ADVERTISEMENT

Cooper set a personal record (4.30?) in the 40. Now Fully Cleared & will Work out for 25 NFL teams on Monday, April 8th

Gonna get paid!

Pay Me GIF

Reactions: BigOHawk
He’ll be a great FS
I could see him (I may have already posted it in this thread) being like Hamilton for the ravens and just erasing areas of the field with his size, speed, and athleticism, even if it isn’t press coverage against jamarr chase.

Reactions: l.todd
well that’s my point. Plenty fast with qualifications just has me wondering if he’s really a top 15 guy. I wish him nothing but good fortune and the highest pick possible.
He's fresh off an injury as well so teams are going to take that into account. It's likely his speed might increase once he gets more training in at Elite NFL facilities and with their trainers.

Reactions: Tenacious E
He's fresh off an injury as well so teams are going to take that into account. It's likely his speed might increase once he gets more training in at Elite NFL facilities and with their trainers.
And I do want to reiterate that I believe he can play corner, I just wonder about him coming off the injury. All it takes is one team though!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Just pushing back, did he post a fast enough 40 to be selected that high as a CB, or did they put him in the hybrid mold, and is that a lower pick? Those are questions, not statements, by the way.

Not eye popping but given his size it seems very good. Guessing still a mid to late 1st rounder. His film and leadership, work ethic intangibles certainly carry a lot of weight.

He ran on an artificial football surface, too, and still had a 4.4 time

They keep pointing out his skin color but draft experts widely regard him as a top-five cornerback.

The story:

He ran on an artificial football surface, too, and still had a 4.4 time

They keep pointing out his skin color but draft experts widely regard him as a top-five cornerback.

The story:

If you base your opinions on skin color, isn't that racist?

Reactions: ClarindaA's
If you base your opinions on skin color, isn't that racist?

yes, it is. but reporters keep asking Cooper about his skin color and they keep reminding him that the last white cornerback was Jason Sehorn from 21 years ago

i have always said that these reporters need to forget about race and focus on ONE THING: you can either play the position or you can't. Same thing applied to the quarterback position. It was not that long ago when it was odd for a team to have a non-white starting QB. I would take Patrick Mahomes over anyone and I don't care about his mixed race.

He's football fast...anyone with eyes can see that...the notion he could run a (sub) 4.3 is based on that but the reality is nobody really runs that whether it be a blue moon or the apocalypse (I'm talking verifiable times)...the guy can play and run...I think the NFL probably has more questions about him physically holding up against tall WRs than his 40 time

He's football fast...anyone with eyes can see that...the notion he could run a (sub) 4.3 is based on that but the reality is nobody really runs that whether it be a blue moon or the apocalypse (I'm talking verifiable times)...the guy can play and run...I think the NFL probably has more questions about him physically holding up against tall WRs than his 40 time
a 38 inch vertical says he will hold up just fine against taller WR's. And you don't see many taller CB's ,

a 38 inch vertical says he will hold up just fine against taller WR's. And you don't see many taller CB's ,
Holding up against the taller/bigger guys has more to do with being able to press them at the LOS

which his strength, both upper body & legs will hold up just fine. Any other critiques?
It's not a critique...it's what NFL teams ask

He had a lower body injury and the lower body is the base of your press...did he not have a lower body injury?

Broken bone. Not acl or anything like that.
Sure...Zak Zinter went from the #1 OG off the board to maybe a 3rd round pick...maybe lower...because of a broken leg...it doesn't seem fair but it is...when you are drafting a guy in the 1st round you want to be sure...not all injuries heal 100% even if 95%

I haven't suggested Cooper won't be a first round pick...he will be because he has that type of talent...the question is if he's a 10-15 guy or late 1st rounder...I think the lower body issue could make it late 1st round...right or wrong

Sure...Zak Zinter went from the #1 OG off the board to maybe a 3rd round pick...maybe lower...because of a broken leg...it doesn't seem fair but it is...when you are drafting a guy in the 1st round you want to be sure...not all injuries heal 100% even if 95%

I haven't suggested Cooper won't be a first round pick...he will be because he has that type of talent...the question is if he's a 10-15 guy or late 1st rounder...I think the lower body issue could make it late 1st round...right or wrong
Yeah we shall see. My point is that a break heals back to normal most of the time (not always as you noted) vs ligament damage or tears are a whole different ballgame. I think he is 95% 1st round, and maybe 20% in first 15 picks. Most likely late teens - mid 20’s

"Projections

Up until his injury, many projected Zinter as an early Day 2 pick. Michigan has been a factory for offensive linemen, and that won’t change as every starter from the unit anticipates hearing their name called in the 2024 NFL Draft."

"The Final Word​

Zinter has the makings of a starting guard at the pro level. Granted, I believe he’s a guard-exclusive prospect, which does put a damper on his NFL resume and the demand he will be in for the NFL Draft. That said, he feels like a high-floor player who should be a capable starter in most schemes thanks to his length, anchor and natural power.

Current Projection: Top 100"​

So the injury did have an impact. October 2023 he was top 100, now he is projected round 3-4.

Can we interest you guys in a QB?

Yeah we shall see. My point is that a break heals back to normal most of the time (not always as you noted) vs ligament damage or tears are a whole different ballgame. I think he is 95% 1st round, and maybe 20% in first 15 picks. Most likely late teens - mid 20’s
Tibial fracture is also a more significant break than a fibula (which I believe is what Coop’s was).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT