ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Starting Up...

McLovin32

HB Legend
Feb 1, 2008
...this weekend. Big ol Georgia Tech fan here tomorrow! Anyways, with college football kickin off tomorrow, what's on everyone's menu? The wife and her sis(no pics of either) have requested I smoke some cream cheese, so I'm doing that immediately in the AM. Won't take long, low effort so I don't mind. Also going to throw together an elote dip with some good ol grilled Iowa sweetcorn. Still trying to figure out what else I'm going to make though. Also still booze free this weekend, so that sucks. Just going to have to go further into the depths of my THC addiction I suppose.

So whatcha cookin this weekend?

...this weekend. Big ol Georgia Tech fan here tomorrow! Anyways, with college football kickin off tomorrow, what's on everyone's menu? The wife and her sis(no pics of either) have requested I smoke some cream cheese, so I'm doing that immediately in the AM. Won't take long, low effort so I don't mind. Also going to throw together an elote dip with some good ol grilled Iowa sweetcorn. Still trying to figure out what else I'm going to make though. Also still booze free this weekend, so that sucks. Just going to have to go further into the depths of my THC addiction I suppose.

What do you do with the smoked cream cheese?

I was actually thinking of smoking some bone-in chicken thighs this weekend as I haven't tried those in the smoker yet. Maybe smoke some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers too. We'll see if I get motivated by tomorrow morning.

What do you do with the smoked cream cheese?

I was actually thinking of smoking some bone-in chicken thighs this weekend as I haven't tried those in the smoker yet. Maybe smoke some bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers too. We'll see if I get motivated by tomorrow morning.
Bone-in chicken thighs are one of my favorite things to do on the smoker. So difficult to mess up, and so delicious.

And I usually just have the smoked cream cheese w/ crackers and a pepper jelly or on a bagel. I'm pretty sure that's all my wife and her sis are planning to do too. With that said, if I'm feeling like really being a fatty, it does work great as a spread for a breakfast sandwich too.

Look at this edgelord
giphy.gif

What kind of fvcking loser picks the beginning of the football season to quit drinking?

He's still salty about the 2013 championship game. After the game they set up a little desk/set in the corner of the field and he tried to do a piece but the FSU fans piled in behind him and chanted "ACC" and "Finebaum sucks!" so loud and long that they had to abandon the set.
He’s just a miserable guy. I’ve never gotten the sense that he loves college football or is even particularly interested in it. It’s just the subject that worked for a call-in radio show in Alabama. He rode Saban’s coattails to an ESPN gig.

Now: Saban’s gone. Norvell turned Bama down. Finebaum’s wack pack is dead or dying. He’s not knowledgeable or entertaining. There’s no unique insight there. The writing’s on the wall.

Oh man, microwave that for a bit and I bet it's freaking amazing for that! Homemade or store bought?
We do homemade since we always have a ridiculous jalapeno yield. Usually its just jalapeno, green pepper, sugar, pectin, and vinegar. sometime i might add in strawberry, blackberry, mango, or cranberry.

Most commonly we eat it with crackers, but it goes really well with fried foods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT