ADVERTISEMENT

Cobra Kai

I heard the synopsis of this show. So Johnny rescues some kid who was being picked on by bullies and that was his inspiration in re-opening Cobra Kai. Daniel sees the opening of Cobra Kai as a bad thing and does everything in his power to shut him down. It's just further proof that in the original movie Daniel was the real bad guy and Johnny was the victim. I see they are keeping up with the theme of Daniels aggressive nature towards Johnny, who only wants to do good.

So the whole idea that Johnny redeemed himself in the end - "You're alright, LaRusso!" - just got tossed. Then, in the parking lot, Kreese confronts Johnny who stands up for himself, Kreese breaks his trophy, and tries to beat him only to be thwarted by Mr. Miyagi. And Johnny still grows up to be a drunk loser who wants to be just like Kreese?

Reactions: Mattski
Had no idea this was out, I am going to have to catch this tonight.

Our local drive in theatre showed the original movie last week and got permission to show the first two episodes of this.

Did they release the whole season or are they doing a weekly thing? I watched the first one and liked it. A little cheesy, but that’s to be expected.

Did they release the whole season or are they doing a weekly thing? I watched the first one and liked it. A little cheesy, but that’s to be expected.
They released all ten episodes, you need Youtube Red to view 3-10. I will just sign up for the trial version to view the rest.

I was impressed, saw the first two last night. Good show. Ralph's acting has gotten a little worse over the years if that's possible but otherwise I like it.

giphy.gif

The entire season 1 is great. Daniel deserves every ass kicking he gets. He just can't keep his nose out of other peoples business. Now he hides behind a skirt. Johnny is a badass.
FYI: Daniels daughter..........WOOD
cobra-kai-trailer-700x300.jpg

I was impressed, saw the first two last night. Good show. Ralph's acting has gotten a little worse over the years if that's possible but otherwise I like it.
Last thing I remember seeing Ralph in was My Cousin Vinny. So Pony Boy is liable to be a bit rusty.

Last thing I remember seeing Ralph in was My Cousin Vinny. So Pony Boy is liable to be a bit rusty.
He’s had quite a few minor roles according to his Wiki page. The last time I saw him was a bit part on Entourage.

Daniel's daughter almost ruins the entire show. SO bad at acting and her "karate" irritates the shit out of me.

The Tory chick is an absolute babe though.. as is Daniel's wife

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT