ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Hassel's dad reacts to Luka not winning AP National Player of the Year

Children love shiny, flashy things, and Obi Toppin is the shiny, flashy toy that the voters are looking for. He is the cheap $1 chinese toy where Garza is the G.I. Joe
The majority of Hasbro toys are made in Asia if I’m not mistaken. Just sayin...

Hass your dad seen Toppin play many games on tape. If not then no basis for BS opinion. Both are very good players in different ways
That really isn't the point at all, because I can guarantee you that most of the voters for this award saw very few actual games by both players either. They saw the highlights, which is why Toppin won. What Garza DID against the level of competition he played wasn't equaled by anyone, not even close. The only other player in the vote who played on a team that had a somewhat similar schedule was the big man from KU, and his numbers pale in comparison. This really should have been a no brainer, which of course going by what we usually see from these hacks is exactly what we got.

The only other player in the vote who played on a team that had a somewhat similar schedule was the big man from KU, and his numbers pale in comparison.
Also, as you've said, what Garza had to face from the bigs each game was more in line with what Azubuike faced.

They saw the highlights, which is why Toppin won.

His dunks are impressive for sure. Between the legs, around his waist, windmills, etc look great on Sportscenter. To me, as one who used to play golf (and wasn't very good), it's like a Long-Drive champion who can drive a tee shot 400+ yards. People say "Wow!!" But, how many of those gifted long-drivers are PGA champions? Dayton fans are happy with how their season worked out and that's great! They are also happy for Toppin. He's definitely a showman and crowd pleaser, which is also great for fandom.

Then there's Luka:

Garza is the G.I. Joe

Luka is the example of hard work, determination, and grit. He is the "Swiss Army Knife" of the team. He has improved his overall game in a short period of time, and his stats bear this out. He is a Concensus All-American for a number of reasons. To me, in addition to his numbers and his ability to affect a game, he is an inspiration to not only other players and folks around the sport, but also to youngsters (both talented and not), to work hard, learn the game, and play with the team in mind as well. He also inspires many of us as well. No matter what, work hard, put the time in, and pay attention to detail and you can succeed.

His dunks are impressive for sure. Between the legs, around his waist, windmills, etc look great on Sportscenter. To me, as one who used to play golf (and wasn't very good), it's like a Long-Drive champion who can drive a tee shot 400+ yards. People say "Wow!!" But, how many of those gifted long-drivers are PGA champions? Dayton fans are happy with how their season worked out and that's great! They are also happy for Toppin. He's definitely a showman and crowd pleaser, which is also great for fandom.
Then there's Luka: Luka is the example of hard work, determination, and grit. He is the "Swiss Army Knife" of the team. He has improved his overall game in a short period of time, and his stats bear this out. He is a Concensus All-American for a number of reasons. To me, in addition to his numbers and his ability to affect a game, he is an inspiration to not only other players and folks around the sport, but also to youngsters (both talented and not), to work hard, learn the game, and play with the team in mind as well. He also inspires many of us as well. No matter what, work hard, put the time in, and pay attention to detail and you can succeed.

but is he a unanimous all american?

must be embarrassing to see a no star recruit out perform your 4 star guy. I guess you all have football season to look forward to until OSU wins B1G again
Yes! Thank You! Thank You for making our point! Thats exactly the point. He DIDN'T outperform Garza in ANY measurable way. He didn't, and no highlight dunk film is going to change that FACT.

Yes! Thank You! Thank You for making our point! Thats exactly the point. He DIDN'T outperform Garza in ANY measurable way. He didn't, and no highlight dunk film is going to change that FACT.
He knows that his guy didn't outperform Luka. He's an OSU troll who's pissed that when we go to Columbus in October and whip their ass, his pride will be buried.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT