ADVERTISEMENT

What a great Iowa victory tonight!!!!

ichawk24

HR Legend
Nov 21, 2005
The crowd was big and lively. I was really surprised that the place was nearly full with the terrible cold and the blowing 2 feet of fresh snow. I had been guessing 12k to 13k would show up, but it must've been 14,500+. There must have been a lot of last-minute ticket swapping from those who lived afar to send those tickets to locals, thanks to everyone who did that. We were in our seats 50 minutes before the game, and there was a giant Carver Cone line already. Fans were not going to miss this matchup.

Caitlin was her usual greatness, though her shot was off early. Molly Davis THE HEADBAND carried the team for stretches and had probably her best game as a Hawkeye.

Goodman did her best to contain Holmes, who is a load. Holmes killed us in the first half with her passing, but that facet seemed to go away in the second half. I think our second half defense took away her passing, Clark was very active on the pass denial. Goodman tried to defend admirably, and ADDISON O'GRADY came in and game us some great defensive minutes. Holmes seemed to get frustrated and wilt in the second half, and they they seemed to bench her for 5 minutes in the 4th? WTF was that, its like their coach kind of gave up early.

Then everything just started going our way. Clark being Clark. The headband pushing pace. Kate Martin pulling down 12 boards. GABBIE nailing 4 treys for her third straight game. Affolter making key plays, including the shot clock buzzer beater dagger. Clark buries a long high-arching 3 to get to 30 and light the place on fire. Carver was rocking and it was awesome.

What a night. What a team. Lets keep it rolling ladies!!!

A very nice victory for sure. It is almost a crime that Bluder did not bring in another Center from the portal this preceding offseason.

IMO this team is F4 when an high percentage of outside shots are falling but If Goodman is on the floor for more than a few minutes against tall athletic teams like LSU/USC/UCLA they are fvcked. Pray for Stuelke to stay out of foul trouble and hope that O’Grady steps up.

A very nice victory for sure. It is almost a crime that Bluder did not bring in another Center from the portal this preceding offseason.

IMO this team is F4 when an high percentage of outside shots are falling but If Goodman is on the floor for more than a few minutes against tall athletic teams like LSU/USC/UCLA they are fvcked. Pray for Stuelke to stay out of foul trouble and hope that O’Grady steps up.
So you know she didn’t attempt to bring someone in? She did. Goof.

Bluder did try to bring a Center in to help replace Czinano, I did not claim she did not try goofball. She failed … and that is a damn shame.
I guess its just a bit harsh to say "failed". From my recollection there really was only one true big that would be considered an upgrade and she went elsewhere. Its not like the men where there are hundreds of guys in the portal. The only other really good players were not really positions of need. Both HVL and Morrow went to LSU, (coat tail hangers) and probably wouldn't have been a good chemistry fit for this team.

Every once in a while we get glimpses from AOG that she will step up when called upon like she did in last years tourney.

Bluder did try to bring a Center in to help replace Czinano, I did not claim she did not try goofball. She failed … and that is a damn shame.
Sorry, in your statement you said she didn't bring in a center to replace Czinano.
When I read it, I felt the same way in what you said. After you replied here we understood what you meant.
Why did you call him a goofball?. No need for that.

Not a shame…according to you a crime.
Dolt
I said “almost a crime” idiot. Process words before you reply and try to comprehend what is written - I did not in any way claim that Bluder did not attempt to recruit a portal Center as you stated in your first reply to me.

Anyone got the scoop on what Dochterman tweeted about post-game to the effect “Iowa security kicked out IU parents talking to their daughters after the game?”

What a loser you are for bringing this shit up in this thread.

crying-baby-pout-2n2jpmlap9v4ltek.gif

As you can see in the video below, the fans still showed up for the 7 pm CT tip despite the very cold weather, the snow covered roads and having to deal with parking.

Carver Hawkeye Arena comes alive when the fans are ALIVE and PRESENT.

Check this out & watch:

O"Grady stepped up huge last night despite some quick foul trouble. I was actually screaming for Bluder to get her in the game earlier. MM wasn't hitting her free throws so I would have brought AOG in for about 2-3 minutes per quarter and just let her to do her best Mutombo impression and fouls be damned. She had some nice blocks and frustrated Indiana for the minutes she played.

Anyone got the scoop on what Dochterman tweeted about post-game to the effect “Iowa security kicked out IU parents talking to their daughters after the game?”
Same thing they do after every event at Carver, they kick you out eventually. You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here.

My guess is security is under orders to get people out of the stadium as soon as possible after a game because employees can only work so long. If you don't get people to move they will stay there and talk forever. I'm betting it's no different than other places. Now, if they were doing this 10 minutes after the game was over that is dumb, but if it's 30-45 minutes I don't think it is unreasonable to start getting people to leave.

O"Grady stepped up huge last night despite some quick foul trouble. I was actually screaming for Bluder to get her in the game earlier. MM wasn't hitting her free throws so I would have brought AOG in for about 2-3 minutes per quarter and just let her to do her best Mutombo impression and fouls be damned. She had some nice blocks and frustrated Indiana for the minutes she played.
I agree and it will be huge if she can step up and contribute the rest of the season and especially the NCAA tourney.

O'Grady played really well her freshman year I thought. Kinda puzzling why she isn't getting more minutes. I have a feeling if she was getting the minutes Goodman is she would get better and better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT