ADVERTISEMENT

Comprehensive thread of Trump being compared to God and Jesus. Just the subset.

I laugh pretty good every time I see the clip when Trumps asked about his favorite bible verses and which testament of the bible is his favorite. It's SPOT ON with a kid in class getting asked a question about an assignment that he didn't do and knows NOTHING about.

"I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal. You know, when I talk about the Bible, it's very personal, so I don't want to get into verses," Trump said, adding, "The Bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specifics."

Later in the interview, host John Heilemann asked Trump if he was "an Old Testament guy or a New Testament guy." "Probably equal," Trump said."

Can't give a wrong answer if you give no answer at all
4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.rsquare.w400.jpg

The difference between a cult and a religion is what happens when a person tries to leave.

Cults won't let them without repercussions...

God sentences you to eternal damnation. That seems like some serious repercussions, to me.

That doesn't even come close to addressing my point. You said you can't leave a cult without repercussions. The same is true, and a million times worse, with the god of the Christian bible.

In any mainstream Christian religion, a person can leave without repercussions.

Most Americans have left Churches and there's no repercussions whatsoever.

Could they be CHOOSING Hell by leaving?

That's not up to me.

I guess I would compare eternal damnation for leaving the Church, which is what they say you will get , with the repercussions of leaving a cult-which I don’t even know what those would be…It isn’t hard to see the comparison that a few posters have brought up…

I didn't claim leaving Church would mean eternal damnation.

I posted "that's not up to me."

Last edited:

Jesus did say we should get baptized, that gentleman is mistaken.

• Mark 16:16 “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.”

The "Good Thief on the Cross" was an exception. :)

I laugh pretty good every time I see the clip when Trumps asked about his favorite bible verses and which testament of the bible is his favorite. It's SPOT ON with a kid in class getting asked a question about an assignment that he didn't do and knows NOTHING about.

"I wouldn't want to get into it because to me that's very personal. You know, when I talk about the Bible, it's very personal, so I don't want to get into verses," Trump said, adding, "The Bible means a lot to me, but I don't want to get into specifics."

Later in the interview, host John Heilemann asked Trump if he was "an Old Testament guy or a New Testament guy." "Probably equal," Trump said."

Can't give a wrong answer if you give no answer at all
4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.rsquare.w400.jpg

How to Bible

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT