ADVERTISEMENT

CJ Stroud makes major donation to Ohio State's Collective

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Hopefully we will start seeing contributions like this to SWARM from younger Iowa NFL players who got NIL money.

The SWARM CEO has stated that older Iowa NFL players who never got NIL haven't donated to SWARM.

Good for him. If I were to win the PowerBall jackpot this week I would donate a generous sum to the swarm ....... but I would not earmark a single cent to the football program until an OC is hired AND the scheme is updated to resemble a modern offense. Wrestling needs help, that's where I would tag the donation.

Reactions: ellobo
th
-------->
th
11+milliondollar/year man

He may not have gotten NIL money at Iowa, but Iowa was good to him in many other ways ....congrats Kittle!
With his charisma, i hope he might consider helping the SWARM with other player alumni someday soon.

th
-------->
th

He may not have gotten NIL money at Iowa, but Iowa was good to him in many other ways ....congrats Kittle!
With his charisma, i hope he might consider helping the SWARM with other player alumni someday soon.
Well all you have to do is google "george kittle foundations" or something like that to see he is involved with something call TAPS which might be related to vets, another foundation concerned with raising money for Boys and Girls Clubs, another veterans org, and maybe other things.

Let him donate his time and money to where he wants to and to causes that might be well more important than Swarm.

That is great he donates to charity elsewhere. He seems like a great guy and i wasnt being sarcastic or judgmental in the post...i said i "hope" (as a fan) he could ringlead something with other successful alumni.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
If I had a guaranteed $36M, I'd know a number of people I'd give $50-100K to. Chump change.
Agree. To put that in perspective, donating $75k just based on the $36M…that’s the same as someone making $100,000 per year donating $208.

Where this becomes a game changer - and “rich getting richer” would be if/when one of the highest paid QBs making $50M per year (Burrows, Herbert, Jackson, Mahomes) ponies up a cool mil a year or more on top of what these collectives are already bringing in.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Given the Iowa OL history, would be cool if Iowa NFL lineman donated to the swarm NIL but could earmark it solely for O-lineman.

We may not be able to compete for the high end 5-star skill players but if we could guarantee a rock solid OL every year, that’s a helluva foundation for any Hawk team and recipe for consistent success imo.

I feel really uncomfortable suggesting how others should spend their money, or give to charity. Regarding former Hawkeyes in the NFL, a lot of them should be putting most of their spare $ into safe investments, since NFL is "Not For Long"

The argument of "these players should give back since they owe their careers to UofI" is a little weak in my opinion, given that the schools have already earned a ton of TV and ticket sales revenue thanks to the players.

Reactions: RLMHAWK
Cj stroud receiving hate mail from all the other nfl buckeye alums right now as we speak. Lol.

Good for him. If I were to win the PowerBall jackpot this week I would donate a generous sum to the swarm ....... but I would not earmark a single cent to the football program until an OC is hired AND the scheme is updated to resemble a modern offense. Wrestling needs help, that's where I would tag the donation.
Wrestling needs help. That will be the only way we can catch up width PS.

Reactions: nu2u
th
-------->
th

This is his George's 7th NFL season. His career earnings total $48,505,903.

Next year he is scheduled to make $14,000,000.

Agree. To put that in perspective, donating $75k just based on the $36M…that’s the same as someone making $100,000 per year donating $208.

Where this becomes a game changer - and “rich getting richer” would be if/when one of the highest paid QBs making $50M per year (Burrows, Herbert, Jackson, Mahomes) ponies up a cool mil a year or more on top of what these collectives are already bringing in.

IIRC, Mahomes bought his wife a soccer club and he is part owner of the Kansas City Royals

• Wow
Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT