ADVERTISEMENT

Clark's Shooting Motion

I was also going to comment on her shot strength. On that shot from the center logo the other night, the ball just flew from her hand like a shot. Has to be wrist because it didn't seem like her forearm was that fast. Just my observation.....

If she comes back next year, she will witness Coach Bluder's 900th career win as a coach. Too bad it's not 1000th, otherwise it would have more attraction.

Well, any top tier player is going to be just as strong with their off leg as they are their primary leg. Something tells me that Caitlyn was probably the best player on the field in just about any soccer game she ever played.
My thought was she did it more out of habit than from a strength perspective but I can see why you thought that’s what I meant. Hawkfan08 replied to my post too as he’s very knowledgeable about soccer and his explanation made more sense than mine. As a soccer coach he explained various ways soccer has likely helped Clark in basketball, which was very interesting.

In nearly every long distance shot she takes one constant is the alignment of her shoulders to the basket. They're always squared up regardless of the position of her lower torso and legs. Secondly, she strokes the ball in her shooting motion with a release point above her head just like a male shooter as opposed to pushing it from her chest like most women do. Finally, the coordination between her legs and chest/arms have to be spot on to generate the strength to launch her shot from such great distances.

Signed Jimmy Furyk.

#3 all time money winner at over $70m.

55ad9b09b01eefe207f7d113_instruction-2013-06-furyk-swing.gif
Jim Furyk 🤝 Syd Affolter.

I think people get thrown off by the fact that since she gets marked so closely all the time, she's had to come up with unconventional launch angles to get shots off. She rarely tho shoots where she's not in control of what she's doing, and has simply turned her jumper into a super-quick shooting motion. On rare occasions where she gets to put up a clean shot because the defense lost her somehow, her shot looks much more traditional.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I'd love to see her back one more year. But competitively she has very little left to prove; it's not like that NIL/sponsorship money is going to disappear when she goes to the WNBA (and likely gets more as she'd have additional markets to tap, plus the WNBA pay so the narrative that it's a money-loser if/when she goes doesn't ring true to me.
I think her agent would talk to Indiana and make sure she gets more money than a rookie. The league needs her more than she needs them. Go Caitlin

I'm not sure if I would teach someone to use the same shooting motion as Clark's. She almost never goes straight up and down and lands on her left leg more than both legs and fades to her left. What is more, given that she doesn't have the greatest shooting mechanics I wonder how she is able to do what, and how, she is able to generate enough power with using almost always just one leg. I think it makes her even more great, special, and unique.
Obviously her shot isn’t working for her.

I think her agent would talk to Indiana and make sure she gets more money than a rookie. The league needs her more than she needs them. Go Caitlin

As far as I know those rookie contracts are set, no negotiating. WNBA has strict rules on contract because they can’t afford the massive contracts - hopefully that’s something that begins to change.

If anyone knows WNBA rules better, correct me if I have that wrong.

I noticed that too. Her shot is more side to side than over and over. I thought that was just a hiccup the first two shots she took, but now I think that's just the way she shoots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT