ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper Koch

I cannot think of a bad legacy. . They’ve turned out very well. What’s a bad example?
We've had some never offered (Morgan), although I think he would have been in the rotation, and some not given a scholarship immediately, like Stokes and Kingsbury. Fred Brown's son (Fred?) lasted 1 season IIRC.

Reactions: BBHawk
Legacies have higher probabilities of being great basketball players than a random kid. The genetics
are in their favor. I would say Legacies have geen good to Fran, but not all legacies have been great players.

Gatens, Marble, Keegan, Kris....all-B1G level playes

Darius Stokes: I thought he had some talent as defensive player, but not highly skilled on offense.

Fran passed on Morgan the 6'6 guard out of west high for Jok...jok turned out better, but morgan was good player for UNI. Lohaus was smallish guard and wouldn't have been a bust but wasn't a start either--if he'd been 7ft like Brad, then different story.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I see that he’s taken three official visits to Wisconsin, and Dean Oliver is his lead recruiter, but only one to Iowa. I’m hoping that Iowa’s last couple months has opened up his eyes even more to how special this program is.

The sky is the limit at Iowa. The whole program is at a new level now, and still rising.

Family seems to be very important to the Koch family, and even the national media has been recognizing that there’s no program in the country that’s more about family than Hawkeye basketball. Really beautiful to see.

GO HAWKS!

Reactions: Hawkeyes19
And that is how stupid Alford was and is because you could see Somerville was a strong, really good player. I think he averaged 20+ pts a game for Bradley his Sr season and led them to a pretty good season.

As a coach yeah you maybe cant promise but you can say ' You are one of our top 3 players so you are going to get top 3 player minutes. You will highly probably start." Done
Sommerville and Pierre Pierce made up a small but very good recruiting class, especially on the heels of the Reiner/Worley class the year before. If Alford could have kept Sommerville and Pierce happy and out of trouble, I wonder if his fortunes at Iowa might have been a lot different.

Reactions: vacuum_cleaner
I see that he’s taken three official visits to Wisconsin, and Dean Oliver is his lead recruiter, but only one to Iowa. I’m hoping that Iowa’s last couple months has opened up his eyes even more to how special this program is.

The sky is the limit at Iowa. The whole program is at a new level now, and still rising.

Family seems to be very important to the Koch family, and even the national media has been recognizing that there’s no program in the country that’s more about family than Hawkeye basketball. Really beautiful to see.

GO HAWKS!

I know Fran likes his yes guys on the staff, but Dean Oliver as as an assistant would be a good tie to old Iowa b-ball.

Speraw has tiny tie to Lute Olson as former walk on and he might be great guy, but I don't see how he or Dilliard could be recruiting dynamos when they are closer to being residents of a retirement home than High School.

And that is how stupid Alford was and is because you could see Somerville was a strong, really good player. I think he averaged 20+ pts a game for Bradley his Sr season and led them to a pretty good season.

As a coach yeah you maybe cant promise but you can say ' You are one of our top 3 players so you are going to get top 3 player minutes. You will highly probably start." Done
Somerville averaged 15.7 as a senior.

I know Fran likes his yes guys on the staff, but Dean Oliver as as an assistant would be a good tie to old Iowa b-ball.

Speraw has tiny tie to Lute Olson as former walk on and he might be great guy, but I don't see how he or Dilliard could be recruiting dynamos when they are closer to being residents of a retirement home than High School.
It's been awhile, I think Oliver is basically a loyal Badger.

I'm not sure, I think he had a daughter who played at a smaller college, or maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
I know that his daughter Kenya went to Lawrence U (small college in Wisconsin). I believe that his son Kareem is a sophomore at West High this year. One bio states that he has 5 kids, and I believe that Kareem is the youngest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT