ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Moves

IAChief32

HR Heisman
Apr 21, 2017
We interrupt this regularly scheduled discussion of politics and religion to bring you news of coaching changes: Espo leaves OSU and will be the Head of Development at USA wrestling. Coleman Scott has "stepped away" from UNC but it seems he will head to OSU to be the head coach in waiting; lookw like the upcoming season will be the last for John.

Ramos is the interim head coach at UNC while they conduct the search.

Eh, I think I'm good. I'm not convinced he would move the needle with recruits, and a 3rd lightweight coach* doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

*Unless his name is Spencer Lee
No way - never enough light weight coaches around here!! Why even have any upper to middle weight coaches?

I think the joke went over your head.
pietro maximoff marvel GIF

Doh! Yeah… I might have been mixing up the comments. Lol Still don’t get it.
I think it was a post by @slushhead. It was a satire piece about Mike Evans' mustache not being impressed with Gilman. It is probably nearly a decade old now. I don't see the actual post when I search the forum, but I do see a few Mike Evans' mustache is not impressed references.

Reactions: el dub
I think it was a post by @slushhead. It was a satire piece about Mike Evans' mustache not being impressed with Gilman. It is probably nearly a decade old now. I don't see the actual post when I search the forum, but I do see a few Mike Evans' mustache is not impressed references.
I wonder if I originally read it on the old mat forums that came down last year. Anyway, I did find a copy of it on the PSU 247 site.

When told that Kyle Dake was moving up to 165, Evans weight at the time, and therefore having to go through both David Taylor and Kyle Dake, Mike said:

“I saw a lot of typical college matches, 1-point wins, nobody expanding the gap,” Evans said. “I’m not impressed.”

He also said this phrase a few other times, but I believe this was the first, and most ridiculous.

Last edited:
When told that Kyle Dake was moving up to 165, Evans weight at the time, and therefore having to go through both David Taylor and Kyle Dake, Mike said:

“I saw a lot of typical college matches, 1-point wins, nobody expanding the gap,” Evans said. “I’m not impressed.”

He also said this phrase a few other times, but I believe this was the first, and most ridiculous.

Doesn't surprise me Mike made that comment.
I would take Mike on the Iowa coaching staff anytime.

Thanks!

Reactions: el dub

Ridiculous indeed. To me, Dake going up to 165 to wrestle Taylor for all the marbles was about the ballsiest move I've ever seen in college wrestling. It doesn't get much more impressive than that! And thankfully for all of us fans it turned out being one of those matches for the ages. Two American beasts!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT