a ground war with china or Russia he will go down as the worst president in history.

**** china, they don't want us there because they know what we will see is ugly.
There is no way in hell there would ever be a "ground war" between the super powers of the world.

It's bluster/war of words.

Pelosi says military afraid China will shoot down plane over Taiwan

Reports say US house speaker could visit Taiwan in August

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., meets with reporters ahead of a planned vote in the House that would inscribe the right to use contracept...
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday (July 21) refused to confirm or deny a reported trip to Taiwan, but indicated the U.S. military was concerned that her plane "would get shot down" by Chinese forces as it neared Taiwan airspace.

The Financial Times on Tuesday (July 19) cited six sources saying Pelosi will head a delegation that will visit Taiwan in August. When asked on Wednesday (July 20) by the media at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland to comment on Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, Biden said, "Well, I think that the military thinks it’s not a good idea right now," reported AP.

At Pelosi's weekly press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked her to respond to Biden's comment that the military does not believe it is a good idea to visit Taiwan at this time and whether that concern would deter her from visiting the country. Pelosi responded by emphasizing that she never discusses her travel plans in advance as it is a "security issue" and quipped, "You never even hear me say if I'm going to London."

When asked what the U.S. can do to deter China from attacking Taiwan, Pelosi laughed and said that it is a "very major issue" and stressed that it is important to show support for Taiwan. She added, "None of us have ever said that we are for independence when it comes to Taiwan. That's up to Taiwan to decide."

Addressing military concerns over her potential trip to Taiwan, Pelosi said, "I think what the president was saying is maybe the military was afraid our plane would get shot down, or something like that, by the Chinese." She then qualified her answer by saying, "I don't know exactly. I didn't see it. I didn't hear it."

Pelosi further backed away from her comment about the potential threat to her flight by saying, "You're telling me, and I've heard it anecdotally, but I haven't heard it from the president."

If Pelosi's trip takes place as reported, this would mark the first time a House speaker has visited Taiwan since Newt Gingrich's 1997 meeting with former President Lee Teng-hui (李登輝) in Taipei. Pelosi reportedly had originally planned to visit Taiwan in April, but the trip was canceled at the last minute after she was diagnosed with COVID.

Pelosi says military afraid China will shoot down plane over Taiwan

Reports say US house speaker could visit Taiwan in August

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., meets with reporters ahead of a planned vote in the House that would inscribe the right to use contracept...
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday (July 21) refused to confirm or deny a reported trip to Taiwan, but indicated the U.S. military was concerned that her plane "would get shot down" by Chinese forces as it neared Taiwan airspace.

The Financial Times on Tuesday (July 19) cited six sources saying Pelosi will head a delegation that will visit Taiwan in August. When asked on Wednesday (July 20) by the media at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland to comment on Pelosi's trip to Taiwan, Biden said, "Well, I think that the military thinks it’s not a good idea right now," reported AP.

At Pelosi's weekly press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked her to respond to Biden's comment that the military does not believe it is a good idea to visit Taiwan at this time and whether that concern would deter her from visiting the country. Pelosi responded by emphasizing that she never discusses her travel plans in advance as it is a "security issue" and quipped, "You never even hear me say if I'm going to London."

When asked what the U.S. can do to deter China from attacking Taiwan, Pelosi laughed and said that it is a "very major issue" and stressed that it is important to show support for Taiwan. She added, "None of us have ever said that we are for independence when it comes to Taiwan. That's up to Taiwan to decide."

Addressing military concerns over her potential trip to Taiwan, Pelosi said, "I think what the president was saying is maybe the military was afraid our plane would get shot down, or something like that, by the Chinese." She then qualified her answer by saying, "I don't know exactly. I didn't see it. I didn't hear it."

Pelosi further backed away from her comment about the potential threat to her flight by saying, "You're telling me, and I've heard it anecdotally, but I haven't heard it from the president."

If Pelosi's trip takes place as reported, this would mark the first time a House speaker has visited Taiwan since Newt Gingrich's 1997 meeting with former President Lee Teng-hui (李登輝) in Taipei. Pelosi reportedly had originally planned to visit Taiwan in April, but the trip was canceled at the last minute after she was diagnosed with COVID.
Ol' Nance should fly in like George Mission Accomplished Dubya and dare those Chinamen to shoot her down. Then she can sashay them octogenarian soup dumplings over to Din Tai Fung and tell Winnie Xi Pooh to stick it.

Reactions: Tfxchawk
She sat in her chair and tore a state of the union address in 2… don’t pretend she’s been a voice of unity or respect.

When she tore that speech in half, she got my attention and my respect. It’s amazjng that when someone reacts to Trump as Trump would react, they get all bent out of shape.

JFC, Biden. Show some stones. Instead of backing off Nancy's trip announce that you, the POTUS, will be making a trip to Taiwan instead. WTF is China going to do about it? Go to war over a diplomatic trip? Doubtful. Economic sanctions against he USA? Ok, time to bring our manufacturing home or move it to another country. F China.

Joe, you just blinked.
Leave Joe alone. He has Cancer AND COVID. I wouldn’t wish for that combination on anyone.

Reactions: Hammer93
JFC, Biden. Show some stones. Instead of backing off Nancy's trip announce that you, the POTUS, will be making a trip to Taiwan instead. WTF is China going to do about it? Go to war over a diplomatic trip? Doubtful. Economic sanctions against he USA? Ok, time to bring our manufacturing home or move it to another country. F China.

Joe, you just blinked.
I actually like Joe and am a supporter…But I agree on this. Our response should have been that not only is Pelosi going, but Biden is too. And deal with it China, we surely don’t take our marching orders from you…

I actually like Joe and am a supporter…But I agree on this. Our response should have been that not only is Pelosi going, but Biden is too. And deal with it China, we surely don’t take our marching orders from you…
Yeah, what’s the worst that could happen?

I’m sure the Chinese look at this exactly the same way we do, and we can sleep easy knowing that nations never miscalculate in their response.

On the off chance the Chinese do miscalculate, and declare a blockade on Taiwan to prevent anymore foreign shipments of weapons, we’ll just run the blockade, right?

What’s the worst that could happen?

I do find it interesting the Speaker of the House said out loud that the military thinks China would shoot her plane down, and some of y’all wanna play chicken with the Chicoms.

Yeah, what’s the worst that could happen?

I’m sure the Chinese look at this exactly the same way we do, and we can sleep easy knowing that nations never miscalculate in their response.

On the off chance the Chinese do miscalculate, and declare a blockade on Taiwan to prevent anymore foreign shipments of weapons, we’ll just run the blockade, right?

What’s the worst that could happen?

I do find it interesting the Speaker of the House said out loud that the military thinks China would shoot her plane down, and some of y’all wanna play chicken with the Chicoms.
This is literally just like the Russia argument…if we use the logic you’re implying we can never do anything, ever, that may anger the Chinese because we don’t want to fight them.
That’s a pretty sad world to live in when you realize China and Russia are calling the shots…I miss the America I grew up with….that had a backbone and resolve.

….”we can’t blockade Cuba because the Soviets might run it and launch WWIII…” can you imagine? When did we become so scared? (Answer it was a long time before Joe Biden took office…)

If the Chinese shot down our plane on a diplomatic trip who is responsible for the consequences of that?
You ducked my question.

If the Chinese shoot down our plane they are responsible. Same way they were responsible for ramming our EP-3 and forcing an emergency landing.

Is our goal to maneuver China into firing the first shot by doing something that they say they’ll go to war over?

One thing that unites this country is a hatred for China. Not the people, the CCP. Dems and Reps all can call that spade a spade.

You ducked my question.

If the Chinese shoot down our plane they are responsible. Same way they were responsible for ramming our EP-3 and forcing an emergency landing.

Is our goal to maneuver China into firing the first shot by doing something that they say they’ll go to war over?
Not necessarily but where does it stop? China could say, “If Biden wakes up and Decides to have eggs with his toast….we will go to war”….should Biden then be prohibited from having eggs with his toast? Lest we not anger China?

China should have ZERO input on where we choose to send representatives on diplomatic trips….ZERO.

But if this is the new world, Biden should just say any dialogue with or support of North Korea by China will be viewed as an act of war against the United States….(we don’t do that, because we’re reasonable…)

Reactions: Tfxchawk
Not necessarily but where does it stop? China could say, “If Biden wakes up and Decides to have eggs with his toast….we will go to war”….should Biden then be prohibited from having eggs with his toast? Lest we not anger China?

China should have ZERO input on where we choose to send representatives on diplomatic trips….ZERO.

But if this is the new world, Biden should just say any dialogue with or support of North Korea by China will be viewed as an act of war against the United States….(we don’t do that, because we’re reasonable…)
So, if the Soviets run the blockade, who is responsible for starting WW3?

So you’re directly relating a diplomatic trip to placing nuclear missiles 90 miles off the border? Got it. Understood.
Quit weaseling.
I’ve answered your questions directly.
I’m merely asking the same courtesy.

If the Soviets run the blockade, who is responsible for starting WW3?

Quit weaseling.
I’ve answered your questions directly.
I’m merely asking the same courtesy.

If the Soviets run the blockade, who is responsible for starting WW3?
I don’t think it really matters do you? I would say both sides would have been about equal, we had a red line and they would have crossed it. But at least we had the backbone to stand up to them.

I don’t think it really matters do you?
I find the question makes hypocrites squirm.

I would say both sides would have been about equal, we had a red line and they would have crossed it. But at least we had the backbone to stand up to them.
Russia had a ‘red line’ on Ukraine, we crossed it.
By your logic we’re equally responsible for the consequence?
Admire Putin’s ‘backbone’?

You ducked my question.

They'd go to war over Nancy Pelosi visiting Taiwan?.....doesn't seem likely.

They're flexing to see what our response will be. I'd say go ahead with the visit...if not they know we're their bitches.

They'd go to war over Nancy Pelosi visiting Taiwan?.....doesn't seem likely.

They're flexing to see what our response will be. I'd say go ahead with the visit...if not they know we're their bitches.
It’s not an event in isolation.
I imagine they view it as another straw.

HONG KONG, July 18 (Reuters) - China has demanded that the United States immediately cancel its latest arms sale to Taiwan, the Chinese state broadcaster reported on Monday, citing the country's Ministry of National Defence.

The Pentagon said on Friday that the U.S. State Department had approved the potential sale of military technical assistance to Taiwan worth an estimated $108 million.

What if Xi channels his inner JFK and issues a ‘quarantine’ on the island and insists they won’t allow weapons to be imported because it undermines their national security?

‘Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead’?

It’s not an event in isolation.
I imagine they view it as another straw.

HONG KONG, July 18 (Reuters) - China has demanded that the United States immediately cancel its latest arms sale to Taiwan, the Chinese state broadcaster reported on Monday, citing the country's Ministry of National Defence.

The Pentagon said on Friday that the U.S. State Department had approved the potential sale of military technical assistance to Taiwan worth an estimated $108 million.

What if Xi channels his inner JFK and issues a ‘quarantine’ on the island and insists they won’t allow weapons to be imported because it undermines their national security?

‘Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead’?

Taiwan is absolutely no threat to mainland China...JFC.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
One thing that unites this country is a hatred for China. Not the people, the CCP. Dems and Reps all can call that spade a spade.
Nah, Dem and GOP VOTERS, us commoners, are united in our hatred of the CCP. The problem is the Dem and GOP politicians we vote for love to crawl into bed with the CCP and take that money and sell out our country.

Why we have not taken drastic measures as a country to move our manufacturing out of China and diversify it to more friendly countries or, gasp, bring it back home, is beyond me. It is obvious the CCP is a threat to our national security yet our politicians do nothing about it.

Was Cuba a threat to the U.S.?
More to it than merely Taiwan or Cuba in both scenarios, honestly.
The Soviets put nuclear missiles in Cuba…we aren’t doing that in Taiwan.

Not comparable.

We didn’t threaten the Soviets for visiting Cuba….

She drew the line in the sand....and has defended that line ever since...so yes. Nancy is one tough cookie...and of course sem, you misunderstood/ misinterpreted what I said......once again.
As Speaker of the House, has Nancy Pelosi ever presided over a year that didn’t see at least a trillion dollar increase in Federal debt?

Yep ultimately our leaders have much more to lose from an economic war with China then theirs do.

And while it would hurt them they still can sell to Western Europe. So it's not like if they cut us off they couldn't sell their cheap goods anywhere. They would be cut off from a major market but it's not the only market out there.
Tell me you know nothing about China....

China has everything to lose. Much more than the US or the west.

China's economy is trash right now and likely to get worse. We are not beholden to them really at all

Is that a job requirement...or just another “scab picking” complaint? Who the phuque cares?
People who understand the consequences care.

Last year the federal government spent 392 billion dollars just on interest for outstanding debt.

How stupid would someone have to be to not care about that?

Show us…

People who understand the consequences care.

Last year the federal government spent 392 billion dollars just on interest for outstanding debt.

How stupid would someone have to be to not care about that?

Show us…
So, it’s all pelosi’s fault? Good to know. She’s the one who dreamed up tax cuts and money give-always? Or is she the one who has to put the sausage in its casing? But it’s good to know we now know who to blame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT