ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend Menu

McLovin32

HR Legend
Feb 1, 2008
ITS FINALLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. I'm going to be smoking/grilling a bunch of wings tomorrow. The gf (no pics) requested some, so I'm happily doing that. Also going to make some homemade sweet pepper slaw with some veggies from the garden and cut up some watermelon. I think BLT's and sweet corn are lined up for Sunday afternoon.

What's on the menu this weekend, boyz?

Cut?

How do you cook them?
Sloppy

sloppy-steaks-slop-em-up.gif

I went with pineapple brats and a couple NY strips.

brats i boil in beer, butter, and onions then finish on grill.

steak I season with salt and pepper. grill over high heat 3 minutes a side.

I'm boring. I'm also playing NCAA 13

ITS FINALLY COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON. I'm going to be smoking/grilling a bunch of wings tomorrow. The gf (no pics) requested some, so I'm happily doing that. Also going to make some homemade sweet pepper slaw with some veggies from the garden and cut up some watermelon. I think BLT's and sweet corn are lined up for Sunday afternoon.

on my way

A big wine event in Sonoma county near Healdsburg.
Taste Destination 128 BBQ Cook-Off
August 26th, 2023 11am-4pm

The wineries of Taste Destination 128 invite you to join us for an afternoon of Wine & BBQ in the beautiful Alexander Valley!

You'll visit each participating winery to sample a mouthwatering BBQ dish that pairs perfectly with their wine. It's up to you to decide who has the winning pairing. All voters will be entered into a raffle to take home a gift basket filled with goodies from all participating wineries!

Advanced Ticket Prices
General - $80
Wine Club - $65*
Designated Driver - $35

*Club Members- contact your membership winery for promo code
Ticket price does not reflect applicable taxes and fees

Ticket price includes your wristband, a keepsake Taste Destination 128 wineglass + wine & BBQ tasting at each winery. It promises to be an afternoon full of food, fun, and great wine. We hope to see you there!​
Life is good​
S.gif
Participating Wineries

Alexander Valley Vineyards
Citrus Ginger Pulled Pork Tacos with a Fig & Apple Relish​

deLorimier Winery
Maple Bacon Salmon with Roasted Potatoes

Pech Merle Winery
Grilled Chicken Adobo with an Elote Salad

Ramazzotti Wines
Smoked Brisket Tacos with Pickled Vegetable Slaw

Soda Rock Winery
Braised Short Rib Nachos

Stuhlmuller Vineyards
Grilled Beef sliders with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions
& Fingerling Potato Salad

Trentadue Vineyards
Pulled Pork Sliders with Coleslaw​

It’s hot as balls in Htown this weekend (101 and 104), but I might brave it Saturday for BBQ chicken, Alabama white sauce with green beans and corn. Sunday - fresh salmon or snapper, kale salad with hot honey vinaigrette

Reactions: MR BEEBS
Today I have to go to a birthday for the one year old daughter of a niece. Tomorrow I get to go to a birthday party for the one year old daughter of a nephew. Yeah, two first birthdays in one damn weekend.
I’m thinking my weekend will include a lot of booze. Or maybe some cyanide.

Last edited:
Probably smoke some Polashek brats or make homemade pizza when I get home tonight. Working till 5pm every Saturday is for the birds and takes all enjoyment out of the CFB season.

Reactions: MR BEEBS

Thinking nothing says football like chili and wings….

It’s hot as balls in Htown this weekend (101 and 104), but I might brave it Saturday for BBQ chicken, Alabama white sauce with green beans and corn. Sunday - fresh salmon or snapper, kale salad with hot honey vinaigrette
All sounds great but you have access to fresh salmon in Houston?

It’s a dip weekend here. Homemade guacamole and salsa, buffalo chicken dip, spin art dip. Plan to graze all weekend.

My uncle is in Alaska fishing right now and sent me 30 lbs of salmon and 20 lbs of halibut. Next Sunday will be a seafood feast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT