ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper DeJean (6'1", 200lbs) Will Star at Safety/Cash. Ran 10.66 in 100M. Adidas Nat'l Player of the Year & An All American + Video Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekj-vnRVkAALjcu

I watched his playoff games in the dome. he controlled the game on his own. Man among boys. His last TD of the game for the win of the championship was a scramble that made the opposition look like they wee stuck in mud.

I watched his playoff games in the dome. he controlled the game on his own. Man among boys. His last TD of the game for the win of the championship was a scramble that made the opposition look like they wee stuck in mud.
Like Vince Young vs. USC in National Title game. Young never looked like he was moving fast but gobbled up chunks of yardage with those huge strides.

I don't know how Rivals didn't move this kid to a 4 star.

If you're playing smaller class football in Iowa, it's just really hard for the ranking services to get a gauge on how good a player like Dejean is, he's just such a superior athlete to everyone on the field it's hard to judge what you're watching.

He certainly looks to have all the attributes, speed, strength, toughness. I would imagine there will be a steep adjustment curve for him being on the field with players who are his equal or better athletically. That's true of all high school players, but will be more marked for him given the level of competition he faced in high school.

If you're playing smaller class football in Iowa, it's just really hard for the ranking services to get a gauge on how good a player like Dejean is, he's just such a superior athlete to everyone on the field it's hard to judge what you're watching.

He certainly looks to have all the attributes, speed, strength, toughness. I would imagine there will be a steep adjustment curve for him being on the field with players who are his equal or better athletically. That's true of all high school players, but will be more marked for him given the level of competition he faced in high school.
its too bad he is not early enrolling but i understand his wanting to play HS basketball one more time

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT