ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Celine has instantly turned Colorado into today’s version of the 80’s Hurricanes

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

HR Heisman
Apr 17, 2002
Overnight they’ve become America’s most hated team.

Even though I’m a Colorado State fan, I’ve always kind of liked Colorado too.

It’s 50% the media’s fault for having Coach Celine talked about or interviewed on EVERY show almost daily.

I liked Coach C more when I didn’t have to hear him or his boy talk. The more I hear from both of them it’s just hard not to root against them.

It’s 50% the media’s fault for having Coach Celine talked about or interviewed on EVERY show almost daily.

I liked Coach C more when I didn’t have to hear him or his boy talk. The more I hear from both of them it’s just hard not to root against them.
I see what you did. Nice!

This is how I am starting to feel about the whole thing as well. At first, I thought it was cool that there was a lot of buzz around Boulder and the program. I also loved Deion as a player, but the last couple of weeks have been a lot.

His son trying to fabricate this whole beef with Matt Ruhl is so dumb. I understand players and coaches come up with fake narratives all of the time to find motivation but to take it to the media just makes you sound like an idiot, especially when you made it all up. He said something about Rhule being disrespectful and "stepping on the Buff logo" during pregame when really he was leading a team prayer, which Shedeur attempted to break up. He then tried to say Rhule spent the offseason "bad-mouthing my pops" which is also complete bullshit.

On top of that, the CU fans, who have really been non-existent the 10+ years I've lived out here, are now all of a sudden vocal and very confident that the program is destined for sustained success. There's this new arrogance with the fanbase that I already don't like.

Go Rams!

I see what you did. Nice!
He’s got to earn his way up to be called Coach Celine Deion.

Then Coach Deion

Then Coach Deion Sanders

Then Coach Prime Time

Then Coach Prime.

So far he’s done jack. Beating an average Big12 team & a Group of 5 (program wise) dumpster fire.

Unless he wins 10 games this year, he’ll be entering 2024 as Coach Celine yet again.

Plus I don’t think his boy will make it through the season.

He’s scrawny & now mouthing off. Whew, that’s just begging to get crushed to end your season.

I couldn’t believe they still had him in there late & throwing out of shotgun that whole drive toward the end.

Even Nebber was getting some shots on him. Colorado’s just lucky that taking shots from Nebbers is still relatively safe. 😂

One of Prime's past deals:

Sanders made the Yankees' Opening Day roster for the 1990 season.[16] On May 22, 1990, Sanders became involved in a dispute with Chicago White Sox catcher Carlton Fisk. Sanders started by stepping up to the plate with one out and a runner on third, drawing a dollar sign in the dirt before the pitch and then failed to run to first base after hitting a routine pop fly to shortstop, trotting back to the dugout instead. The Yankee fans booed, and Fisk told Sanders to run the ball out and called Sanders a "piece of shit". Later in the game, Sanders told Fisk that "the days of slavery are over". Fisk was furious. "He comes up and wants to make it a racial issue, there's no racial issue involved. There is a right way and a wrong way to play this game."[17][18][19]

Sanders made the Yankees' Opening Day roster for the 1990 season.[16] On May 22, 1990, Sanders became involved in a dispute with Chicago White Sox catcher Carlton Fisk. Sanders started by stepping up to the plate with one out and a runner on third, drawing a dollar sign in the dirt before the pitch and then failed to run to first base after hitting a routine pop fly to shortstop, trotting back to the dugout instead. The Yankee fans booed, and Fisk told Sanders to run the ball out and called Sanders a "piece of shit". Later in the game, Sanders told Fisk that "the days of slavery are over". Fisk was furious. "He comes up and wants to make it a racial issue, there's no racial issue involved. There is a right way and a wrong way to play this game."[17][18][19]
Sounds about right for Coach Celine.

I liked him better the less I knew about him.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan
Bunch of Iowa racists in this thread, but then again that makes perfect sense. Iowa fans and football program are both synonymous with racism. Why do Iowa fans hate African Americans in general and African American Coaches in particular??? Why must you openly mock African American names??? Iowa fans are classless trash, that must be the answer.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Bunch of Iowa racists in this thread, but then again that makes perfect sense. Iowa fans and football program are both synonymous with racism. Why do Iowa fans hate African Americans in general and African American Coaches in particular??? Why must you openly mock African American names??? Iowa fans are classless trash, that must be the answer.
Barack Obama won Iowa twice in presidential elections. He lost by a landslide in Nebraska twice.
Who are the racists?

Coach prime is more chris doyle than chris doyle

Carlton Fisk would have murdered him lol

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
Nah. Deion is just a narcissistic, self-absorbed, drama queen. That's the answer.

I think his system is to get hard working, focused and talented athletes on the field. Then have them well coached. I do not see something similar to the U.

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
I don't get the hate for Prime.

He took over a craptastic team. He was hired to a) increase interest in the program and b) win games. He is doing both. He is brash and outspoken. Other coaches make brash statements, too, in order to fire up their team and fanbase. Brian Kelly predicted LSU would beat FSU a couple weeks ago. Didn't work out well for him.

I think the comparison to the 'Canes of the 80s and 90s is way off base until I see his guys acting like thugs on a regular basis. It takes more than 1 unsportsmanlike conduct to speak for the whole culture.

Alpha athletes use any possible slight to fuel the fire. Watch Michael Jordan's HOF acceptance speech and thousands of other interviews with elite competitors over the years.

I get it that people don't like his personality. It's way to me-centered for my liking. But he is who he is and he's doing exactly what he was hired to do. For the next 3-4 years at least.

Most important thing is to “put your money where your mouth is.” Deion is doing that so far.

But Prime - take those damn sunglasses off indoors!

Go Buffs.

Reactions: amahawk
they have an absolute gauntlet approaching. Away next week at Oregon, followed by home against USC. The Pac12 is absolutely going out with a bang this year. Pulling for the beavers, but damn I do wish Iowa had Cameron Ward as their QB after watching Wazzu.

Reactions: amahawk
i just don't like how he chose to inject race into his statement.
Who and What? If its Norvell, he was just stating how he was raised. Which is take off your sunglasses and cap when indoors . There is nothing racist about it . Its just common courtesy!

Who and What? If its Norvell, he was just stating how he was raised. Which is take off your sunglasses and cap when indoors . There is nothing racist about it . Its just common courtesy!
deon, "you are just scared of a strong, confident black man".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT