ADVERTISEMENT

College leftists go all Charlottesville and put the Jew Hate on Full Power

Columbia University is now the University of Phoenix. It has announced classes will be remote for the rest of the year as anti-Israel protests rock the school. There are now growing calls for tuition refunds for the $70k a year college now that it has practically turned into an online school.
I know title vi and ix dont literally apply to religious discrmination in federally funded programs, but if they did, i honestly have a hard time understanding how the move to online classes wouldn't be close to a per se violation.

Can’t be surprised that the students missed the part of the lesson where they have to be peaceful to be effective. That would have required them to read history

Where did you learn that history? That rarely works (like MLK, Gandhi, and who else??) and frequently the peaceful protesters still get the shit kicked out of them by the cops. If we're going to invoke history, a lot of successful political revolutions were very violent

The Jewish population has been heavily represented in Americas academia since inception . They have had a heavy hand in creating the far left extremism prevalent on American campuses today.
There is a certain irony in what is currently happening. It is like a Pitbull owner who is shocked the dog he raised and trained is trying to rip his throat out.
You’re not entirely incorrect and I hope it results in a long overdue reset.

Reactions: stanzithemanzi12
Where did you learn that history? That rarely works (like MLK, Gandhi, and who else??) and frequently the peaceful protesters still get the shit kicked out of them by the cops. If we're going to invoke history, a lot of successful political revolutions were very violent
None of them tried to bludgeon a cop with an empty water bubbler though.

This one is being done by people cheering on Peace, Hamas and the Destruction of Israel all at the same time. Easily one of the dumbest protests in history by easily the dumbest people ever to protest.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

Protest <> Revolution

Oh…finally. How long have they known this? Longer than a week.

Edit - I just skimmed the thread…you are the only “moderate” who said anything negative about Gaetz. That’s my point. If Republicans are law and order they should have called for his ousting immediately. I don’t think there is a lib here that thinks Menendez should be in Congress. It’s BS he is. Republican voters don’t jump into those threads and agree with the Democrats…because they have been bred to hate us.

Last edited:
Menendez is still on the foreign relations committee.

Spare me.
And he shouldn’t be. Every democrat board member wants him launched. Comparing how we think about our scumbags is a wee bit different than how the Abbys of the board react to theirs. Always trying to equate right and left. Lame.

And he shouldn’t be. Every democrat board member wants him launched. Comparing how we think about our scumbags is a wee bit different than how the Abbys of the board react to theirs. Always trying to equate right and left. Lame.
The point is both parties are pretty feckless.

I’d make the argument what Menendez did is 10x worse than anything Santos did.

Santos was a non power having back bencher in the House.

Menendez was chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee.

The point is both parties are pretty feckless.

I’d make the argument what Menendez did is 10x worse than anything Santos did.

Santos was a non power having back bencher in the House.

Menendez was chairman of the Senate foreign relations committee.
I disagree with your first sentence. The parties, in 2024, are not remotely close to the same. Menendez is a PoS and should be removed. Despite having a beautiful daughter.

Time Thank You GIF by MSNBC

I'm radical left and definitely am no nazi.
as i've noted, the nazi references are completely unnecessary. the form of antisemitism practiced in the mid east and here by its proxies/cashpaying students stands perfectly well on its own two feet.

Reactions: Bishop-71

Gotta send in the National Guard to prevent these violent protestors from attacking anyone else like this.
If the end of that pointy flag went into his eyeball, what's the difference? I mean...it's not as bad as the "chemical attack" that Omar endured but it's still pretty damaging if it reached the eye.

The Jewish population has been heavily represented in Americas academia since inception . They have had a heavy hand in creating the far left extremism prevalent on American campuses today.
There is a certain irony in what is currently happening. It is like a Pitbull owner who is shocked the dog he raised and trained is trying to rip his throat out.
Best take I've seen on here in a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
If the end of that pointy flag went into his eyeball, what's the difference? I mean...it's not as bad as the "chemical attack" that Omar endured but it's still pretty damaging if it reached the eye.

Reporting "someone was stabbed in the eye" and reporting "someone was paint brushed with a flag and might have been poked in the eye" is a pretty big difference. And it is every bit as hyperbolic as Omar’s kid saying they were chemically attacked.

Reactions: Ree4 and Aardvark86
I see that Princeton students are about to create their own tent city, despite the fairly specific warnings of the administration. (The students' communication urges their fellows not to sweat it, since two 'palestine-friendly' professors sit on the expulsion review appeals committee).

• Wow
Reactions: seminoleed
BTW somewhat lost in all of this is another pet peeve of mine.

As I've said from time to time, modern university pricing - and particularly modern ivy league university pricing - is no different than drug pricing. High sticker prices to create false perceptions of value. Massive behind the scenes direct and third party subsidies to sustain the artificially high sticker prices and to facilitate non-transparent price discrimination among students. And most notably here (and actually distinct from the drug context), payment of the full freight high sticker prices by a material number of (generally foreign) students to, again, help subsidize the lower prices to the locals. Some of that, of course, is fine. But there comes a point when enough of the foreign students buying an ivy diploma don't actually buy into the very notion of the university enterprise, that the university enterprise becomes devalued.

LOL...you gotta read the fine print.

It’s true, the fact that CUAD organizers fundamentally reject bigotry and hate has not stopped unrelated actors from exploiting opportunities to shamefully harass Jewish students with grotesque or antisemitic statements.

When all else fails call them "unrelated actors" or "outside agitators", because that person perconally knows everyone who attends school there.

Reactions: Tom Paris
LOL...you gotta read the fine print.

It’s true, the fact that CUAD organizers fundamentally reject bigotry and hate has not stopped unrelated actors from exploiting opportunities to shamefully harass Jewish students with grotesque or antisemitic statements.

When all else fails call them "unrelated actors" or "outside agitators", because that person perconally knows everyone who attends school there.
No doubt there is at least some element of astroturf to these demonstrations. But that's ok, because there's some that clearly isn't. Just ask Omar's daughter.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Because Palestinians are being slaughtered in Gaza. In large part because that was a big part of Hamas' defense plan by placing military targets underneath civilian buildings and also because Israel hasn't put any effort into avoiding civilian casualties. In fact, in many cases have gone out of their way to cause them. This is definitely a case of "there are no good sides" and I find it a very challenging topic to discuss because of itit.
Hamas could simply surrender. They only will discuss a ceasefire. Why is the pressure on Israel to accept the terms Hamas wants but there is no discussion of Hamas surrendering?

Israel is not going back to the policies of the last 50 years. Nor should they.

Israel has avoided civilians deaths as much as anyone can in a war. Otherwise they could end this all in 2 weeks.

Hamas and their leaders in Qatar need to surrender. Iran needs to be punched in the mouth so hard they refuse to come out from under cover. They have funded most of this and it needs to end.

Blockade Iran's ports and take an ship with oil that tries to leave. Sell the oil captured and fund the recovery in Israel when the war is over with the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT