ADVERTISEMENT

Costco (Kirkland) flushable wipes = game changer

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
Yep, boy do they leave you clean. Sure, we bought them for the kids as they transitioned out of diapers, but it only took 1 untimely instance of the toilet paper running out, and the cat was out of the bag.

You're welcome HROT.

imageService_4cb2f311-cac5-4b1e-88b4-b23b864be90e_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Beware, though, that "flushable" is more a marketing ploy than accurate.

We found this out the hard way at a former employer of mine and racked up quite a plumbing bill.

Thank you sir! Very kind of you to point that out. That's worth 5 likes for sure, payment coming soon.

They might feel good on your hind parts, but they are really bad for your local water and sewer provider. They don't break down like toilet paper, so they clog up the system and cause equipment to break down and require repair prematurely.

I have a feeling these are going to be next to receive the ire of the anti-straw lobby, eventually leading to an uptick in the use of bidet's in America.

Beware, though, that "flushable" is more a marketing ploy than accurate.

We found this out the hard way at a former employer of mine and racked up quite a plumbing bill.

We had an issue with roots getting into our main drain. At one point we started getting back ups so we had a plumber come and clean out the drain. After a few minutes augering the blockage, he backed it out. It was covered in flushable wipes. We hadn't used wipes in a couple of years.

He said that it was a common problem and if he were in charge the term flushable would be illegal. He also pointed out that many of the "nicer" toilet papers were barely better at breaking down than the wipes. He said the best TP for sewer systems was actually the cheap kind that no one likes. He said the softer the TP, in general, the worse it is for the sewage system.

Yep, boy do they leave you clean. Sure, we bought them for the kids as they transitioned out of diapers, but it only took 1 untimely instance of the toilet paper running out, and the cat was out of the bag.

You're welcome HROT.

Every.Single.Bathroom in my house has these next to the crapper. It's like heaven in a little plastic holder.

We had an issue with roots getting into our main drain. At one point we started getting back ups so we had a plumber come and clean out the drain. After a few minutes augering the blockage, he backed it out. It was covered in flushable wipes. We hadn't used wipes in a couple of years.

He said that it was a common problem and if he were in charge the term flushable would be illegal. He also pointed out that many of the "nicer" toilet papers were barely better at breaking down than the wipes. He said the best TP for sewer systems was actually the cheap kind that no one likes. He said the softer the TP, in general, the worse it is for the sewage system.
I had a similar experience. Plumber recommend Angel Soft TP and put the wet wipes in the garbage can.

At work I just use a damp brown paper towel. Doesn’t seem to bother my bottom.

At home I just wet some TP.

Follow up with dry TP in both situations.

I have a feeling these are going to be next to receive the ire of the anti-straw lobby, eventually leading to an uptick in the use of bidet's in America.
I don't know if they'll be banned, but it would seem likely that water/sewer rates will eventually be increased to cover the additional maintenance/repair costs.

Between non-flushable wipes being advertised as flushable and the plastic beads in soaps etc...

Next thing you know, fatbergs EVERYWHERE!
Wow! That is terrificly gross!

"On September 12, workers in London discovered one of the biggest fatbergs ever seen, in the East End neighborhood of Whitechapel. Measuring more than 800 feet long, the monstrosity weighs an estimated 130 metric tons and is the size of 11 double-decker buses, according to the London utility provider Thames Water."

Reactions: naturalmwa
Wow! That is terrificly gross!

"On September 12, workers in London discovered one of the biggest fatbergs ever seen, in the East End neighborhood of Whitechapel. Measuring more than 800 feet long, the monstrosity weighs an estimated 130 metric tons and is the size of 11 double-decker buses, according to the London utility provider Thames Water."

I now right!? And it seems the main binding agent is simply fat grease being poured into the drains. If edible, I have stopped pouring and reserve for my dogs. But I bet there is no real good solution for people to truly dispose, garbage being better than sink.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Sure u can flush them, but if they don't clog your line, they will certainly clog the city sewer main at some point.

I now right!? And it seems the main binding agent is simply fat grease being poured into the drains. If edible, I have stopped pouring and reserve for my dogs. But I bet there is no real good solution for people to truly dispose, garbage being better than sink.
Yeah, I'm not sure there's an *ideal* option. I usually let the grease cool, then scrape it into the trash. I guess it biodegrades in the landfill.

You're welcome HROT.

I've been using the small version for decades.

Or, the less expensive and frankly better Walmart version

And, I don't have hemorrhoids. I had my neighbor get rid of them for me. :D

Less chance of plumbing problems.

Reactions: thewop
Sure u can flush them, but if they don't clog your line, they will certainly clog the city sewer main at some point.

Either that or if you are in a development where there is a sewage pump anywhere "downstream" of your house, then it is only a matter of time before someone will be pulling the cover off to clean out those "flushable" wipes. Yes, there should be a grinder in operation, but they fail too.

Either that or if you are in a development where there is a sewage pump anywhere "downstream" of your house, then it is only a matter of time before someone will be pulling the cover off to clean out those "flushable" wipes. Yes, there should be a grinder in operation, but they fail too.

I'm telling you, go the small rounte. Them Tucks have clogged the Herkmeister residences. :D

You're welcome HROT.

[/QUOT

You should be using them on yourself too, need to clean out the dugout real well. It's the source of shit stains on your underwear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT