ADVERTISEMENT

Clark’s body language is letting us know we’re in for a loooong year

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
She mentally gave up today after the big missed the layup right before the half.

Last year was our year & Caitlin knows that.

I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling Caitlin will be frustrated all year long.

This is a top 20 team this year. Maybe top 25 at best.

And don’t even get me started on Martin & Marshall’s worthless play this season.

She mentally gave up today after the big missed the layup right before the half.

And don’t even get me started on Martin & Marshall’s worthless play this season.
Can't disagree, but I still think Clark looked under the weather. Her legs were not in her jump shot all night. When Bluder sat her for three minutes in the first quarter, I was pretty sure something was up. I think even more then MC, we miss Warnocks toughness, and three point shooting.

Something was wrong tonight with Clark. She looked sick or something. All her shots were short, lack of intensity, and really bad body language. She would miss a shot and just stand there pouting while her teammates were running back on defense. She should have been benched.

Can't disagree, but I still think Clark looked under the weather. Her legs were not in her jump shot all night. When Bluder sat her for three minutes in the first quarter, I was pretty sure something was up. I think even more then MC, we miss Warnocks toughness, and three point shooting.
Ya at least a couple times during the broadcast the announcers commented how Clark looked fatigued. I would agree that we are sorely missing Warnock, though I thought Sydney stepped up and did some good things tonight. I think Clark as a player is missing Monica the most though. Our bigs don’t get down the court as fast as Mon, though K state had great transition defense which played a role I think in some of her frustration tonight (the baskets didn’t come easy). Wish Bluder would have went to the bench a bit more with Feuerbach or even McCabe to see if we could get anything more going on offense.

Yeah, I was screaming at the TV on multiple occasions as Clark was standing around bitching at the refs. KS was in her head from the beginning of the game and it showed. It was such an Iowa performance, doesn’t matter the sport(other than wrestling under Gable), we just suck as the higher ranked team and always play better as the underdog.

Clark didn't look right from the opening tip and the rest of the team was off as a result. She looked like she was under the weather and not 100% out there. Some of that was the defense KState was playing, but everything was short and she looked slow tonight.

Yeah I'd like to see more McCabe and Feuerbach . The biggest problem though is they don't have a big like they've had the last 8-9 years
That's why you don't f*** around, and go into the transfer portal to get a big, and if they don't want to go to Iowa because of Caitlin or they don't like the state or the school or they think we're too white (which is actually most of the reason when you look at the makeup of the team), then drag their asses here anyway kicking and screaming and force them to play so we can win a got dam national championship................

Problem solved.

I would have been pissed too if I were Clark and I'm getting mugged all night and getting Zero help from my team for most of the night. Molly had a good second half. Syd was being aggressive on D. Most of the team was lost offensively. Kylie or Taylor should have been in the game instead of a 2nd post.

What?? That same Caucasian team was just 3 black refs away from being national champions.

Glad those SEC officials got called out for screwing Iowa.

And I’m an official btw.
All the stars aligned last year. This year ain't last year. Even you couldn't have predicted that run.

Derp!

Read OP’s post. 🤦🏽‍♂️
I did and I agree with it. Also derp is that this team was made into the second coming of the Lakers and Celtics rolled into one. It isn't. They had a magical season and run. That is done. I admire that they almost won the whole thing but that's an exception rather than the rule at Iowa. Part of that reason is team composition. You can read into that what you want. We will see at the end of this season and future years how they fare. I'll eat some crow if they make the final 4.

Worst game in a long time. Hawks have a big bullseye on their back. KSU kept throwing big bodies at Cailtin and wore her down. Not a good shooting night. Martin didn't play great and Gabby couldn't hit a house last night. Hannah disappeared in the second half and our other bigs have a long ways to go. Altoffer and Davis played hard, the only real positive.

KSU had a lot to do with it. They were aggressive and physical. Very tall at every position. They came in and smacked us in the mouth.

Better to lose now than later.

Maybe Jake from State Farm (and others) are taking to much practice and sleeping time away from LAST years MVP.

We will simply have no answer for athletic bigs. Sharon and Addy have their plusses but getting down low and "brawling" (please understand what I mean) isn't their game. You can't play defense against a 6' 6" solidly built gal from behind her all night. What happened is what will happen--it looked like a high school game where you just throw it up high and the big girl just reaches over everyone and takes the layup.

This is just my opinion. The team goes as Caitlin goes. No secret there. Last night I watched a Caitlin without all her tools. Her first step was slow. The first three offensive plays were designed for her, and her shots were short. But that's when I noticed she had a farmer's tan. Her arms were bright red. I don't know what she had been doing during the day, but the weather was sunny and nice. I think she found out she isn't Superwoman. She knew it and so did Bluder knew it when Caitlin made a 3 just before half and a timeout was called. Bluder got into her ear about something. Give K-State credit, they played great defense and their big was using her size and capitalized on it.

Reactions: amahawk
At least Bluder can't blame it on officiating this year (20-12 advantage).

Gabby may be an all-world defender, but I'm not sure they can wait 25 games for her to start hitting wide open 3's this year.

• Love
Reactions: HIWILLE
If K-state makes 30% of the 2' shots they missed the game is a blowout loss.

I thought Clarks shoulder shrugs and continuous complaining to the officials had decreased last year, but as soon as things got tough she resorted back to doing that stuff again and it affected her play. She was still complaining about 1 missed call 2 trips to the defensive end.....If you can't get passed that stuff and play through some adversity it's going to affect your game and your teammates....

Need other players to step up. Pretty tough to depend on Clark hitting bombs all season.

Even Steph Curry has off nights.

Didn’t expect them to go undefeated. They do need to find other players for March. Odds are Clark isn’t going to be on fire for six straight games.

If K-state makes 30% of the 2' shots they missed the game is a blowout loss.

I thought Clarks shoulder shrugs and continuous complaining to the officials had decreased last year, but as soon as things got tough she resorted back to doing that stuff again and it affected her play. She was still complaining about 1 missed call 2 trips to the defensive end.....If you can't get passed that stuff and play through some adversity it's going to affect your game and your teammates....
Iowa missed a bunch of shots as well. Including some bunnies. And yes, Clark seemed off from the get go. We got there about 40 minutes early and even in warmups she seemed slow. One thing Iowa could have done better is get the ball inside. KSU big gal had two early fouls. We should have gone inside a bunch after that to get a shot, or get her another foul or two.

Just an odd game. Inconsistent officiating, lots of bumping and grabbing. A ton of loose balls. Good defense by KSU, I will give them that. I think Iowa will be fine.

Rankings in basketball mean absolutely nothing.
It’s for the fans, not the players.
Players want to win and don’t give a shit if their opponent is a ranked team.
March madness is where you want to be playing your best basketball.
Iowa was handicapped from the beginning of this season when Bluder didn’t get a polished big in the transfer portal. She has a bunch of guards that can’t shoot. Warnock was a huge loss and Marshall and Martin should be riding pine.
Taylor and Kyli should be getting a lot more minutes because they’re both better shooters.

I was thinking the exact same thing after that debacle last night. CC was po'd from the start, then became upset with the officials, then could not hit a shot, and other players stood around and watched. All of a sudden, I think this team has chemistry problems and CC is becoming impatient with other's lack of effort/growth. Not to mention Bluder was out-coached.

Agree it is going to be a disappointing year and she will go wnba next year.

I did and I agree with it. Also derp is that this team was made into the second coming of the Lakers and Celtics rolled into one. It isn't. They had a magical season and run. That is done. I admire that they almost won the whole thing but that's an exception rather than the rule at Iowa. Part of that reason is team composition. You can read into that what you want. We will see at the end of this season and future years how they fare. I'll eat some crow if they make the final 4.
Jesus, what a gigantic bitch.

Clark caught Angel Reese disease. Too much attention
Now THAT is a very large leap that I don't think I can ever take.
Clark had a bad game, and as many players of her type do (Bohannon comes to mind), she kept firing. There's the old adage of "a shooter has to shoot their way out of a slump" but also the "when it's not your night try to feed those who's it is".
She may be ill, as some have speculated, or just had a not good night. Regardless, she is NOT anywhere near the fecal impaction Reese is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT