ADVERTISEMENT

C'mon Nebraska!

Hell no! I will pull for every Big Ten team except Nebraska. I hope they get completely embarrassed 62-0 just so I can sit back and watch them whine and complain about officiating and making a move to get Belichick in there next year because he's sick of being accused of cheating in NE.

Ya gots to represent! Some are calling this the Has Been Bowl.

I'd like to see the B1G look good besides OSU
If you look back at history and the way Nebraska built their dynasty, it is not surprising to see them fall to the back of the pack. The still have history and tradition going for them, but they have many of the disadvantages of a low population state. Unlimited scholarships, local towns creating scholarships, and multiple partial qualifiers are all gone. They have the facilities, the money, the fans, the tradition. But it may not be enough. The glory days are going to be hard to recapture in the current landscape.

Reactions: icu81222
Tommy Armstrong is crap.

Actually, Tommy is playing pretty well.......the only one who is. He threw that late 1st half INT on a miscommunication with a freshman receiver. He hasn't been helped by several drops, and several long completions brought back by penalty. Armstrong is playing well......too bad no one else is.

Miami fans also vote with banners. Last week was a banner to fire Golden. This week the banner mentioned how expensive flying banners are and to fire Golden already.

53,000 fans?
Im-allergic-to-bullshit-GIF.gif

Reactions: 3boysmom
Miami fans will not accept mediocrity and the fans vote with their fannies.

Actually if you knew the history you would know that Miami fans have rarely packed that stadium. Even in the 80s when they were dominant.

53,580 is the announced attendance

Sun Life Stadium capacity is 76,100 so there is no way there are 53,800 in attendance. I have watched many games @ Joe Robbie Stadium AKA Sun Life and I would be surprised if there are 45,000 in attendance. I lived in Miami and attended games at the old Orange Bowl in Miami's hey day with Jimmie Johnson and believe me when Miami is winning and a national contender the front running Miami fans show up.

If you look back at history and the way Nebraska built their dynasty, it is not surprising to see them fall to the back of the pack. The still have history and tradition going for them, but they have many of the disadvantages of a low population state. Unlimited scholarships, local towns creating scholarships, and multiple partial qualifiers are all gone. They have the facilities, the money, the fans, the tradition. But it may not be enough. The glory days are going to be hard to recapture in the current landscape.
The "local towns creating scholarships" issue is questionable. When I was in high school, my teachers/coaches were from small Nebraska towns and went to small Nebraska colleges and wee big Husker fans, and they talked about these county scholarships.

However, in my brief time on the Husker board prior to receiving the ban hammer, I mentioned it in passing once and set off a firestorm of ridicule and guffawing. Apparently, this is not true but is an extremely familiar claim. I can't help thinking there is something behind the story, but whatever it is, it isn't quite as cut-and-dried as I was led to believe.

Actually if you knew the history you would know that Miami fans have rarely packed that stadium. Even in the 80s when they were dominant.

Sorry, I am aware of the history having lived in Miami for about 20 years and attended many of those games in the 80s during the Johnson era. In fact, I was in attendance for the "Miracle in Miami."

Last edited:
The "local towns creating scholarships" issue is questionable. When I was in high school, my teachers/coaches were from small Nebraska towns and went to small Nebraska colleges and wee big Husker fans, and they talked about these county scholarships.

However, in my brief time on the Husker board prior to receiving the ban hammer, I mentioned it in passing once and set off a firestorm of ridicule and guffawing. Apparently, this is not true but is an extremely familiar claim. I can't help thinking there is something behind the story, but whatever it is, it isn't quite as cut-and-dried as I was led to believe.

The "county scholarships" is nothing more than a fable.

Sorry I do know the history having lived in Miami for about 20 years and attended many of those games in the 80s during the Johnson era. In fact, I was in attendance for the "Miracle in Miami."

Then the national championships and marquee games weren't enough. Hell with mediocrity, those fans didn't accept excellence.

Hell no! I will pull for every Big Ten team except Nebraska. I hope they get completely embarrassed 62-0 just so I can sit back and watch them whine and complain about officiating and making a move to get Belichick in there next year because he's sick of being accused of cheating in NE.
The announcers tried to provide an excuse right after it was 14 zero. Claiming the heat was a disadvantage to them.

Yeah, half the country played 2 weeks ago in 100 degrees. Idiots

Let's just keep the talk about how our national championship aspirations are now moot.

:)

LOL - I hope u were joking bout national championship talk (even b4 Miami game). LoneClone - guess u aren't so bad if u got banned from fusker board. I did too - those people are babies.:)

LOL - I hope u were joking bout national championship talk (even b4 Miami game). LoneClone - guess u aren't so bad if u got banned from fusker board. I did too - those people are babies.:)

Of course I was. Or was I?

I will say this, despite the score the entire 2nd half MIami has done everything in their power to drag Nebraska back into this game. They are playing about as stupid as you can.

It's weird to me that Miami would sell tickets to the ends ones before the middle is filled up. Some of the views they showed just look crazy empty. Wouldn't look so bad if they filled up the sidelines first.

Miami doing their absolute best to piss this one away. Really sloppy and undisciplined this entire second half. Several dumb penalties with 2 TDS being called back. Nebby showed some heart. Miami showed why their fans want their coach fired.

B1G crew trying to give Nebby a shot.

What calls have been bad. Miami is handing this game over. It has nothing to do with the refs. Give some credit to Nebraska because they are taking advantage but Miami has been playing poorly. TD's getting called back, dropping passes, blitzing when they don't need to. It's just an awful performance.

If I didn't know better I would say Canes are point shaving. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT