ADVERTISEMENT

COOPER Freakin' DEJEAN. Since the start of 2022, Has Scored FOUR TDs (3 INT, 1 punt return), behind only Kaleb Johnson (7)

I have to admit “glass jaw” DeJean had a pretty good game. Unless Nebraska bullied him again at the end of the season and he’s smart, he bolts to the NFL.

• Haha
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
@GOHOX69, I agree CDJ is not at the level of Tim Dwight, but he still can have a similar impact on a game. That was my point.

Of course. You are right.

But would you trust the offense to actually use him? @QChawks might have said it best when he recently said that "our WR's are basically doing cardio on gamedays LOL."

Do we really want Cooper doing cardio on offense where you then have to send him right back out there on defense?

You’re right. In this offense, you wouldn’t.

Another thing: If you were him, would you be interested in taking the time to learn the offense and playing in it? Or would it just be a waste of time?

He's gonna play defense in the NFL; he might be returning punts, too. Just like he is doing now. The NFL draft is in just 7 months. He gone.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I think maybe Dwight had longer returns is his blockers were better??? As we know the offense doesn't block well, so maybe the guys on ST don't either? And with the new touchback rules you don't want to take off on a ball from the 5 or 10 yard line unless you have a BIG cushion.

I think maybe Dwight had longer returns is his blockers were better??? As we know the offense doesn't block well, so maybe the guys on ST don't either? And with the new touchback rules you don't want to take off on a ball from the 5 or 10 yard line unless you have a BIG cushion.
Dwight had/maybe has freak speed. He made my Trojans look like they were tackling air and ran track at Iowa also.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

F7UyoFvWAAAraiA

Fun listening to the crowd during that. It getss louder when he catches and you can she he has some room. The absolutely ERUPTS when he breaks that tackle and the place continues to erupt as he runs another 50 yards

Reactions: Ree4
It is just the stuff of hypothetical, but would Iowa have benefited more from DeJean playing full-time offense (QB) rather than full-time defense?

It is just the stuff of hypothetical, but would Iowa have benefited more from DeJean playing full-time offense (QB) rather than full-time defense?

During his recruitment, the coaching staff discussed with Cooper & his parents that playing on the defensive side of the ball would be his ticket to the NFL. They all agreed and the rest is history. And in 6 months, Cooper might be a first round NFL draft pick and instant millionaire.

Reactions: Ree4
This is my favorite angle. Watching the students in the background go from anticipation to full crescendo when he gets by that wave of would be defenders is awesome. Gives me goosebumps.

Oh yeah, and the police officer at the end, he couldn’t contain himself either. So much for stoicism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT